Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #141
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerz4Life View Post
First off, in regards to Super Bowl XLV, the better team did not win,
I stopped reading your post right there. Between that and the title of your "thread", I knew you had some kind of brain-to-fingers disconnect when typing. You sound like John f*cking Harbaugh for Chrissakes! SERIOUSLY? The better team DID in fact win that day. The Packers did what they needed to do to win that game and the Steelers lost AS A TEAM, not just Big Ben. Name one facet of our team that really played well enough to win that game. I dare you to try to come up with it. It doesn't exsist. In no way, shape or form did we deserve to win that day as a team. We failed in all aspects.

The only other thing I can say is...

And to quiggle, don't let the door hit you in the Wonder Woman Underoos on the way out. You won't be missed.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #142
Set-Man
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12795

Ben is not a stand in the pocket passer. He never was and won't be. He fits the epitome of the Steelers team which is smashmouth and sometimes ugly. We have to have a qb like that to fit our offensive line. Only once did he have time to throw deep (to Wallace) and he didn't even come close.
He excels in eluding defenders and hitting a receiver well past the planned routes.

I am happy with 2 SB wins, 1 loss with him. Did you see how Rodgers threaded passes to receivers. gay actually had awesome coverage on the TD play. He just didn't turn his head.

Why does everybody always want to categorize players as winners or losers?
All I can say is that he has gotten us to 3 SB's. Yes we lost one but it was a team loss. Anybody fail to recognize how many games he won us by rallying the troops?
Set-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #143
Steelerz4Life
Water Boy

Member Number: 18235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
I stopped reading your post right there.
That's ok. There are alot of people out there with ADD, don't feel bad. I'll just stop replying at this point so I don't lose you.
Steelerz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #144
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
That's ok. There are alot of people out there with ADD, don't feel bad. I'll just stop replying at this point so I don't lose you.
No, don't stop ... it's just getting interesting.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 AM   #145
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i cant understand how anyone can say the better team lost. Green Bay played far superior and we were lucky we stayed in the game till the end. we couldnt throw the ball as acurate as them and our defense couldnt stop them. the best team won the superbowl this year.

no need to complain or make up excuses, the game is over and we lost. we lost to a great team. i have always said i felt Aaron Rodgers will someday be known as the best QB to ever play the game and he tore us up.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #146
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
And in this case ADD stands for Absolute Dumb-ass Detection and my Spidey sense is tingling off the charts, moron. It has nothing to do with not having an attention deficiency, but rather the super-ability to rapidly identify a complete blithering idiot asshat with no common sense and a severe disconnect with reality. There was no reason to read any further into your silly diatribe beyond that point because you had very succinctly proven yourself to be as dumb as a bag of broken hammers in a mere 13 words. You should be proud of yourself for being able to pull that off so quickly and effectively so as not to waste people's valuable time reading your drivel.

Thank you for not further subjecting everyone to your long winded rambling stupidity. The board is much smarter for your stellar efforts.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #147
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i cant understand how anyone can say the better team lost. Green Bay played far superior and we were lucky we stayed in the game till the end. we couldnt throw the ball as acurate as them and our defense couldnt stop them. the best team won the superbowl this year.

no need to complain or make up excuses, the game is over and we lost. we lost to a great team. i have always said i felt Aaron Rodgers will someday be known as the best QB to ever play the game and he tore us up.
the 49ers played far superior when they beat the chargers.

dallas played far superior when they beat the bills.

every team that beat the broncos in their 1st 3 sb's played far superior.

the packers certainly werent far superior, and the only "great" team i saw on sunday was the one who had been in 3 of the past 6 sb's.

a team who cant even run the ball or prevent the opposition's offense from scoring 25 points, after taking the ball away 3 times, is FAR from great.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #148
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,383 Posts

I believe Green Bay was the better team (Steelers did not put together a full game in the playoffs and were 2-4 against playoff teams in the 2010 regular season - that is a body of work that can be judged as a team that admirably overachieved))

But any team that needed to win the last game of the season to make the playoffs as a wildcard and has a history of letting teams back into playoff games in the second half presumptively is not a great team - at least not yet - Green Bay is a young team that might grow into greatness if Rodgers history of concussions and the salary cap do not derail them but it is tough to string together multiple championships given the way the NFL is structured

Great teams are the 1978 Steelers, 1989 49ers and the early 90s Cowboys that flattened the opposition in the playoffs

"A lot of teams have won one in a row." - John Wooden
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #149
LW56
Water Boy

Member Number: 13666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
I stopped reading your post right there. Between that and the title of your "thread", I knew you had some kind of brain-to-fingers disconnect when typing. You sound like John f*cking Harbaugh for Chrissakes! SERIOUSLY? The better team DID in fact win that day. The Packers did what they needed to do to win that game and the Steelers lost AS A TEAM, not just Big Ben. Name one facet of our team that really played well enough to win that game. I dare you to try to come up with it. It doesn't exsist. In no way, shape or form did we deserve to win that day as a team. We failed in all aspects.
Exactly.

The Pack was the better team THAT DAY, and they deserved to win. The OP was only suggesting the Steelers are a better team overall and I agree. Without the turnovers, we win. Had we got whipped by a superior team, I, and many other Steeler fans would have accepted it and moved on. Instead, we are lamenting over the fact we shoulda, coulda, woulda won. This wasn't a 55-10 whipping the 49'ers laid on the Broncos.

What I find stupid is that many on this board suggest the OP be banned or to suggest he go look for another team because he is critical of Big Ben. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and part of being a fan is being critical of your team.

I like Big Ben.
Why? Because he fits our system, and this franchise hasn't had a decent QB since Bradshaw, so I'm not complaining.

Is Ben an elite QB? Hell no. Elite QB's are pretty. Ben at times looks elite, and other times he looks like a complete buffoon...but as long as he keeps taking us to Super Bowls, I'll take the big, tough, scrappy, buffoon any day.
LW56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #150
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the 49ers played far superior when they beat the chargers.

dallas played far superior when they beat the bills.

every team that beat the broncos in their 1st 3 sb's played far superior.

the packers certainly werent far superior, and the only "great" team i saw on sunday was the one who had been in 3 of the past 6 sb's.

a team who cant even run the ball or prevent the opposition's offense from scoring 25 points, after taking the ball away 3 times, is FAR from great.

I agree 100%...Via con dios!!!