Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
xli...
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17864
Default Re: Anyone else surprised by how little you care about the loss?

I didn't feel much on Sunday.

Now, I kinda have the sick feeling in my gut. I could be ordering my 3rd Commemorative Edition Heinz ketchup bottle, and I can't. And it eats inside.

Losing blows...
Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #12
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,136 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I wasn't surprised by how well I took it. I prepared myself early for the loss, and not hating the Packers helped tremendously.

It always sucks to lose, but like you said, we've been lucky enough to witness 2 SB wins in the past 6 years. There are fans who don't even get to witness one in a lifetime.

We'll be back, I'm not worried.
I feel pretty much the same way.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I really believe that we're always going to be a contender and will always have the opportunity to get to the SB and we have 40 years worth of success to justify that feeling.

So if we don't win one, we'll win another.

And like many others here, losing to to a quality opponent helped to soften the blow.

(still hurts though)
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #13
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

I went into this game expecting to lose, so when it happened it wasn't as much of a let down.

With 3 TOs and still having a chance to win the game in the 4th, I guess I underestimated the Steelers. The game was really a lot closer than it seems.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
SoCalFan
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Buzzed

Was not nearly as bad as O'donnells loss to the Cowgirls.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,149 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
A loss is a loss is a loss in the Super Bowl. I felt horrible. Cried a little inside.
^This. It's very comforting into knowing that we STILL have the team together to contend for another 4 or so years. I think we will CERTAINLY be back in the big dance sooner than anyone else could expect. I'm actually taking comfort coming in and actually talking about it to you guys. However, I will NOT watch replays. Probably EVER.

With that said, I still feel really shitty about this one. Kind of have that pressure on my chest into thinking our 7th title was RIGHT on our lap following one HELLUVA football season. This season sure was fun and the comeback against Baltimore in the Divisional Round was magic.

It hit me about 4 hours after the game and I teared up a bit. However, that next day was just so damn painful. I still have that "sad" feeling but it's slowly going away. I'm almost ready for Latrobe!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #16
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032

Wasn't devastated by any means. Saddened that this was all I wanted for a b-day gift since my b-day was the same day, but in the end, as long as the Patriots or Ravens didn't get it, I'm happy.Only thing I did not want to occur was a boring Super Bowl. Both of these teams are fun to watch, and I simply was hoping that there wouldn't be a blowout. Could have become that had their WRs made some catches, I just wanted it to be close and a good watch.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #17
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I wasn't surprised by how well I took it. I prepared myself early for the loss, and not hating the Packers helped tremendously.

It always sucks to lose, but like you said, we've been lucky enough to witness 2 SB wins in the past 6 years. There are fans who don't even get to witness one in a lifetime.

We'll be back, I'm not worried.
^ this.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

In 96 I was devastated because I hated the Cowboys and was too young to remember the 70's super bowls, even though I was alive.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #18
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

it's wasn't as bad as losing the AFCCG to the Pats in 2004. that was such a fun season and that loss really hurt. we made up for it the year later, but it sure sucked at the time.

here's what is bugging me.. this team had a chance to win 3 Super Bowl in 6 years.. that would have been something really special.. Ward was having a good game.. if he makes another couple key catches on that final drive and maybe catches the winning TD, he's the MVP again and stamps his ticket to Canton as one of the most clutch receivers of all-time. a game winning drive led by Ben and he is in the HOF. i really wanted to see the guys receive the trophy from Goodell after all the shit he caused this season. it's still a ****ing bummer.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #19
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
it's wasn't as bad as losing the AFCCG to the Pats in 2004. that was such a fun season and that loss really hurt. we made up for it the year later, but it sure sucked at the time.

here's what is bugging me.. this team had a chance to win 3 Super Bowl in 6 years.. that would have been something really special.. Ward was having a good game.. if he makes another couple key catches on that final drive and maybe catches the winning TD, he's the MVP again and stamps his ticket to Canton as one of the most clutch receivers of all-time. a game winning drive led by Ben and he is in the HOF. i really wanted to see the guys receive the trophy from Goodell after all the shit he caused this season. it's still a ****ing bummer.
Yes, you are right on both points. I knew we had the ability to pull off that 2 minute drive, but for some reason this time I just didn't "feel it".
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:54 PM   #20
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,136 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Was not nearly as bad as O'donnells loss to the Cowgirls.
Definitely!

THAT ONE really hurt and took a while to get over.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote