Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #21
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796
Default Re: Anyone else surprised by how little you care about the loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Definitely!

THAT ONE really hurt and took a while to get over.
Especially because every bandwagon Cowboy fan within a 200 mile radius started calling on the phone howling about it.

I haven't heard from any of them in a long long time. Some of them don't know who the last 3 Cowboy head coaches have been.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #22
The Curtain's Crusader
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17934

I was surprised before the game at how I wasn't as nervous/jittery about this game as I was about the 2 previous games (or any Ravens game). I think it was a comibination of how the media was giving it to the Packers already and not hating the Packers. With that being said, I was pretty down after the loss but it was more because of the way they played and it really seemed like with a decent game they would've won. Just disappointing to see them play that poorly in the big game. Glad we had a chance to win at the end, but even that last "drive" made it a little more upsetting. REALLY would've loved to have shut up the talking heads and Goodell with a win...but still very pleased with how the season went. Can't wait to see what's in store for next season.
The Curtain's Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #23
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,497 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoJon View Post
Especially because every bandwagon Cowboy fan within a 200 mile radius started calling on the phone howling about it.

I haven't heard from any of them in a long long time. Some of them don't know who the last 3 Cowboy head coaches have been.
LOL!

To be honest, it's the bandwagon idiots that make a tough loss tougher.

The "real" fans dish out a little smack but that's expected and I don't mind it coming from them. But the bandwagoners go on and on and have no idea what they're talking about and it gets to the point where you start seriously weighing your options regarding felony assault.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #24
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

I'm just pissed that the Steelers let one of the weakest teams to ever make it to a Super Bowl win the damn thing. Some say that Green Bay excelled, and some say Pittsburgh stunk, as the reason the game turned out the way it did.....but I've seen too many stink bomb performances by the Pack to give them much credit at all. They're not the Lions or the Browns, but I never saw anything in them that made me think that they were ever going to win a Lombardi.

To me, it would be like if the '85 Patriots had beaten the Bears......or like the '00 Giants beating the Ravens......or like the '98 Falcons beating the Broncos......or like the '95 Chargers beating the 49ers......or like the '01 Patriots beating the Ra....Oh wait, that really happened, good thing I didn't give a rat's ass about that game at all. Whatever.....it just feels wrong to me. I'll give Rodgers some credit for being highly accurate in the playoffs, but I truly feel the weaker team won this game.....and maybe the weakest winner ever.
Steel Peon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,530 Times in 3,968 Posts

are you saying they were the weakest team ever because they were the #6 seed who had to play four games away from home to win the lombardi?

i thought the packers were stronger than both the cardinals and seahawks teams we faced.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #26
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
I'm just pissed that the Steelers let one of the weakest teams to ever make it to a Super Bowl win the damn thing. Some say that Green Bay excelled, and some say Pittsburgh stunk, as the reason the game turned out the way it did.....but I've seen too many stink bomb performances by the Pack to give them much credit at all. They're not the Lions or the Browns, but I never saw anything in them that made me think that they were ever going to win a Lombardi.

To me, it would be like if the '85 Patriots had beaten the Bears......or like the '00 Giants beating the Ravens......or like the '98 Falcons beating the Broncos......or like the '95 Chargers beating the 49ers......or like the '01 Patriots beating the Ra....Oh wait, that really happened, good thing I didn't give a rat's ass about that game at all. Whatever.....it just feels wrong to me. I'll give Rodgers some credit for being highly accurate in the playoffs, but I truly feel the weaker team won this game.....and maybe the weakest winner ever.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course, but if you believe Green Bay to be a weak team, in my opinion you don't know football. There isn't a bigger Steelers fan than me, but I wasn't the least bit surprised that we lost.
steelerjim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #27
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Yeah, that's got to be one of the worst posts made yet...and that's saying a lot.

The hell is with people tonight?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #28
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Green Bay a weak team? That's just...wow. It's amazing how far perception differs from reality sometimes.

Here's an article that compares them directly to the Steelers. It's crazy how closely matched the two teams were.

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Art...Bowl_pick.html
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #29
MaidenIndiana
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10557
My Mood: Twisted

I have to admit it sucked watching us lose, I honestly believe if Mendonhall doesn't fumble we would've scored , took the lead, and then won the game. But we still have great players and coaches and now it's time to start working and looking forward to next year. I'd love to see the Steelers playing in the Super Bowl in Indy....first round will be on me
MaidenIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #30
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Even though this is My first time witnessing The Steelers losing a SB, but I don't feel as if I will be depressed forever. I'm a little depressed, but not to the point where I can't go anywhere. The only thing that bothers me the most is The way The Steelers were treated during this whole season. I really wanted to see Roger Goodell hand us the trophy as pay back. And winning in Cowboys stadium would have made everything that much sweeter. I'm just pissed the steelers weren't rewarded for all that hard work they've been through, but it's a shame they didn't bother to show up. Oh and the fact of hearing people singing Green & Yellow Green & Yellow Green & Yellow. Oh god, just thinking about it makes me sick. Christina Aguilera's messing up the National Anthem caused The Steelers to lose lol