Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #31
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Anyone else surprised by how little you care about the loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerz4Life View Post
I am very p*ssed at it. Just go to my thread "Time to talk about the Real Big Ben", they guy who handed the Packers the Lombardi himself.

I will always hate the Packers. It would still suck if we lost to a team that was obviously better but that Packer team was not the better team. They had refs not calling holding on the Pack, but forget that. We had a chance to win and Ben choked big time.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #32
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,690 Posts

ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons has what he calls the 5 year rule - you cannot get really upset about a loss within 5 years of winning a championship

That rule would not have been in effect for me if the Steelers would have blown the Super Bowl to Arizona 2 years ago, but this loss was not nearly as distressing as the AFC championship game losses under Cowher or losing SB XXX to Dallas For me the worst loss ever was the 76 team losing to the Raiders in the AFC championship after coming back from a 1-4 start and not having Bleier or Harris.

This team over achieved given all the offseason issues + injuries and Green Bay was a team I do not dislike as well as the superior team going into the game. So the loss is not one I could not believe occurred.

A 6-2 record in Super Bowls certainly is 2 losses more than I would prefer but it certainly beats being 0-4 like the Vikings and Bills

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 02-09-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #33
Sleeper/54
Water Boy

Member Number: 17449

Some of you guys really crack me up .... I came around and started to hang out when Suisham joined your team and it has been pretty kool to enjoy being around a winning team. As a long time Lions and Leaf fan you can only imagine my suffering. You all need to kick back and appreciate being SUPPORTERS of the best football franchise in NFL history .... later
Sleeper/54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #34
Farrior_roirraW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12978

I don't know but I feel great about winning XL and XLIII a lot more now (not that I didn't before).

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Farrior_roirraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #35
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper/54 View Post
Some of you guys really crack me up .... I came around and started to hang out when Suisham joined your team and it has been pretty kool to enjoy being around a winning team. As a long time Lions and Leaf fan you can only imagine my suffering. You all need to kick back and appreciate being SUPPORTERS of the best football franchise in NFL history .... later
Ummm...have you read most of the thread? The majority are kicking back and enjoying being Steelers fans despite the loss. It's disappointing, but nearly everyone has taken the loss in stride, given kudos to the Packers and are moving on to next season.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #36
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Ummm...have you read most of the thread? The majority are kicking back and enjoying being Steelers fans despite the loss. It's disappointing, but nearly everyone has taken the loss in stride, given kudos to the Packers and are moving on to next season.

+ 1
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #37
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

I'm still a little bummed but I'm so proud of them. Having the other wins makes it better too. Plus I know my team is gonna be right back in it for another shot at the trophy!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #38
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,256 Posts

i took it very well, even the girlfriend said i did... i was dissapointed in the lose but when you turn the ball over 3times and to still have a chance it hurts

there is some part side
at least your not a bills, browns, bengals, lions... and the list goes on of fans...your a fan of a 6x time super bowl champion team..

i've only been alive for the 2 wins and 2 lose which sucks but they will be back, and if the worse thing in my life right now is the steelers winning the afc north, and afc championship and losing a close game (self enflicted) super bowl, then then the franchise and myself are doing just fine

plus.. when most people didnt even think they were going to make the playoffs, its hard to be mad
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #39
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerz4Life View Post
I am very p*ssed at it. Just go to my thread "Time to talk about the Real Big Ben", they guy who handed the Packers the Lombardi himself.

I will always hate the Packers. It would still suck if we lost to a team that was obviously better but that Packer team was not the better team. They had refs not calling holding on the Pack, but forget that. We had a chance to win and Ben choked big time.
You are a damn cry baby, and you're not even an intelligent one. If you're going to be a cry baby at least know what you're talking about....but nope.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #40
MaineSteelerFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 17299

Just go to my thread "Time to talk about the Real Big Ben", they guy who handed the Packers the Lombardi himself.

Yah guy, because he was the only Steeler on the field lol what a JOKE!!!

Last edited by MaineSteelerFan; 02-09-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Needed to delete something
MaineSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote