Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #41
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else surprised by how little you care about the loss?

steelerz4life seems like a troll
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #42
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

I'm sure I'll get labeled a troll, but truthfully, this one hurts more than the '96 one.
saveus1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #43
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,234 Times in 4,482 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Compared to the loss against the Cowboys, the SB 45 loss is giving me no problems. It must be the last two we won, and I do appreciate them even more now. I also have a very positive feeling about the next few years.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #44
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,105 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveus1011 View Post
I'm sure I'll get labeled a troll, but truthfully, this one hurts more than the '96 one.
lol no worries, you're certainly not using troll language. As much as this hurt, I'm starting to recover now (right on schedule...3 days is usually my cooling off period). The Steelers gave it away on offense, defense, and special teams, just as in Super Bowl XXX.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i found this loss to be equally disappointing as the loss to Dallas........neither one worse than the other. Like someone else said, we gave this one away too....a monumental list of mistakes made.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #46
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

I'm taking this one harder because we already beat the 'Boys twice in the Super Bowl, so they were due.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #47
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
are you saying they were the weakest team ever because they were the #6 seed who had to play four games away from home to win the lombardi?

i thought the packers were stronger than both the cardinals and seahawks teams we faced.
Maybe I should've said "weakest team to win a Super Bowl." Still.....beating the '05 Seahawks wasn't the biggest challenge in the world, and I'd put the '10 Pack right on par with them. Difference being, we screwed up a whole lot less against the Seahags, and had an OC who wasn't brainless. The '08 Cardinals also had some very potent weapons, and a half-way decent D, who also happened to be surging at the very right time. You could say we surged at the right time in '05, the 6th seed thing and all, but don't forget that we finished the '04 regular season 15-1, and overall we finished 16-2.

We were very established as a team on the verge of a Lombardi entering the '05 season, and Ben was returning from being the greatest rookie QB (or maybe rookie period) of all time. Expectations for the Steelers in '05 were the highest I think I ever saw it go. The defense was crushing, Willie Parker was having a dominating year, and every Pittsburgh receiver was shining at the same time. The '04-'05 Steeler teams were dominant, matched only by the Colts and Patriots.

All that being said, the '09-'10 Packers can't really hold much of a candle to the '04-'05 Steelers. In comparison, the '09 Pack was beat down 2 times by the Favre led Vikings, and then sqeeeeeked into the wild card game, only to lose to the Cardinals, in fairly embarrassing fashion, with neither team's defense being able to stop the other......until the end of the game, where they forced the ball from rodgers, and scored a TD......game over. I personally had no reason to think that the '10 Pack was going to be a lot better than the '09 one.

Only......it seemed that many football experts, at the beginning of this season, were picking them to advance to the Super Bowl, and I thought they were all smoking dope. I know Rodgers is a good QB and all, but I never thought he was close to being as good a Favre. Over the course of the season they never looked to me like a team that was headed for the big game. I attributed their success to the Vikings falling flat, and an overall lack of competition in the NFC this year, and they STILL barely made it into the playoffs, having to win their last 2, despite having lost Rodgers for only 1 game.

Then they almost lost the Wild Card game to the Eagles, which would've been the second in a row, due to David Akers missing 2 field goals that would've won the game. Akers, incidentally, looked and played like death warmed over 'cause he'd had to spend most of the week in the hospital with his 6-yr old daughter who'd been diagnosed with ovarian cancer......you can thank God for that one. The only good game that I can point to for them, especially for Rodgers, was the Atlanta game. The Jets beat a top-seeded team too......whoopdeedoo. I'm also not going to get into their stats for the year either because I prefer to watch teams play to gauge their skill level. Having watched a lot of football since the new Pack has been around, I'd say either the '09 Vikings or the '09 Saints would eat the '10 Pack's lunch.

So, do I think they're any good? Yeah, they're good......but not near as good as just about all previous winners. And for any of you Steeler fans that have been bashing my earlier sentiments, you can't possibly believe that Green Bay would've won this game had the Steelers not stepped on their own dicks. If you truly think that the Steelers brought their A game into SBXLV, then I think you must be a new fan.

Now after clearly displaying a knowledge of football, can someone please explain why I'm wrong, and maybe even a jackass?
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #48
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,883 Times in 4,504 Posts

i'll start with this...

Quote:
and every Pittsburgh receiver was shining at the same time.
really? wilson, ward and el???
Old 02-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #49
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post

Now after clearly displaying a knowledge of football, can someone please explain why I'm wrong, and maybe even a jackass?
Because you're comparing teams from one year to teams from another year.

Because you're saying that the Steelers not playing as well as they could is the reason they lost. No duh...did you ever think that the Packers forcing turnovers and playing their best ball caused the Steelers to lose too?

Because somewhere in that rambling you think you clearly displayed a knowledge of football.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #50
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

I was devastated about the loss, laying on the ground for 10 minutes with my Terrible Towel over my face. It hurt because I knew the better team did not win that day, the better team be themselves. It was an emotional rollercoaster with going down early, striving through 3 turnovers to making it a game, to eventually the heartbreak.

I wore my black and yellow proudly the next 3 days as I was damn proud to be a Steeler. We were in a game that 30 other teams could only watch, dream, and wimper to be at. This Steeler team allowed us the pleasure of watching them the maximum amount of games that we possibly could in a season.

The pain has subsided but the hopes for next season have ignited. A good fighter doesn't sit in the corner and whimper while he licks his wounds for weeks and months. The game is over, what's done is done, and this team is going to move on and is going to be successful again.

You can point as many fingers as you want about who lost the game, but there are 3 pointing right back at you and those 3 fingers are pointing at the person who needs to be a better fan and uncurl those fingers into giving each one of those players a high five for enduring what they did this season and taking us on a hell of a ride.
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote