Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
PackerBacker
Water Boy

Member Number: 18236
Default You guys show pure class

Hey guys,

Lifelong Green Bay Packer fan and new forum member here. I've been reading this site off and on for the last couple weeks and finally had to join after reading the 'congrats green bay' thread. No other fan base, in any sport, would show the class and sportsmanship that you guys do. Iím not even 100% convinced Packer fans would do the same. Over the last couple of weeks I've learned a lot about the Steelers organization and their fan base. Iím here to say you guys gained at least one more fan, and Iím sure there are PLENTY more people in the state of Wisconsin who feel the same. As long as the Steelers arenít playing the Packers weíll be rooting for you.

Hereís to a Super Bowl XLVI rematch

And hereís to a great baseball season Looking forward to the first Pirates/Brewers series!

-Ryan
PackerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,450 Times in 935 Posts
Default Re: You guys show pure class

Rather lose to the Packers than any other team.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Steelerz4Life
Water Boy

Member Number: 18235

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker View Post
Hey guys,

Lifelong Green Bay Packer fan and new forum member here. I've been reading this site off and on for the last couple weeks and finally had to join after reading the 'congrats green bay' thread. No other fan base, in any sport, would show the class and sportsmanship that you guys do. Iím not even 100% convinced Packer fans would do the same. Over the last couple of weeks I've learned a lot about the Steelers organization and their fan base. Iím here to say you guys gained at least one more fan, and Iím sure there are PLENTY more people in the state of Wisconsin who feel the same. As long as the Steelers arenít playing the Packers weíll be rooting for you.

Hereís to a Super Bowl XLVI rematch

And hereís to a great baseball season Looking forward to the first Pirates/Brewers series!

-Ryan

The only thing I worry about in a Steeler Packer rematch is that Big Ben will have a chance at being the Packers 2 time Super Bowl MVP. He already was your MVP in Super Bowl XLV
Steelerz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Pirates..now thats funny.....But hey thanks for stopin by. Hope we get a rematch next year. but its hard to repeat.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
Steelerz4Life
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Pirates..now thats funny.....But hey thanks for stopin by. Hope we get a rematch next year. but its hard to repeat.
I don't expect the Pirates to go to the playoffs, but they will surprise some teams this year. New manager and some good talent.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
PackerBacker
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerz4Life View Post
The only thing I worry about in a Steeler Packer rematch is that Big Ben will have a chance at being the Packers 2 time Super Bowl MVP. He already was your MVP in Super Bowl XLV
The MVP going to Rodgers was almost by default. They had to give it to somebody. IMO, nobody really earned it. Although his stats would have been very mvp-worthy had there not been so many dropped passes.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

It's a tough loss for sure but I haven't cursed the Packers once yet and I am a man who hates to lose. I think what it is for me is that I genuinely do respect you guys as fellow fans. Green Bay is a great football town like Pittsburgh is. Plus I do like many of your players and even coaches. Rodgers is a tough cookie and I mean this as a compliment but he reminds me a lot of Ben since Rodgers isn't a whiner like a Brady or Manning and he just plays on. And heck I even like some of your coaches. Your HC is a Pittsburgh native and of Irish decent. I like Irish Pittsburghers (Dad's mom's family is just that) Plus Capers and Greene. And I guess another thing is that there really weren't any cheap calls that went your way that determined the outcome. You guys made us make mistakes and took advantage of them. I'd love for a rematch with the scores reversed of course. Enjoy your championship.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
Steelerz4Life
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker View Post
The MVP going to Rodgers was almost by default. They had to give it to somebody. IMO, nobody really earned it. Although his stats would have been very mvp-worthy had there not been so many dropped passes.
Putting my sarcasm aside, Rogers did deserve MVP. I would give anything to have Rogers instead of Ben. Rogers has not even hit his peak yet he will get even better.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #9
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Thanks PackerBacker! I'm not happy the Steelers lost, but I'm glad it went to a great organization like the Packers.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
PackerBacker
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
I genuinely do respect you guys as fellow fans. Green Bay is a great football town like Pittsburgh is.
Agreed!

I remember SB XXXII, watching Elway's 'helicopter spin' and realizing that we were about to lose. I was so upset, but yet I had to respect Elway and his team for what they did in that game. Deep down inside (way, way, way deep) I was glad he had finally won a super bowl. Had we lost on Sunday, it would have been heartbreaking but at least it would have been to a team and a fan base I can respect.

I just can't imagine losing to the Patriots or the Jets. The thought makes me want to puke.