Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645
Default Re: You guys show pure class

If I had to choose one team in the NFC to lose too, it'd be none! Haha. In all honestly, either Vikings (my dad's team), or Packers. Always liked Rodgers, and had to fight even with Packer fans who were Favre devout saying they should keep him around, told them to give Aaron a chance.

I hate being right at my own expense. lol
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #12
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker View Post
Agreed!

I remember SB XXXII, watching Elway's 'helicopter spin' and realizing that we were about to lose. I was so upset, but yet I had to respect Elway and his team for what they did in that game. Deep down inside (way, way, way deep) I was glad he had finally won a super bowl. Had we lost on Sunday, it would have been heartbreaking but at least it would have been to a team and a fan base I can respect.

I just can't imagine losing to the Patriots or the Jets. The thought makes me want to puke.
You know it's funny regarding the Patriots but your SB against them was the first SB I can really remember watching. I was 8 in Super Bowl XXX and at the time not much of a football fan so my first Super Bowl memory is of eating at Romano's Macaroni Grill with my family watching the Packers and Favre beat the Patriots. This was before the Patriots became the Pats we hate now of course. I mean I'm upset at the loss but you guys earned it for sure and I knew the Pack had the right idea going with Rodgers over Favre going forward. I really like watching the guy. Don't get too many Packers games here so I don't see him often but I like his game.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #13
PackerBacker
Water Boy

Member Number: 18236

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
either Vikings (my dad's team), or Packers.
The Vikings...? Dear lord....

Nobody should worry about losing to the Vikings, they don't even play outdoors for God's sake!
PackerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

Packers as Super Bowl champions is easier to handle than the Dallas Brokebacks reaching .500
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #15
JEFF4i
Banned

Quote:

Nobody should worry about losing to the Vikings, they don't even play outdoors for God's sake!
Hey I agree, I said rip the roof off of the Metrodome.

Still, he's been a fan since the days of Tarketon, so I gotta give him his due.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #16
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:

I've wondered about that. Two of the teams in your division including you guys play outdoors but the VIkes and Lions do not. Every team in our division plays outdoors. Honestly even though it will never happen I'd love for there to be Super Bowl eitehr at Lambeau or Heinz Field someday. It won't happen because of business reasons but it would be football the way it was meant to be played.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #17
PackerBacker
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
Still, he's been a fan since the days of Tarketon, so I gotta give him his due.
And plenty of Bears fans have been supporters since the days of Halas, but that doesn't make it right.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #18
JEFF4i
Banned

Quote:
And plenty of Bears fans have been supporters since the days of Halas, but that doesn't make it right.
Hey I don't ask why, lol. I BLEED Black and Gold, and I always will. I do have a soft spot for Rodgers though.

I'd rather have Ben, but I'm biased. I told my wife before the season started that conceptually Rodgers is the perfect QB. Arm, mobility, toughness, Captain leadership with Sergeant grit.

But I'd rather have Ben. :)
Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #19
PackerBacker
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Two of the teams in your division including you guys play outdoors but the VIkes and Lions do not.
Football should be played outdoors, no exceptions. Packer fans loathe the Metrodome, we just can't respect a team that has to pump in crowd noise and that stupid viking horn all in heated comfort. Plus, we have a few bad memories there. Ford Field would be nice...if it were a baseball stadium.

The NFC North will always be about the Packers and the Bears. Old school teams that play outside in the cold and wind and snow and rain. Like the Steelers

The NFL will never allow a Lambeau SB, there's just not enough infrastructure (few hotels, restaurants, no clubs, small airport). I would imagine Pittsburgh (being much more similar to Milwaukee than Green Bay) could maybe pull it off. Either way, I agree that it would be great to see.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #20
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,144 Times in 860 Posts

I picked the Packers to win the Super Bowl in August over the San Diego Chargers. Unfortunately, I was WRONG about the AFC team!

With that said, I watched the Packers this season and esp the playoffs rooting for them like I would Pittsburgh. I always thought Rodgers was an absolute STUD and love everything about him. He's going to be one great QB and he showed glimpse's of that in Super Bowl XLV. I think Pittsburgh dug themselves in big time, one they couldn't seem to get out of. I honestly think that if the Steelers and Packers would play 10 games, we would win 7 of them but we completley got outplayed by a team that was razor sharp.

If the Steelers were to lose the Super Bowl, and I'm on record for saying this, it would be the Green Bay Packers and no other. The only team I respect in the NFL is the Packers.