Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #21
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: You guys show pure class

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker View Post
Football should be played outdoors, no exceptions. Packer fans loathe the Metrodome, we just can't respect a team that has to pump in crowd noise and that stupid viking horn all in heated comfort. Plus, we have a few bad memories there. Ford Field would be nice...if it were a baseball stadium.

The NFC North will always be about the Packers and the Bears. Old school teams that play outside in the cold and wind and snow and rain. Like the Steelers

The NFL will never allow a Lambeau SB, there's just not enough infrastructure (few hotels, restaurants, no clubs, small airport). I would imagine Pittsburgh (being much more similar to Milwaukee than Green Bay) could maybe pull it off. Either way, I agree that it would be great to see.
Yeah I feel the same way about baseball really too. I hate domed stadiums with a passion. Yep I imagine your rivalry with the Bears is a lot like ours with the Ravens but with more history between the two teams obviously since you guys go wayyyyyyyy back. Yeah it will never happen in Pittsburgh either unfortunately but I would love it for the reasons we've discussed. I love games played in the elements and I know you guys too heck you guys played in the Ice Bowl, the ultimate cold weather game so you know exactly what I am talking about.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

PB- stick around and stay awhile....you have more to offer here than some of the steeler fans do.....always enjoy talking football with a classy fan of a good team.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #23
PackerBacker
Water Boy

Member Number: 18236

GMU,
The only problem with a baseball stadium not having a roof is the league will cancel or postpone a game due to weather causing all sorts of logistical nightmares. If MLB would commit to playing games regardless of weather (which will never happen) than I agree, baseball should be played outdoors and as such stadiums have no need for a roof. However, in the current situation I love Miller Park and its retractable roof since us fans know there'll never be a rain delay or weather postponement.
PackerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #24
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Enjoy it while you have it.

Its nice to be on top. . .but it hurts like hell to come up short. It's a feeling i've become accustomed to being a Steelers fan.

Those 2 Super Bowls in my lifetime are only all the more special now.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #25
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
Hey I agree, I said rip the roof off of the Metrodome.

Still, he's been a fan since the days of Tarketon, so I gotta give him his due.
I think the roof IS ripped off the Metrodome.

Credit where it is due. Rodgers had an incredible game and didn't make any misstakes (his receivers did, though) and totally deserved the MVP. No receiver could have won the MVP because all of them were guilty of dropped passes. Congrats to the Pack!
bornaSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote