Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,052 Posts
Default Draft Approach

assuming we re sign woodley, taylor, hoke, not sure about colon (isnt he buddy buddy with ben so maybe he comeback cheaper, and he was just hurt)

but that a side i know our picks are later

but we obviously need o line, cornerbacks, d line to get some youth

does anyone see us trading out of round 1 in to round 2? maybe get a 1st pick for next year and a 3? hate to say it but a patriot like approach. they have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds... i think we need to have a year like that to get some youth in here..

i wouldnt be against trading out of round 1 and having 2 2nd rounders, and 2 3rds...
then we can pick up a corner, o line, d line, and another cb or insider lb

i think its important to get youth in here before he lose too many guys from old age. how much of a difference is between those cornersbacks from late 1 to mid 2? same with o line?

any opinions?
ebsteelers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
Default Re: Draft Approach

I can't seeing us trading down in the draft. I could see us moving up a bit.

i dont think colon is taking a paycut for anyone. He should give us some love based on being hurt, lol.

I think Colon or Starks, one has to go and be replaced by someone cheaper, like a rd 1 pick, named pouncey, lol
I think the olin ehas a bunch of flexibility now, as I feel Legursky may be that needle we found in the haystack.

However we need big time secondary help and quick. Because when an oppoent says all we will do is pass the ball, and we can;t stop it, there is a problem,lol
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
ebsteelers
Living Legend

i agree with the secondary, yea i think another year under kulger, plus the experience they got with the injuries our o line should be in better shape...

but why trade up? thats getting us any younger if were losing picks
Old 02-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703

I am hoping our first pick will be to help our secondary. I agree our Oline is a bit more flexible now with legursky filling nicely. I honestly think BMac's ab injury was more than he could overcome. He is much better than Gay so we can lose Gay and keep Bmac. But we need a good corner pick. It would be nice if we could get Pouncey, but our secondary is in most need followed by our Dline then our Oline. I just hope we don't do the best talent on the board crap like usual as we truly need to fill some holes this draft.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
ebsteelers
Living Legend

but would anyone on here want mike pouncey if we didnt have maurkice?? thats the way steelers need to look at them as seperate individuals, yea itd be nice to have mike but, id rather have the corner back help... kemo will be back leguarsky or foster at the other guard... is essex back? not saying those guys are stars.. i could do with out kemo

and regards to bmac, he seemed like he did a lot better before he was hurt but at best hes a nickel back, then if u need gay for the dime...

dowling, smith both good corners.. dowling injury issues so id rather smith who is very physical and we need that
Old 02-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Cornerback!!!!!