Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
realdeal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10935
Default Re: Be careful who you blame

The Defense is to blame!! You knew they were going to pass and we couldn't stop them. This is our weakness and will continue to be. If our outside Lb's don't put pressure, our secondary is hung out to dry!! Our weakness was exposed once again!!

Our O line played great!! We need db's in upcoming draft!! There's a reason we got Mcfadden and a reason the Cards let him go!! If he was any good, the Cards wouldn't have left him go!! It's sad that he was a better option at 2 than any other db.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,269 Times in 530 Posts

I just can't believe that they lost Donald Driver, Sam Shields AND Charles Woodson and we STILL found a way to not produce the way we are so use to producing, especially on that last drive. I mean, we let a 3rd string wideout torch us single handily and if it wasn't for like 5 dropped balls it could have been worse. GB almost gave us the game but they decided to hang on instead.

I mean, losing 2 of their top 2 corners and then for us not to scorch them from that point forward was disheartening. But, like airhead said, we don't attack players so, so be it.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,038 Times in 416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I just can't believe that they lost Donald Driver, Sam Shields AND Charles Woodson and we STILL found a way to not produce the way we are so use to producing, especially on that last drive. I mean, we let a 3rd string wideout torch us single handily and if it wasn't for like 5 dropped balls it could have been worse. GB almost gave us the game but they decided to hang on instead.

I mean, losing 2 of their top 2 corners and then for us not to scorch them from that point forward was disheartening. But, like airhead said, we don't attack players so, so be it.
Now I don't know if the last 2 plays were called by Arians. They were in the huddle, but Arians might haven't called those plays so it could be all on Ben and the recievers.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #14
Hirsch
Water Boy

Member Number: 16266

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I blame the Green Bay Packers for playing their best game of their entire season, that's who I blame.
Do you really think that they played their best game of the season? I mean we turned the ball over THREE TIMES and yet we still only lost by six points. I think we played our worst game of the year at the worst time possible. Im not blaming anyone it happens.
Hirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
Do you really think that they played their best game of the season? I mean we turned the ball over THREE TIMES and yet we still only lost by six points. I think we played our worst game of the year at the worst time possible. Im not blaming anyone it happens.
Pretty close to it. I watched Green Bay all year and they were VERY inconsistent all season long, at one point they looked great, at another they looked good and after that they looked like they would not even be a contender even if they MADE the playoffs before they turned it on. The Steelers however played the most consistent of the two Super Bowl teams ALL season, which is why I was so shocked we came out so flat and it was Green Bay who was pin-point. I guess it IS true to say that "You are as good as your last game.."
Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
1978_steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 18245

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
Only those that bandwagon complain about Ben. Looking at the game again, the pick 6 wasn't his fault. The O-Line couldn't stop the guy and he got hit as he threw.
and if anyone thought that one was Ben's fault then they know nothing about football at all. All the guy has done since he has been here is win. I wil take the bad with the good if it means being a Super Bowl contender year in and year out.
1978_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
Bubbabanjo
Banned

Member Number: 15711

What?!?!?!? Who in their right mind compares Ben to O-Dummy? Neil was as stoopid as stoopid gets and a shlub. He was the one man loss in a spit bucket.

Ben is one of the top QBs in the NFL. We were beat up and runnin on fumes in the SB. Just got outplayed. They had a deeper bench than us and our key weapon on Defense was playin on one wheel.

Ben gets comeback of the year top honors for gettin that far with all he had on his shoulders. Awesome year Ben....aint no one tougher at QB in the NFL....brutha you showed some guts this year.

Salute brutha!!!
Bubbabanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978_steeler View Post
and if anyone thought that one was Ben's fault then they know nothing about football at all. All the guy has done since he has been here is win. I wil take the bad with the good if it means being a Super Bowl contender year in and year out.
Ben even pump-faked it, which wasted that extra split second for the defender to jump plus Kemo getting bulldozed. Ben had no pocket and had his arm hit immediately. The play was doomed from the get-go and it started up front. If Ben had time, Wallace would of been gone. That's football. A game of very valuable and delicate inches.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

You know what their sayin..this is pass happy league now.......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #20
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

He also missed a WIDE OPEN Heath Miller on his 2nd pick of the day.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote