Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #21
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Be careful who you blame

i thought the defense was far worse than our QB + offense. People complain about the other 2 turnovers but i didn't see the defense stopping them.
Ben will have a good year next year.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:50 AM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,106 Times in 2,619 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i thought the defense was far worse than our QB + offense. People complain about the other 2 turnovers but i didn't see the defense stopping them.
Ben will have a good year next year.
same here. our defense just needed 1 freakin play and the outcome of the game would have been totally different. 60 minutes, not 1 big play by the defense, and it seemed like we couldn't get a single stop the entire game.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #23
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Our QB (aka BEN) + Offense amounted to nothing less than - 21 points (thats right NEGATIVE 21 points). !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ben himself, was the primary cause of -14 points. How can any team crawl outta that CRATER and win. ?!
And some ppl want put blame on our Defense ?

Sure, it's a "team" loss, but Ben was "O'Donnell" in SB XLV -plain as that.
It happened, and it's over. Ben also is here to stay, if he wants, while O'Donnell was on his way out back then.

Green Bay, including their QB played rock-steady and won SB XLV. -primarily due to "OUR" costly mistakes. But trying to shift blame to our Defense is like saying Ben is perfect -he can do no wrong,..., when in plain fact, He did do wrong in SBXLV.
And Ben will become a much better player for it next season.

I for one, can now finally put the ghost of the '95 Steelers to rest, as far as SBXXX went.

It was still a great season for the Steelers, considering everything the Steelers went through just to get into those SB's, then and now.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #24
Aussie Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Our QB (aka BEN) + Offense amounted to nothing less than - 21 points (thats right NEGATIVE 21 points). !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ben himself, was the primary cause of -14 points. How can any team crawl outta that CRATER and win. ?!
And some ppl want put blame on our Defense ?

Sure, it's a "team" loss, but Ben was "O'Donnell" in SB XLV -plain as that.
It happened, and it's over. Ben also is here to stay, if he wants, while O'Donnell was on his way out back then.

Green Bay, including their QB played rock-steady and won SB XLV. -primarily due to "OUR" costly mistakes. But trying to shift blame to our Defense is like saying Ben is perfect -he can do no wrong,..., when in plain fact, He did do wrong in SBXLV.
And Ben will become a much better player for it next season.

I for one, can now finally put the ghost of the '95 Steelers to rest, as far as SBXXX went.

It was still a great season for the Steelers, considering everything the Steelers went through just to get into those SB's, then and now.
The offense gave 6/7 points to GB. I don't think anyone is saying that Ben did no wrong in SB XLV buddy; I think you're missing the whole point of the article.

The defense could still have very well bailed us out with those turnovers as they were both half way or more in the field. Not saying that the defense should bail us out every time, but they did fail in alot of 3rd and long opportunities. Personally, I think Packers figured (and correctly so) that we'd blitz at every 3rd and long - we got picked up and the defensive scheme gave up a tonne of yardage. Our defense also didn't amount to getting any turnovers which would have been handy. Mind you, Rodgers did throw a few balls which could have been picked if Polamalu didn't play so deep. I'm not completely justifying the offense's three turnovers, but you've gotta realize that not everything is on the QB - point in case of the article.
Aussie Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #25
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
He also missed a WIDE OPEN Heath Miller on his 2nd pick of the day.

Yeah he did, because that was the guy Bush was supposed to be covering. But things are going pretty fast out there in actual speed, you've got guys coming at you from all angles, it's not as if you can go to the booth while the game's being played and ask who your most open man is at the time. In other words, it's not as easy as it looks after the fact. Every qb is going to make a misread here and there, even the great Aaron Rodgers.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #26
Spidey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2758

Bad coaching all round cost us this game more than anything else.

Poor play calling.

Poor defensive gameplan.

Poor leadership from the top.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 AM   #27
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Ben made throws high all day. That's his fault. Ask him, he says he played poorly and he knows it.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #28
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Ben made throws high all day. That's his fault. Ask him, he says he played poorly and he knows it.
Ben did play poorly ... high throws (like the last pass), low throws, off target throws. The receivers didn't help by running poor routes and not adjusting to the ball in the air. Mendy's fumble. ST penalties. Defense didn't make plays and always seemed a split second behind. And when everyone thought Miller would see plenty of action (and the Pack did leave the middle of the field open most of the night), somehow the TE didn't quite make it into the game plan.

Wow, come to think of it, sounds like this was a team loss. I agree with Stainless that the Pack played their best football and the Steelers did not.

As I've stated in other posts, the player bashing is misdirected and unbecoming of Steelers Nation. That's something I would expect from Raven's fans. Now it's time to think about what the FO and coaches will do to prepare for next year and get excited knowing our team will whip ass in 2011!
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #29
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
We also saw Wallace struggling in the two-minute offense late in the game, not knowing what the play was.

These are the kind of things that happen with young receivers - even talented ones

Randle El admitted he lined up on the wrong side during one of the last plays. I haven't gone back and watched this yet, but is this the play where Wallace throws his hands up in the air, obviously confused about what the play was? If so, it seems the writer of this article should be careful about who HE blames.