Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17949
My Mood: Busy
Default One thing I have to say

I want to apologize to any Pittsburgh fans about a few Packer fans on certain boards that have rubbed it in your faces. Our fanbase isnt like that and we usually win with class except against the Bears and Vikings of course. Our fans with class would never rub it in your faces cause you guys are like brothers to us and we consider you the Packers of the AFC. Sure alot of teams both hate the two of us but they are just jealous of our success. I enjoy talking with you guys and hopefully there are no hard feelings. Most of our fans have nothing but love for Pittsburgh and their fans. I hope you guys dont mind if I stick around and talk some football with your fans in the offseason?
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts
Default Re: One thing I have to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
I want to apologize to any Pittsburgh fans about a few Packer fans on certain boards that have rubbed it in your faces. Our fanbase isnt like that and we usually win with class except against the Bears and Vikings of course. Our fans with class would never rub it in your faces cause you guys are like brothers to us and we consider you the Packers of the AFC. Sure alot of teams both hate the two of us but they are just jealous of our success. I enjoy talking with you guys and hopefully there are no hard feelings. Most of our fans have nothing but love for Pittsburgh and their fans. I hope you guys dont mind if I stick around and talk some football with your fans in the offseason?
You know how we feel about the Packers and their fans, we won't listen to those dopes who lack class to offer a good game. People show their true colors and all fan-base's feel the need to gloat and not show sportsmanship until it comes back to bite them in the ass when they go on and cry for a handshake.

With that said, just get a Black and Gold jersey already! We'll except you with open arms, haha.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,655 Times in 2,404 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i didnt see any disrespect here so no need to apologize. i don't visit other teams' boards so i could care less what they're saying.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
You know how we feel about the Packers and their fans, we won't listen to those dopes who lack class to offer a good game. People show their true colors and all fan-base's feel the need to gloat and not show sportsmanship until it comes back to bite them in the ass when they go on and cry for a handshake.

With that said, just get a Black and Gold jersey already! We'll except you with open arms, haha.
I have been a Packer fan for 25 years. I like the Steelers but nothing compares to my love for the Packers.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
Dude you don't need to apologize. If we would have won, we would have had several fans doing the same thing, you just have those kind of morons in every fan base. It doesn't hurt our feelings and we don't hold you accountable for it, so don't worry about it.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

Quote:
I have been a Packer fan for 25 years. I like the Steelers but nothing compares to my love for the Packers.
I didn't say anything about turning your back on your beloved Pack, but the more you stay here, the more you'll Bleed Black and Gold so be careful.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I didn't say anything about turning your back on your beloved Pack, but the more you stay here, the more you'll Bleed Black and Gold so be careful.
Like I said you guys are like brothers to us though.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
Dude you don't need to apologize. If we would have won, we would have had several fans doing the same thing, you just have those kind of morons in every fan base. It doesn't hurt our feelings and we don't hold you accountable for it, so don't worry about it.
It's all good man. Just making sure everything is ok.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,226 Times in 2,678 Posts

i can speak for the entire board's moderation, both old and new that we always hope for and welcome intelligent friendly fans of opponents teams fanbases.

if steelersfever had a mission statement that would be part of it. this board is almost 7 years old and ive been a member almost that long and can honestly say some of our finest members have been opponents of other teams, and have been accepted as our own.

ultimately we are all on the "same team" and thats die hard fans of the NFL. if there is a lock out we are all gonna be in the same boat, whether we root for the defending champs, runner ups, or the shitty assed browns.

i look forward to you being an active member.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

My uncle always use to tell me that 'how people handle both winning, AND losing, tells you everything you need to know about them as individuals'.

Good winners do NOT gloat (except against hated division rivals), and good losers congratulate the other team/player, instead of making excuses, hating, or disappearing altogether.

Believe me, this loss HURT BAD. As drunk as I was Sunday night, I still had problems getting to sleep that night. But I made sure to return to the threads I had started with Green Bay fans on every message board I frequent to offer my congratulations before going to find a hole to crawl into.

This loss hurt me really bad this time around (moreso than our loss to Dallas in the 1990's), becasue I wanted to see Goodell HAVE TO hand the Lombardi to Big Ben, and shake James Harrison's hand....I wanted to see him have a nervous breakdown on national TV after all the crap he put our team through this season with his bogus new midseason rules changes and gutless politicking/lawyering.