Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #51
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post

The whole Ravens team underperformed in the 2nd half in the Pittsburgh playoff game. I believe this was largly due to an unfavorable schedule and fatigue. The Ravens had to play KC in a playoff game then go to Pittsburgh on 6 days rest to play the Steelers who had 13 days off after beating a weak Cleveland team the final day of the season.
I agree - losing the bye and home field was devastating - Ravens could not count on the Steelers losing in Cleveland any more than the Steelers could count on the Ravens losing in Cleveland the previous week

And that would not have been a problem if Flacco would have exhibited minimal pocket presence and the ability to take care of the ball by not being stripped by Polamalu in yet another December home loss - Ravens D played well enough to win the Deccember 2010 game that was lost based upon a rookie mistake by a third year QB who then capped off his night by one hopping a short pass to a wide open receiver on a 4th and 2 play to seal the loss - no wonder Preston is exasperated
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #52
imwithrooney
Water Boy

Member Number: 18262

I dunno, I gotta give Baltimore respect. We only beat them by 7 and we split the season series.

People can talk trash all they want, but the majority of those games literally could go either way. However, Pitt has still been far and away the better overall team over the past decade, as well as in history.

As long as Joe Flacco has three wide receivers that can't burn you deep, he won't make much progress. The Ravens need a burner like Mike Wallace to make a serious run at it, while the Steelers are a decent offensive line away from winning it all.
imwithrooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #53
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Ravens Fans never shut up. They are loud mouth jerks that fail to recognize that they have NEVER beaten us in a truly meaningful game, meaning in the playoffs or with a playoff birth on the line. Never.

Browns fans have been timid for a while. can't blame them at all for that.

Bengals fans know they have a horrible owner and know better than to talk smack.

Pats fans are pretty talkative, at least, til the 18-1 season, they've mellowed.

Jets fans have always been a-holes with big mouths, and now, with Rex, they are twice as bad. I'd like them to shut up.

Colts fans are ok for the most part.

Raiders fans are awesome to get into it with, we are old school rivals so that's fun smack talk.

Cowboys fans are obnoxious a-holes that have learned to shut up because they have sucked for 15 years now. But they still try to talk.

Eagles fans are pathetic cause they know they will never win it all, deep down, they know.

that's all I can think of...oh, Packers fans hide until their team wins, I've learned that from the new massive amount of jerseys I see around town. Funny how many new Packers fans I see.

Steelers fans NEVER HIDE. We wear our Colors into your stadiums, down your block, into your freaking house while we drink your milk shake.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #54
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

today, 15 February

Quote:
The whole Ravens team underperformed in the 2nd half in the Pittsburgh playoff game. I believe this was largly due to an unfavorable schedule and fatigue. The Ravens had to play KC in a playoff game then go to Pittsburgh on 6 days rest to play the Steelers who had 13 days off after beating a weak Cleveland team the final day of the season.
10 January

Quote:
As for the Ravens being tired I could see that more if the KC game was close , or a physical war.
It was neither.
Quote:
I'm not buying that the Ravens will lose because they are more tired.
9 January

Quote:
now that the Ravens have done what they did to the Chiefs I'm glad the Ravens played this week. This type of win can carry into next week and beyond,
Quote:
I'm saying right now the bye looks like a disadvantage to the Steelers. The Ravens are now coming into Pittsburgh off a blowout win of KC
so... which is it?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #55
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

bobbyjr = EXPOSED as full of shit.

4xsbchamps, now that you own bobby jr, keep him on a collar and leash and be sure to clean his mess.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #56
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
today, 15 February

10 January

9 January

so... which is it?

Thank you for taking the time to point this out. I knew all of this contradictory BS was out there, I just didn't take the time to go back and quote it. Boob Jr's arguements never hold water. He flip flops all over the place to make his arguement sould better in his own mind. I don't think he even believe's his own BS. He is now grasping at straw's as his mighty Ravens failed to beat the Steelers yet again. Even when everybody called for them to win the division and advance to the SB in the preseason, they yet again disappointed.
Make no mistake however. He will be here next September telling everyone why the Ravens are poised for a SB run, that they are the team to beat, Harbaugh is a genius and the classiest coach in the NFL, Joe Flacco is on his way to the HOF, and the Steelers are just lucky when it comes to owning the Ravens.
Lastly, I'd like to congratulate the Ravens on their 2011 season. They were indeed the NFL's "paper champions" to quote Lee Flowers.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #57
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Thank you for taking the time to point this out. I knew all of this contradictory BS was out there, I just didn't take the time to go back and quote it. Boob Jr's arguements never hold water. He flip flops all over the place to make his arguement sould better in his own mind.
That is what trolls do.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #58
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Boob Jr's arguements never hold water. He flip flops all over the place to make his arguement sould better in his own mind. I don't think he even believe's his own BS. He is now grasping at straw's as his mighty Ravens failed to beat the Steelers yet again.
"... one-more comment like THAT, fella...

... and I'll send Ray Lewis a set of ginsu cooking-knives with your address..."
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #59
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

There is no contradiction in my arguments. One set of quotes was before the Pittsburgh Baltimore playoff game, one set is after.

Of course I revised my opinon based on what actually happened on the field, as everyone else does.

Actually my set of predictions which I input before the Ravens Steeler playoff game proved to be largly correct. I predicted the Ravens momentum would carry forward to the Steelers game and it apparently did. I predicted the Steelers would play flat and cold from being off almost two weeks, and they did for the first half. The Ravens had a healthy lead at halftime.

I now believe that my pre-game predictions underestimated the fatigue factor which in hindsight was more than I predicted, and led to the Ravens 2nd half collapse.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #60
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,053 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

welcome back bobby lol. most hate you but hey, i like ya. the boards definitely got more active lately :P
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote