Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17949
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Emmanuel Sanders = the new go-to guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
broken foot, he's expected to have surgery in the offseason and be healthy before training camp.

i'm expecting great things from this kid in the future, he's a lot like hines ward with speed.
Sorry to hear that. I hope his foot heals for next season and he comes back strong.
GBpack2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #12
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,119 Times in 536 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

After we drafted him and I watched his highlight tape, it struck me that he was like a fusion of Santonio and Hines - he had Hines's physicality, blocking, and determination after the catch, yet also had the speed and agility of Santonio.

I think he's gonna explode next season, in fact I think he'll be our leading receiver in everything except YPC (Wallace will still have that title).
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
After we drafted him and I watched his highlight tape, it struck me that he was like a fusion of Santonio and Hines - he had Hines's physicality, blocking, and determination after the catch, yet also had the speed and agility of Santonio.

I think he's gonna explode next season, in fact I think he'll be our leading receiver in everything except YPC (Wallace will still have that title).
I feel the same way. Sanders brings a lot to the table. He's a better route runner than Wallace, but I'm sure Tomlin has something up his sleeve. Oh say the one trick pony vs Sanders for number 1 receiver. This would certainly bring the best out of both of them.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,318 Times in 3,489 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
Sorry to hear that. I hope his foot heals for next season and he comes back strong.
even if the next super bowl is a rematch and he ends up being the MVP? hey it might happen.

in all seriousness though losing him during the game hurt, he looked like he was on his way to having himself a good game before getting injured. sucks, i always look forward to watching sanders play, he's already one of my favorite steelers.

it is fortunate that the injury wasn't anything serious and he'll make a full recovery though.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #15
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
even if the next super bowl is a rematch and he ends up being the MVP? hey it might happen.

in all seriousness though losing him during the game hurt, he looked like he was on his way to having himself a good game before getting injured. sucks, i always look forward to watching sanders play, he's already one of my favorite steelers.

it is fortunate that the injury wasn't anything serious and he'll make a full recovery though.
Well I dont want him to be MVP against us. He seems like a good player, never want to see that happen. Woodson and Driver both got injured so it looked like that turf was made of concrete. Dallas should never host a super bowl again with ice falling from the stadium roof injuring people then they denied 400 people their tickets and the National anthem is messed up. What do you expect though when you have anyone associated with the Cowboys running things.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #16
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Well I dont want him to be MVP against us. He seems like a good player, never want to see that happen. Woodson and Driver both got injured so it looked like that turf was made of concrete. Dallas should never host a super bowl again with ice falling from the stadium roof injuring people then they denied 400 people their tickets and the National anthem is messed up. What do you expect though when you have anyone associated with the Cowboys running things.
We got what was expected from a Jerry Jones production. Lots of glamor with nothing under the hood. That whole package Jerry put together sucked. Seeing so many guys go down due to the turf brings me back to the statement: real teams play on real grass! I wish Heinz field would adopt the lighting system they have at Lambeau. Have any of our GB friends heard post season analysis on these lights?
http://www.snfallaccess.com/2010/11/lambeau-light/
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #17
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

I hope it doesnt become one of those lingering injuries.He's worked so hard to make the team.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #18
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17899

jerry probably wanted to make the turf as hard as possible. makes sense, he hates both the packers and steelers, seeing players from both teams go down probably made him smile.
El Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
I dont know why some teams like the plastic turf crap....I can imagine that really hurts when being slammed to the ground. There isnt much between u and the concrete. when i was a kicker/receiver for local team i'd go to a local indoor arena here to practice field goals and that was turf.....I hated it so much, there is no adjusting to it. You either hit it dead on or you end up shankin your ankle, which is what i did on several occassions......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #20
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I dont know why some teams like the plastic turf crap....I can imagine that really hurts when being slammed to the ground. There isnt much between u and the concrete. when i was a kicker/receiver for local team i'd go to a local indoor arena here to practice field goals and that was turf.....I hated it so much, there is no adjusting to it. You either hit it dead on or you end up shankin your ankle, which is what i did on several occassions......
That must hurt like a B -tch too when you kick field goals or extra points on that turf. You ever have to miss any time from an ankle injury on that stuff?