Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #21
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17949
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Emmanuel Sanders = the new go-to guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
jerry probably wanted to make the turf as hard as possible. makes sense, he hates both the packers and steelers, seeing players from both teams go down probably made him smile.
We hate the Cowcraps too! Seeing them fall apart brought a smile to my face especially when we whooped them on SNF in Lambeau this season 45-7.
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #22
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
We got what was expected from a Jerry Jones production. Lots of glamor with nothing under the hood. That whole package Jerry put together sucked. Seeing so many guys go down due to the turf brings me back to the statement: real teams play on real grass! I wish Heinz field would adopt the lighting system they have at Lambeau. Have any of our GB friends heard post season analysis on these lights?
http://www.snfallaccess.com/2010/11/lambeau-light/
No but I just read about it. Heinz should do it though. You guys seem to have a nice stadium and atmosphere there in Pittsburgh. Also real teams play outside in the elements not in the indoor domes. Although the Packers play alot better especially Rodgers in domes.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #23
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,053 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
That must hurt like a B -tch too when you kick field goals or extra points on that turf. You ever have to miss any time from an ankle injury on that stuff?
2 things, the grip on artificial turf doesn't 'give' at all on hard cuts which is why you see all kind of ankle injuries. if you make a similar kind of cut or dig on a grass turf, you'll just fly up a chunk of grass and mud but your ankle is fine. of course you might slip but i'd take that over a season ending injury any day of the week.

also landing on that kinda turf freakin HURTS. it's like landing on concrete almost. I played a few games at aloha stadium in HS which uses the astro turf and one thing that always stuck out to me was hitting the ground on that turf really felt much different than landing on grass. Let's just say there's no wonder why *most* NFL players prefer to play on grass.

outlawing artificial turf would probably be beneficial to the longevity of NFL careers, imo. but it'll never happen.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #24
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
2 things, the grip on artificial turf doesn't 'give' at all on hard cuts which is why you see all kind of ankle injuries. if you make a similar kind of cut or dig on a grass turf, you'll just fly up a chunk of grass and mud but your ankle is fine. of course you might slip but i'd take that over a season ending injury any day of the week.

also landing on that kinda turf freakin HURTS. it's like landing on concrete almost. I played a few games at aloha stadium in HS which uses the astro turf and one thing that always stuck out to me was hitting the ground on that turf really felt much different than landing on grass. Let's just say there's no wonder why *most* NFL players prefer to play on grass.

outlawing artificial turf would probably be beneficial to the longevity of NFL careers, imo. but it'll never happen.
I agree. Look at how many players went down during the super bowl. We had 3 guys go down and you had one guy go down and even Ben almost hurt his knee on that pass. Im just happy it happened during the super bowl and not mid season otherwise we would be screwed with Woodson and Driver being hurt. I agree they should not play on that turf. Look how many injuries happen every year in Dallas like this year Romo broke his collarbone on that turf and it seems like those injuries happen every year in Minny, Dallas, Indy, New Orleans and St. Louis from their turf.