Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 05-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504
Default NFL rivals

A little while ago there was a thread started talkin about who are the Steelers rival in the AFCN. The breakdown went somethin like this from what I gathered.

Browns: Old school rival; we've always played them and we hate each other and always play hard against each other. No matter what the browns will be our rivals.

Ravens: Old browns. Hate on all levels. The players hate each other the fans hate each other. The team is filled with thugs and felons. Lots of hatred but not a main rival because they are no longer the browns and they suck right now.

Bengals: Rookie rivals. Only got good this year but will probably be our main competitor for a few years. Fans don't like each other because bengals fans think we are ****y and we think the the bengals fans are primarily bandwagoners and too ****y for only bein good for one year.

So now that that is over I have another question to ask and get comments on. In the entire NFL, what teams are the biggest rivals. Who hates each other and who have just been rivals with each other for years like the Steelers and browns. Are there ones that cross divisions or inside other divisions? What teams maybe just play increasingly hard against each other. Are there any rivalries that are just startin up like the Steelers and bengals anywhere else in the league. Let me know what you think and what you know. Peace.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901
Default Re: NFL rivals

Steelers / Cowboys
Cowboys / 49ers
Cowboys / Redskins
Raiders / Chiefs
Eagles / Any other team that beats them in the NFC Championship Games
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Steelers vs Cowboys?? We don't really play them often enough that I'd consider them a rivla, but.... I do love to see them lose to anyone!

Our biggest rival right now would have to be Cincy or Cleveland.... or Baltimore... Hell... how about anyone in the AFCN. ;)
Old 05-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

The Steelers and the Bengals are NOT a biggest rival as I stated in my last post on this topic, the Bengals are not even on the radar screen. I think there is a miscommunication between what a real rivalry is and it is time, plain and simple.

http://www.afc-north.com/rivalry/clepit.html
It is the oldest rivalry in the AFC North and one of the nastiest in the NFL. The Steelers and the Browns played for the first time on a Saturday night in October of 1950, a 30-17 win for the Browns in Pittsburgh. Since then, they have played each other over 100 times, more than any other AFC matchup.

There is a difference between a team who we want to beat and a real rivalry.

NFL matchups
(most games played)
Packers vs. Bears 169
Lions vs. Packers 152
Lions vs. Bears 150
Redskins vs. Giants 146
Eagles vs. Giants 142
Eagles vs. Redskins 140
Giants vs. Cardinals 119
Redskins vs. Cardinals 116
49ers vs. Rams 111
Eagles vs. Cardinals 110
Browns vs. Steelers 106
Raiders vs. Chiefs 91
Cowboys vs. Eagles 91
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Chiefs and Broncos
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Ok, for all of you that keep goin back to the AFCN. I didn't want it to go back to that I was askin bout other teams in the NFL.

Lyn, I referred to the bengals as kind of "the new kid on block originally." They aren't our true rivals but will be the team in our division that will give us the most competition for now. Sorry to give the wrong impression. I still believe that our main rival is the browns.

Thanks for the info. I originally started wonderin this since my roommate here at school is a patriots fan. He worships that team and seems to think they can do no wrong. He's a great guy though. I asked him if the patriots had a rivalry and he didn't really have a definite answer. So I decided to put the question out to see what all of ya thought who was a rival against who. Peace.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:51 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Has to be Cowboys v Redskins - the battle of two evil empires.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:33 AM   #8
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Titans vs Texans, Raiders vs Chiefs, Cowboys vs Eagles, Browns vs Steelers, Browns vs Bengals ( big in state game ), Browns vs Ravens, Lions vs. Bears, 49ers vs. Rams, Raiders vs. Chiefs and Chiefs vs Broncos
are the biggest rival games we have today
Old 05-10-2006, 01:44 AM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Has to be Cowboys v Redskins - the battle of two evil empires.

NM
if you lived around skin or cowboy fans you'd see it

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:12 AM   #10
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

chiefs/raiders broncos/raiders raiders/pittsburgh raiders/patriots raiders/jets