Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts
Default Ravens Harbaugh wants offense to reflect his "vision"

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...is_vision.html

Quote:
Ravens coach John Harbaugh reiterated that he will have increased influence on the offense this season.

The Ravens offense finished a disappointing 22nd in total yards and 16th in points scored.

“I think I want to be a little more involved in helping Cam [Cameron, offensive coordinator] and the rest of the coaches and the players and have a vision of what the head coach wants to see out of his offense,” Harbaugh said on WBAL on Tuesday night. “When we have some decisions to make and it can go one way or the other, I think that’s where I can be more helpful.”

Harbaugh, though, made it clear that his increased role doesn’t diminish Cameron’s power.

“Cam is the offensive coordinator. This is going to be driven by Cam,” Harbaugh said. “He’s great at what he does. He’s had success throughout his career. I think every year he’s put an offense on the field, it’s been highly, highly successful. I think we dropped off statistically in some ways, but we were still very good on offense in a lot of different ways. I felt we put a very winning offense on the field. Now, are there areas we can get better? Absolutely. That’s why we’re going at it hard right now.”
the post blog comments are absolutely priceless. i would say bruce arians is beloved the way ravenfans seem to hate their head coach. i wonder how they feel with the 3 year extension he was given?

Let's see, our head coach wants to put 'his vision' in the offense.. My take, as a special teams guy, we'll see quick kicks when it's 3rd and long, instead of dump off passes to Rice... Super Bowl, here we come !!!!

16th in scoring and 22nd overall in offense is a "highly, highly successful" offense with the kind of talent this team has? Not scoring at all in the 2nd half of several games is "highly, highly successful"? I like Harbaugh, but I get tired of the obvious BS that he spews at us like we're a bunch of idiots. Cameron didn't come anywhere NEAR getting this offense to play up to it's potential and EVERYONE in the sports world knows it!!!

Why is it that everytime Harbaugh opens his mouth I feel even more strongly that he's in over his head?

Harbaugh is a master at meaningless comments. He might as well have said nothing.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,398 Times in 3,687 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Harbaugh wants offense to reflect his "vision"

Harbaugh really needs to zip it - Darth Belichick has kept his mouth shut in New England since the Jets loss as he plots revenge while Rex Ryan & Harbaugh blather on about their plans for world conquest next season - guess which one of those 3 coaches should most concern the Steelers?

The Ravens offense was so successful last year they fired the o-line and QB coaches after the season ended - some argued they should have aimed higher

Mike Lombardi of NFL Network had a great description of Baltimore's problems when he chatted with Bill Simmons

The Ravens' offense is like a restaurant that has too many things on its menu; instead of concentrating on 8-12 signature dishes, it tries to make every possible dish and ends up doing nothing memorably. I thought that was a brilliant way to put it, and also, it made me hungry. Anyway, in this analogy, Flacco is the beleaguered chef trying to make 30 different dishes at the same time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...2&sportCat=nfl

Steelers fans are nervous about the Steelers defense aging but the Ravens have that issue, guessed wrong on stocking up on aging possession receivers that canot strech the field, and have a QB who has serious issues when playing their arch-nemesis - I know which set of problems I would prefer to address

Hard to remember now, but Ravens were the trendy preseason pick to go to Dallas with their dynamic passing offense - guess again
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
JPPT1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5361
My Mood: Hungover

You need to walk the walk. Not just talk the talk. But actions speak louder than words. As all coaches and players need to learn that.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #4
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,482 Times in 943 Posts

I thought Ravens fans liked Harbaugh. He has had a lot of success over the past 3 years.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,398 Times in 3,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
I thought Ravens fans liked Harbaugh. He has had a lot of success over the past 3 years.
Perception problem among the Ravens fans is that the accomplishments are not building but regressing

AFC championship loss first year

Second round loss in playoffs second year

Second round loss and another loss to hated divison rival after coughing up 21-7 lead in third year

Harbaugh is feeling that pressure based on the coaching departures and teh palyers sniping about being worked too hard in practice the week before teh playoffs loss
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

It's true. Their D is getting old. Ray Lewis won't last forever and Ed Reed is also towards the end of his career as well. I think Nwwsome's mistake is he hasn't by and large surrounded Flacco with weapons. Remember three of the first four years following Ben's selection in the draft, we drafted a weapon for him in the 1st round: Miller, Holmes, and Mendenhall. The Ravens had a chance to draft a receiver in the first round last year and didn't do it. In fact they traded out of the draft for Sergio Kindle whose future is in jeopardy.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote