Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #21
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Willie Parker

We'll find out how much of a load Willie Parker can handle this season.

Personally,I think he wore out towards the late middle to the end of the year.He barley got ant PT in college and in his rookie season with us.This year will be the true test to what he can handle.I think he could very much be a Ladanian Tomlinson type back,small and fast with some power.He showed that he can run with some power early last year,I hope he can do that all year this year.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #22
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

thats exactly my point he did wear out towards the end of the year. Duce is injury prone, we need a more dependable option. We arent a run and shoot offense we arent a pass heavy team. You throw to score you run to win

Last edited by Big D; 05-11-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #23
Hypnotic
Water Boy

Member Number: 2340

I figure we use the running back by committee idea for 2 more years or as long as Duce can still play. Eventually I wouldn't mind us getting a feature back with a reliable third down back like Hayes as the backup.

l The College Endzone l
~Welcome to the Steel City Santonio Holmes~
Hypnotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #24
BigDude66687
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 904

I think some of you are writting off willie to quickly, i think he expierenced the same growing pains as ben did during his rookie season, Willie had never been asked to carry half that many times in his carrer, With a full offseason to get in shape and prepare for the duration of the season i imagine that Willie will break 1600 yrds this season
BigDude66687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #25
Blitzburgh55
Starter

Member Number: 481

Well Duce is the backup so he would play if willie got hurt

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #26
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Well, one thing's for certain..... the guy can run. It worked very, very well last season, and the minute they stacked the box, Ben burned them like a Marinotov ****tail. I only see the threat of the pass being greater with some of the WR talent we have coming in, not to mention the WR-esque threat of the 83 looming large.

The Steelers have a lot to look forward to for the immediate future on the offensive side of the ball. (How weird is that to think about!?)
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #27
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

Yes Yes Yes
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #28
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well i like willie and hope he pans out, last year i talked him up and he let me down (i don't buy into that 1200 yards rushing, he disappeared in big games, and only had one good run in the superbowl which was important but other then that he was garbage) so this time i'm trying something else and talkin down on him hoping he makes me look like a fool. so i hope that works lol
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #29
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1079

As I posted in another room this morning, I believe the steelers will run a slightly different offense this season which I think will open things up for Willie. I believe in an offense where defenses are going to be forced to respect the pass willie can flourish. I am not sold on Willie as a starter, but in that scheme he could be very dangerous if we can ctach 7 guys in the box with the linebackers floating at 4-5 yds instead or 3-4 yds. I love Duce and I think if he could stay healthy and our offense doesn't change like I anticipate, then I would love to see him in there more this season. I think Willie doesn't have nearly the ability that Duce has to break tackles and run up the middle. With that said, my thinking, as stated above is that teams will need to respect our deep threat with cedric, santonio, ward and Miller as passing threats. I think the opposing teams will drop their linebackers a yard and that will give a guy like Willie enough time to make a little more solid of a cut and to get through holes that were once holes only bettis could put his shoulder down and rumble through now being holes that a guy like Willie could run upright through. I am not overtaken by Willie's abilities other than his speed, but I think he is the sensible back to have in there if this occurs.
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #30
gratefuled
Water Boy

Member Number: 2337

Though I agree willie will never carry the full load. the question I have is does he need to? I don't think so. 1200 yds. out of a 2 back sysem is better than one would expect. If Parker develops a bit and Duece stays healthy we have a very potent back field.
gratefuled is offline   Reply With Quote