Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #61
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Willie Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
at this stage of his development he is probably equivalent to a 3rd year starter in college. in about 3 years he could be as effective as tiki barber or a notch below ladainian tomlinson.

kinda like how big ben didnt start playing the qb position until his sr. in highschool.

both are young, unpolished, and with some of the greatest upside in the nfl. i throw i. taylor, w. ried and our new safety smith into that unpolished class. the steelers coaching staff are like jewelers.
I agree Tony, I really like Willie Parker. I think he builds off of last year and really has a better year this year. I'm thinking 1400 yards to along with 7-8 TD's for Willie this year. I think at times last year Willie followed the orginal hole instead of maybe cutting it back for a big gain. I see more of Willie's natural instincts taking over this year.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #62
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

I think Willie will be stronger this year after having started for a season and seeing what it takes. If he's smart,.. he's worked a little harder to be prepared. Will he be an everydown back for the entire season ?,,...doubtful,... but i think he'll put up slightly better numbers and be little more durable. As far as Veron goes,...if it ever comes to the point where he's starting we are in trouble in a major way. Meaning Duce (his health) is THE x factor on the ground for us this year. The funniest part to me though is,...if the Ben, Hines, Heath and Santonio play up to their potential we could be almost "Colts Like" in regards to scoring.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"

Last edited by SteelCzar76; 06-23-2006 at 09:56 PM.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #63
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
at this stage of his development he is probably equivalent to a 3rd year starter in college. in about 3 years he could be as effective as tiki barber or a notch below ladainian tomlinson.

kinda like how big ben didnt start playing the qb position until his sr. in highschool.

both are young, unpolished, and with some of the greatest upside in the nfl. i throw i. taylor, w. ried and our new safety smith into that unpolished class. the steelers coaching staff are like jewelers.
I like what I`m reading and could not agree more! Lets hope that this is all pans out, if so we have the makings of a great offense for along time
Old 06-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #64
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

IMO Willie has to show me a few things befor I can accept him as our starter. I would love to see the mentoring and coaching from last year make him a better player this year. Don't be suprised to see Duce in the same role as JB last year. A healthy Duce will be an awsome combo.