Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659
Default Re: Not many realistic ways to get Pouncey

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I personally don't want to take Pouncey. Guards are not valued as high in the draft. I would prefer to find a RT and move Colon to RG. Willie and his agent will never go for this as there is a lot more money on the table from other teams if he can sell himself as a tackle. I would prefer a starting lineup of LT- Starks, LG- Kemo, C- Pouncey, RG- Colon, RT- Adams. With Legursky, Foster, Scott as backups. Then draft Adams replacement at RT in this years draft. Hopefully he would be ready to play in 2012 as this would be Flozell's last year.

Never happen though. Willie will just not move over to guard. He'd be leaving too much future money on the table.
You bet. We need a solid tackle ... seems we have about 5 linemen who can play guard. Colon won't be back and who knows if Starks will be in fighting shape. Neck surgery did in Marvel Smith (albiet he was older).
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
I personally don't want to take Pouncey. Guards are not valued as high in the draft. I would prefer to find a RT and move Colon to RG. Willie and his agent will never go for this as there is a lot more money on the table from other teams if he can sell himself as a tackle. I would prefer a starting lineup of LT- Starks, LG- Kemo, C- Pouncey, RG- Colon, RT- Adams. With Legursky, Foster, Scott as backups. Then draft Adams replacement at RT in this years draft. Hopefully he would be ready to play in 2012 as this would be Flozell's last year.

Never happen though. Willie will just not move over to guard. He'd be leaving too much future money on the table.
I wouldn't be against taking pouncey, but yeah I'm leaning more toward drafting a few corners, not just 1. we're weak in cb depth, and this draft is deep in cb talent. we need to capitalize on that.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:

I'm not big on taking Pouncey either. Hell, even if he's still there, the Steelers might not take him.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #14
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

I definitely would rather draft Pouncey than an unproven rookie corner. I know all great players start somewhere, but our team with a good offensive line, we would be scary good. As an offensive minded person would say: the best defense is a great offense. The Steelers are only about 1 or 2 players away from being a scary good offense.
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #15
xli...
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17864

One sports site, think fox sports, had the Ravens selecting him. Wouldn't that be a kick in the balls.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #16
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

NFL.com's first mock has us actually passing him over, and Green Bay taking him. I don't see us passing him up, but end of the first is more or less where the top guard tends to go. Go back and look at years past. Sometimes the first guard goes in the second or third round. It's not the crazy longshot you make it out to be.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #17
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

If Pouncey fall to us I think we would take him, also a lot of so called experts have Williams of Texas falling to the 2nd. That would leave him and Dowling availble in the 2nd. Maybe a move up. How the Steelers draft will give us an idea of what they think of Crezdon Butler.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #18
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

if Pouncey falls to us which i see as impossible we will take him. as for Dowling, he is a great player but im worried about his injury history. i dont want a player like Sanders in Indy who never plays a full season
Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
If Pouncey fall to us I think we would take him, also a lot of so called experts have Williams of Texas falling to the 2nd. That would leave him and Dowling availble in the 2nd. Maybe a move up. How the Steelers draft will give us an idea of what they think of Crezdon Butler.
even if butler is ready i think we should still draft a corner or 2. we could always use more depth, and if the opposing team goes 5 wide I don't want madison out there
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Pats will trade out of their 17th pick fairly easy. The question is, how much do we value trading up, and if we trade up, is someone better like a CB available as opposed to Pouncey. Would love to have him. But we have a glaring need at CB and we don't sign to m any high profile free agents.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote