Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Early combine thoughts

NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Early combine thoughts

Mike Pouncey isn't identical to his brother in every way. Mike's 40 time was about .05 less than what Maurkice ran last year.

Outside of that, they're pretty darn close.

© None of the Pitt guys have done much to help themselves at the combine.

Not only did Dion Lewis measure in at just 5-7, he also ran a 4.57 40, which is too slow for such a small back.

Lewis can play and 40 times aren't everything, but he's likely to slip into the third day of the draft.

Fullback Henry Hynoski can play as well, but the 5.06 was the slowest time of any RB/FB. Yes, Hynoski isn't going to make his money running with the ball, but he's got to be able to get to the hole.

Wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin and offensive tackle Jason Pinkston also didn't run particularly well.

Baldwin was OK with a 4.50, but he needed to break 4.50 considering how lazy he looked on the field last season. The only way he was going to sneak into the first round was by putting up a 4.45 and killing his personal interviews.

Those are reportedly also not going particularly well.

Pinkston, meanwhile, didn't exactly show off his skills with a 5.47 40 and has looked average in drills.

© Defensive tackle Stephen Paea shattered the combine bench press record with 49, showing that not only can he play, he's ridiculously strong as well.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Early combine thoughts

(Baldwin was OK with a 4.50)

I think 4.50 for his size is pretty decent! But I don't think we should draft him anyways so...
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Early combine thoughts

Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh – It’s going to be hard to keep Baldwin out of the first round after his week in Indy. After this week, he should be sitting comfortably atop the second tier of receivers. His 4.50 40 is a nice time for a player his size and his 42” vertical will help him maintain a comparison or two to Fitzgerald—though Fitzgerald he is not. He did round his cuts a bit as bigger receivers do, but I want to see his 3-cone and shuttle times before I decide that his potential for improvement in this area is limited.
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote