Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,054 Times in 502 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default My New Mock After the Combine

1. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia - I think we may trade back into the second to select him, but if CB's are going really fast I could see us "reaching" for him at 31. He's everything the Steelers look for in a corner, big, surprisingly fast for a corner his size, good ball instincts and coverage skills; any other draft class and I think he would have been a top 2-3 CB prospect. Regardless of what round I see him being our first pick unless one of the top 4 CBs or a particularly highly rated OL is available at 31.

2. Benjamin Ijalana, G/OT, Villanova - The Steelers could obviously use Oline help and our front office and coaching staff expresses more interest in "hybrid" linemen who can play guard or tackle than the straight up LT's or straight up guards. Ijalana is their kind of guy. I could see us maybe trading up for him.

3. Brandon Burton, CB, Utah -The Steelers are obviously interested in this guy; they already have two separate meetings scheduled with him and if he falls to us here I'd be surprised if we pass on him. He's a good CB and I could see us taking CBs with two of our first 3 picks and doing a clean sweep of our CB corps, possibly cutting both Mcfadden and Keenan Lewis

4. Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame - Steelers need a NT and Williams could be a possible replacement later on down the line.

5. Lawrence Guy, DE/DT, Arizona State - Guy is a good 3-4 DE prospect in a deep DL class and could be a valuable asset to the Steelers in the future and help an aging D-Line

6. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh - Hynoski is already a hometown favorite and the Steelers need a FB; Arians doesn't like to use them but we had success running the power I last year and I have a feeling a condition of Arians's new contract will be that he needs to implement the FB more. Hynoski also has good skills in the passing game which could entice Arians even more to use him in his offense.

7. Richard Lapham, OT, Boston College - Steelers could always use more Oline help.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392
Default Re: My New Mock After the Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
1. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia - I think we may trade back into the second to select him, but if CB's are going really fast I could see us "reaching" for him at 31. He's everything the Steelers look for in a corner, big, surprisingly fast for a corner his size, good ball instincts and coverage skills; any other draft class and I think he would have been a top 2-3 CB prospect. Regardless of what round I see him being our first pick unless one of the top 4 CBs or a particularly highly rated OL is available at 31.

2. Benjamin Ijalana, G/OT, Villanova - The Steelers could obviously use Oline help and our front office and coaching staff expresses more interest in "hybrid" linemen who can play guard or tackle than the straight up LT's or straight up guards. Ijalana is their kind of guy. I could see us maybe trading up for him.

3. Brandon Burton, CB, Utah -The Steelers are obviously interested in this guy; they already have two separate meetings scheduled with him and if he falls to us here I'd be surprised if we pass on him. He's a good CB and I could see us taking CBs with two of our first 3 picks and doing a clean sweep of our CB corps, possibly cutting both Mcfadden and Keenan Lewis

4. Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame - Steelers need a NT and Williams could be a possible replacement later on down the line.

5. Lawrence Guy, DE/DT, Arizona State - Guy is a good 3-4 DE prospect in a deep DL class and could be a valuable asset to the Steelers in the future and help an aging D-Line

6. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh - Hynoski is already a hometown favorite and the Steelers need a FB; Arians doesn't like to use them but we had success running the power I last year and I have a feeling a condition of Arians's new contract will be that he needs to implement the FB more. Hynoski also has good skills in the passing game which could entice Arians even more to use him in his offense.

7. Richard Lapham, OT, Boston College - Steelers could always use more Oline help.
Looks pretty good. The only player I'm hesitant about is Burton. Saw him play in person wasn't to impressed.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Ive been pimping out RasI Dowling all year...i like what your thinking with him n possibly trading down....im going to post my mock in these next few days....let me know whey u think...
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

– Dowling was thought to be a potential first-round pick in 2009, but a series of injuries have derailed him since. It was the same at the combine, where he was in the process of running a 4.44 40-yard dash when he pulled up with a hamstring injury, leaving him out for the rest of the drills. Dowling has a lot of talent, but if he can't clear medicals and prove to be healthy, his draft stock will fall precipitously.

this is a paragraph i copied and pasted