Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default Post Combine Mock

1. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
5'10 / 191 lbs
Watching the draft, I paid particular attention to the CB. Harris was great during the drills. I remember Deion Sanders picking him out as the top CB during the drills. The only thing that knocks Harris for the Steelers is his size and lack of zone coverage experience. He needs to learn zone coverage to play in Pittsburgh. If the Steelers believe that he can adjust to that, he will be the pick.

2. Marcus Cannon, OG, TCU
6'6 / 358 lbs
This is the guy I've had here. No reason to change it, since he did not fail at the combine.

3. Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss
6'2 / 335 lbs
The Steelers need a suitable replacement for Casey Hampton. Powe has the size to hold up the point of attack and anchor the line. He will not be required to play immediately in Pittsburgh and can have time to develop into a great NT.

4. Bruce Miller, OLB, Central Florida
6'1 / 254 lbs
Bruce Miller was dominant at the collegiate level. In 2010 he had 13.5 tackles for a loss and 8.5 sacks as well as 2 interceptions for touchdowns and 2 more passes broken up. 2009 he racked up 18 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks. The reason he goes this low, is because teams don't think he is athletic enough for the NFL. Tomlin said he likes guys with tape and pedigree... here you go.

5. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
6'5 / 325 lbs
I've seen Barksdale's name slip lower and lower and I don't know why. It gives him more value, but I believe he can play. He is one of the most technically sound lineman in the draft and he has good size. His knock is athleticism, but I believe that he will be able to come in and be a right tackle and eventually transition to left tackle with NFL conditioning.

6. Josh Thomas, CB, Buffalo
5'10 / 191 lbs.
Thomas is a late round prospect. He was mainly a cover corner at Buffalo, but he was good at it. He had 29 passes defensed in only 24 games. His last season he came in run support for 5.5 tackles for a loss and 2 quarterback sacks.

7. Alex Henery, K, Nebraska
6'2 / 177 lbs
Just need a solid kicker that can be relied on.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Post Combine Mock

that would be a dream draft but there is no way Cannon drops to the end of the 2nd or Powe drops to the end of the 3rd. Cannon will be an early 2nd rounder since he is the 2nd rated guard after Pouncey. there is a good chance Powe will be a 2nd rounder as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586

Alright... How about this.

2. Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss
6'2 335 lbs
Pete thinks he should be higher This is also because there are few true NT available in the draft.

3. William Rackley, OG, Lehigh
6'3 / 309 lbs
A small school guard that has lots of upside. Would need to get used to a lot higher level of competition, but has a good skill set.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

the reason you stated is why he will go higher then the end of the 3ed were he deserves to go. alot of teams run a 3-4 now and there just isnt alot of true NT's coming out.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

I like the picks a lot, but...the Steelers really need to address that offensive Tackle position high in the draft. Colon is gone, and Flozell would be in his last year. They really are thin as well in terms of talent at the cornerback position.

I personally would like a draft like 07 where the steelers took two linebackers back to back but this time do it with the cornerback position. In any scenario two corners and one OT in the first three rounds I will be happy.

Grab a Blocking Tight End in there somewhere, and some D lineman late to develop on the practice squad at it should be a great draft.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post

I personally would like a draft like 07 where the steelers took two linebackers back to back but this time do it with the cornerback position. In any scenario two corners and one OT in the first three rounds I will be happy.

Grab a Blocking Tight End in there somewhere, and some D lineman late to develop on the practice squad at it should be a great draft.
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote