Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #11
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: A dozen other QBs I would rather have than Ben Roethlisberger.

and you'll be the 1st person calling Ben the best QB in the NFL if he wins the super bowl next season
Old 03-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #12
Aussie Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17896

trollololol
Aussie Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #13
SouthTexasSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 12193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerz4Life View Post
As much as it pains me to say it, Ben Roethlisberger is probably one of the dumbest QBs in the NFL. Let's be real, as much as we all love the Steelers, we have to be real and admit that the Steelers carried Ben to 2 Super Bowl wins, and when the Steelers needed Ben to carry the team to a win, Ben choked. The Steelers won 2 Super Bowl titles in spite of Ben, not because of him. And I really don't care about the negative replies I will get for stating what is true about this. Now on to 12 other current NFL QBs I would rather have than Ben.

1. Tom Brady - Best QB in the game. I hate to say this but it is true. Ben is not even worthy of holding Brady's jock.

2. Peyton Manning - I don't care that he has 1 less ring, he is a superior QB to Ben in every possible way.

3. Aaron Rodgers - In spite of this being Rogers first Super Bowl, and Ben's 3rd, Rodgers did something in 1 Super Bowl that Ben has not done in 3.....carry his team to the win. Rodgers is a superior QB to Ben in every possible way. I would take a drunk Aaron Rodgers as Steelers QB over a sober Big Ben. Aaron Rodgers already has 1 more SBMVP than Ben will ever win.

4. Drew Brees - forget he only has average arm strength. His intelligence is far superior to that of Ben. If Brees was our QB, we have #7 easy.

5. Michael Vick - Vick is a total pile of ****, but when it comes to playing QB, I would take him any day over Ben. Put Vick in a Steeler uniform with this same team and that is an improvement at QB.

6. Tony Romo - He does not have Ben's size or strength, but like every other QB I list, he has a superior intelligence. During their NFL careers, put Romo in a Steeler uniform and Ben in a Cowboys uniform, Ben would be lucky to be a 2nd stringer today, and Romo would have 3 or more rings on his finger.

7. Philip Rivers - Rivers is not a mobile QB, but at the same time he is much faster in reading defenses and making quicker decisions and throws. He doesn't need to take forever to figure out who to throw to.

8. Joe Flacco - I hate the Ravens, but Flacco is a good QB. Give him the same Steeler teams Ben has had, Flacco at least matches if not betters what Ben has done.

9. Matt Cassel - Here is a QB that threw 27 TD passes and only 7 interceptions while playing for the Chiefs who have a good team, but not the talent the Steelers do. Put him in a Steelers uniform and he could do far better than Ben could have ever done.

10. Matt Ryan - Thew 28 TD passes to only 9 interceptions. Another QB who if in a Steeler uniform given the Steelers talent, would have done far better than Ben could have ever done.

11. Mark Sanchez - he is for real. He is really gonna be a good one. He is already better than Ben as far a talent and brains. He is already really good and not even at his peak yet. Ben is what he is, a dumb QB who will never carry the team to a win and need the team to carry him to a win.

12. Sam Bradford - another young QB with loads of talent. Off to a good start. Put him in a Steeler uniform and his number improve by a big margin.

I believe the Steelers will get to the Super Bowl again, but it will not be because of Ben, it will be in spite of him. He has disgraced the Steelers off the field, and he disgraced the Steelers on the field as well against Green Bay. He had his chances to pull of a win but he choked. He showed that when the team needed him most, he just does not have what it takes. One thing you will never see is this...Ben Roethlisberger...Super Bowl MVP. However, Ben does have a chance at having one Super Bowl record when we get back, that is the chance to pass up John Elway as the leader for most career Super Bowl interceptions.
Every single one of those QB's would have been a dead man walking behind our offensive line and wouldn't have half the wins as Ben. Do you actually WATCH Steelers football?? All of those QB's would have been retired by now playing behind our patchwork OL...
SouthTexasSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #14
st33l3rsdudefla
Water Boy

Member Number: 18230

Clearly this guy has no idea what the hell he is tlking about i mean ben isnt the best quaterback in the nfl but he is the BEST fit for the Steelers with our crappy offensive line i couldnt see any other quaterback be willing to take a beating every game like ben does i mean seriously the huy has play with a broken foot and a broken nose and thats just last season
st33l3rsdudefla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #15
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

This warrants wasting 30 minutes of my time today, lol

1. Tom Brady - No, if your saying TODAY if we had the chance to get him? No, I dont think behind our line he could tolerate the beating. He gets pissy now when he gets hit.. 5 years ago, I'll give it to you on Brady, but he wouldn't still be standing here today.

2. Peyton Manning - 1 less ring, less appearences, less wins, not a team player. If I recall after his 4 int loss to who? Oh The Steelers in the playoffs, he blamed his OLINE for the loss. How would that fly here in Pittsburgh?

3. Aaron Rodgers - Depsite 3 turnovers, Steelers had a chance to win. What does that tell you?

4. Drew Brees - Easy, no.

5. Michael Vick - Where was he at when the Steelers were playing in the SuperBowls? Afc champion game this year? Superbowl this year? Enough said..

6. Tony Romo - Gonna type quick. As its a waste of time with Romo... (coughing, more coughing, even more coughiing)

7. Philip Rivers -Has some great WR's, had the best RB in the league, the greatest TE. What did that get him? Next Romo he is a huge choke artist and not so much a team guy.

8. Joe Flacco - Seriously? LOL

9. Matt Cassel - Why am I even responding anymore, lol

10. Matt Ryan - Yea he didnt chioke at all, did he?

11. Mark Sanchez -To top all his talents he is great with 16 year olds. He can handle the pressure of being on a losing football team. What will happen to him when he is on a team that EXPECTS to win every year. See #10, 8, 7 and 6 for more info.

12. Sam Bradford - Bradford whining his OC coach left and now his QB coach. Played one of the easiest schedules I have seen next to pop warner leagues. Way over hyped.

I'm surprised that idiot from Panthers isn't listed. The over hyped rookie from ND that Weiss cost 70mill dollars in enticing him to come out early, lol What the hell is his name, lol He wouldve been right up there with Russel and Leaf

Ok took 9 minutes, excuse any typos, lol
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Douchey Troll is douchey.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #17
Steelerindc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerz4Life View Post
As much as it pains me to say it, Ben Roethlisberger is probably one of the dumbest QBs in the NFL. Let's be real, as much as we all love the Steelers, we have to be real and admit that the Steelers carried Ben to 2 Super Bowl wins, and when the Steelers needed Ben to carry the team to a win, Ben choked. The Steelers won 2 Super Bowl titles in spite of Ben, not because of him. And I really don't care about the negative replies I will get for stating what is true about this. Now on to 12 other current NFL QBs I would rather have than Ben.

1. Tom Brady - Best QB in the game. I hate to say this but it is true. Ben is not even worthy of holding Brady's jock.

2. Peyton Manning - I don't care that he has 1 less ring, he is a superior QB to Ben in every possible way.

3. Aaron Rodgers - In spite of this being Rogers first Super Bowl, and Ben's 3rd, Rodgers did something in 1 Super Bowl that Ben has not done in 3.....carry his team to the win. Rodgers is a superior QB to Ben in every possible way. I would take a drunk Aaron Rodgers as Steelers QB over a sober Big Ben. Aaron Rodgers already has 1 more SBMVP than Ben will ever win.

4. Drew Brees - forget he only has average arm strength. His intelligence is far superior to that of Ben. If Brees was our QB, we have #7 easy.

5. Michael Vick - Vick is a total pile of ****, but when it comes to playing QB, I would take him any day over Ben. Put Vick in a Steeler uniform with this same team and that is an improvement at QB.

6. Tony Romo - He does not have Ben's size or strength, but like every other QB I list, he has a superior intelligence. During their NFL careers, put Romo in a Steeler uniform and Ben in a Cowboys uniform, Ben would be lucky to be a 2nd stringer today, and Romo would have 3 or more rings on his finger.

7. Philip Rivers - Rivers is not a mobile QB, but at the same time he is much faster in reading defenses and making quicker decisions and throws. He doesn't need to take forever to figure out who to throw to.

8. Joe Flacco - I hate the Ravens, but Flacco is a good QB. Give him the same Steeler teams Ben has had, Flacco at least matches if not betters what Ben has done.

9. Matt Cassel - Here is a QB that threw 27 TD passes and only 7 interceptions while playing for the Chiefs who have a good team, but not the talent the Steelers do. Put him in a Steelers uniform and he could do far better than Ben could have ever done.

10. Matt Ryan - Thew 28 TD passes to only 9 interceptions. Another QB who if in a Steeler uniform given the Steelers talent, would have done far better than Ben could have ever done.

11. Mark Sanchez - he is for real. He is really gonna be a good one. He is already better than Ben as far a talent and brains. He is already really good and not even at his peak yet. Ben is what he is, a dumb QB who will never carry the team to a win and need the team to carry him to a win.

12. Same Bradfor - another young QB with loads of talent. Off to a good start. Put him in a Steeler uniform and his number improve by a big margin.

I believe the Steelers will get to the Super Bowl again, but it will not be because of Ben, it will be in spite of him. He has disgraced the Steelers off the field, and he disgraced the Steelers on the field as well against Green Bay. He had his chances to pull of a win but he choked. He showed that when the team needed him most, he just does not have what it takes. One thing you will never see is this...Ben Roethlisberger...Super Bowl MVP. However, Ben does have a chance at having one Super Bowl record when we get back, that is the chance to pass up John Elway as the leader for most career Super Bowl interceptions.
Ok, so I'm not going to call you stupid or dumb b/c to be honest it would be to easy, but I have to say that you're not looking at all the intangibles.

Although I would admit that 1-4 are better prototypical QB's, I wouldn't want any of them over Big Ben. 1-4 operate behind good to great o-lines, none of them would survive behind what the Steelers has as an o-line.

You can also argue that even though Ben didn't have a great Super Bowl in '05, the Steelers might not have gotten there without him (remember the tackle in the Colts game), I doubt Brady, Brees or Manning makes that play....maybe Rogers.

In '08 I should have been the MVP, after a holding penalty that spotted the ball at the 10ydline and making it 1&20 he drove his team down the field and threw the winning TD. Arron didn't do that.

After #5 I think you're just out to lunch. I would never want Romo on my team he's a scared football player, he never stands in the pocket and deliver he's always throwing the ball off his back foot to avoid a hit. He will never be a SB QB.

Phillip Rivers is good, but I'm happy with Ben. That's like seeing a beautiful woman and saying "damn she's fine." and then you look on your arm and your woman looks just as good. Why bother dreaming?

I like Matty Ice, but I like Ben better.

Joe Flacco......you fvcking crazy.

Mark Sanchez, can only throw slants and digs no thank you.

Matt Casel....once again you're fvcking crazy.

Sam Bradford....are you out of your mind?

I think the only thing you succeeded on doing is making yourself seem uninformed and not a true football fan.
Steelerindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #18
steelerzfannforever
Water Boy

Member Number: 9327

You are an idiot!!
steelerzfannforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i would trade ben for Rodgers in a second but other then that i wouldnt trade Ben for anyone.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #20
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

I wouldn't trade Ben for any of those guys. I pick Ben and his two Super Bowl rings any day of the week and twice on sundays.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote