Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #21
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
Default Re: A dozen other QBs I would rather have than Ben Roethlisberger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerz4Life View Post
As much as it pains me to say it, Ben Roethlisberger is probably one of the dumbest QBs in the NFL. Let's be real, as much as we all love the Steelers, we have to be real and admit that the Steelers carried Ben to 2 Super Bowl wins, and when the Steelers needed Ben to carry the team to a win, Ben choked. The Steelers won 2 Super Bowl titles in spite of Ben, not because of him.
I take it you were following the Titans, or Panthers or someone and don't remember the 2005 AFC divisional at Indianapolis - won by Ben twice. Or the AFC Championship game in Denver the same year when Ben went 21 of 29 for 275 yards and a QB rating of 124.9, at there place, as a 3 point underdog. Oh and in that last minute drive against the Cardinals, Santonio Holmes must have been passing to himself.

Yadda-yadda-yadda.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #22
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Another Ben bashing post.......Oh the humanity!!! When will it ever end.
DOWNBYLAWIS that U?

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,775 Times in 2,669 Posts

I thought this might be bobby jr. posting under another name but since Flacco is only ranked #8 among QBs superior to Roethlisberger that obviously is not the case - bobby jr. would have Flacco no lower than #5

Vick? Romo? - hard to respond rationally to anyone engaging in that sort of analysis
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #24
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Guy has no basis. This guys not a Steeler fan. Get OFF OUR FORUM A-Hole loser.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #25
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I actually considered doing an entire playoff game by game breakdown of everyone of the 12 QBs that this guy says are better than Ben at this point in their Carreer, stared to type it all up, With Brady being 0-3 in his last 3 showings and Manning being one of the biggest post game chokers since Kelly, and Rivers just being a great regular season QB that never wins big games, or Romo having 1 playoff win in his history, and actually getting ran out of Dallas soon, or Breese and his one magic season that will never be repeated, where his defense and trick plays won him a super bowl, much like Ben's first, or Rodgers and his one ring where he got his team 24 points and if not for 3 turnovers the Packers aren't even in that fcking game and everyone fcking knows it.

but then...I saw Flacco, Sanchez, Vick, Bradford, Ryan and Cassel on the list. And I realized...

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR FCKING MIND!

but everyone has the right to be a little crazy, I just refuse to recognize your belief in Unicorns and Griffons. Enjoy you're medicine and if things don't work out on that, have fun in the Rubber Room you Lunatic.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #26
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

You lost all credibility after #4. Once you got to Vick, Romo, and Flacco it was over.
I then checked your post history and you signed up 2 days after the Super Bowl and have bashed Ben in just about every post. Did he deserve to be bashed some? Sure. Did he have a lousy SB XL? Yep, but don't forget the run in the playoffs until then. He had great throwing games against the #1,2, and 3 seeds in those playoffs.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #27
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,410 Times in 1,651 Posts

Brett Favre

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,398 Posts

i got a pizza for lunch .... me so hungry

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #29
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Another Ben bashing post.......Oh the humanity!!! When will it ever end.
DOWNBYLAWIS that U?
Or USWSteel.

Whoever it is, they're either very unknowledgable or just a troll.

By the way, qb play in this league is very high right now, perhaps at an all time high. To suggest that there's 4 or 5 qb's currently better than Ben, while debatable isn't ridiculous either. And if you're a glass half empty guy on Ben I suppose you might even be able to make a respectable argument for 4 or 5 other current qb's being on the same plane (as in level) as Ben.

But Matt"freaking" Cassell?!!? Did this guy happen to see the AFC wildcard game this year? To say the Chiefs schedule was soft this last season would be a serious insult to the word soft. The dude can't beat a legitimate team to save his ass.

Joe Flacco?!

Again, does he watch these games? Didn't he notice that open guy in the flat Flacco bounced a pass in front of at the end of the divisional playoff game this year? Or what about the fumble that was responsible for that game being in Pittsburgh to begin with? Think our friend here would be so forgiving if that was Ben making those plays?

Drew Brees? 23 interceptions anyone? Can't beat a 7-9 team in the playoffs?!

Phil Rivers. Strong o-line, league's number 1 defense ( statistically) weakenst divsion in the AFC year after year, and he can't get his team into the playoffs this year? OK, teams have bad years, it's not just about the qb, but in that division he can't get his team a first round bye? Ever!

Tom Brady, hate him, but no doubt a great player. But at the same token, he's lost home playoff games the last two seasons. One and done despite home field advantage twice in a row, and hasn't played particuarly strong in either game. wonder if numb nuts here would be so forgiving if Ben had lost consecutive playoff games.

Peyton Manning, I love Peyton, outside of Dan Marino I don't know that there's ever been a qb I've more enjoyed watching ( non Steeler) But let's face it, he doesn't get it done in the postseason. Obviously it's not all his fault, but at the same token his level of play tends to dip in the post season.

Mike Vick, great season, but it looked as if the league was catching on to him later in the season. And he didn't play any better than Ben did against the Packers in the playoffs, and he was in his home field.

That's all the time I have for now, but honestly if you put the microscope on anyone you can find a wart or two. No one completes all their passes, sees every checkdown, reads every blitz, perfectly. There's two teams out there, defenses have great athletes who are trying just as hard as these qb's to see to it that plays fail.

Bottom line is Ben's game will never be the prettiest in the show, but he's effective, he's a big time winner. And anyone who can't see that Ben is a huge part of this teams success just isn't paying close enough attention, or doesn't understand what they're seeing.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #30
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Steeler chad: He lost credibility at number 4? Think he lost it when he typed the headline.

From another poster who likes matty ice. Where exactly does old matty ice get the name matty ice from? From that nitwit gruden who thinks every qb is great? Cause matty ice had a nuclear meltdown when the pressure was applied.
I dont think any of those QBs listed can manage to stay healthy in our offense. Vick, maybe, only because he can run like guy being chased by the cops.

I'll take Ben any day of the week.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote