Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #71
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392
Default Re: A dozen other QBs I would rather have than Ben Roethlisberger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Brady, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees? Yes. Rivers? Maybe, there's a case to be made there. Anyone else? No.

A lot of Ben's fans overrate him, but nearly all of his critics severely underrate him as well. He may not have the consistency to be in that "elite" tier with Brady and them, but he has all the tools and accolades to be and if anything is the best "not elite" QB there is, and is no worse than top 7 in the league (if not top 5)
Get real will you. The only one of these QB's that has much of a career left is Rodgers. Two of them are in their middle 30's and one was let go because of arm surgery, yes he did win a super bowl but it won't happen again, and the other one hasn't done jack sh=t ! And as was pointed out in other posts they wouldn't last behind our OL!
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #72
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: A dozen other QBs I would rather have than Ben Roethlisberger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
Get real will you. The only one of these QB's that has much of a career left is Rodgers. Two of them are in their middle 30's and one was let go because of arm surgery, yes he did win a super bowl but it won't happen again, and the other one hasn't done jack sh=t ! And as was pointed out in other posts they wouldn't last behind our OL!
I'm not talking down on him, I'm just telling it as it is. Right now Ben is not as good as Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees, and anyone that can't see that is clouded by bias. If we're talking about "starting a franchise" then of course I'm not gonna choose the guys who are near the ends of their careers over Rodgers or Ben, but that's not what I was saying. In the present, right now, without any concerns of later on down the road or in the past, those 4 guys are better than Ben.

The Oline argument is dumb, of course putting a QB in a different system will change things. Not only the Oline but they'd have to adjust to different offenses and different receivers as well. I find that argument silly, I don't think Ben would look anywhere near as good on several other teams myself. The only one of those QB's I think would have as much success here is Rodgers. That's not the point. On their respective teams, the other 4 guys are better passers than Ben. They are more accurate, make better decisions, come through in the clutch, and can signlehandedly take over a game (something Ben can't usually seem to do until the final quarter).

I don't personally think Rivers is better but I only mentioned him because he definitely has a case to be top 5. Listing him above Ben wouldn't be "outrageous" and I can acknowledge that. However, I agree he needs to prove more before he deserves to be placed above Ben.

I love Ben. I think he is great for this team, he is a great passer, and I think he has what it takes to win multiple (more) Super Bowls and make that jump up to the status guys like Brady and Manning have today. But I'm also a realist, and right now it doesn't take much to see that he's simply not on their level yet. Being top 5 isn't a bad thing at all, I don't get why some Steeler fans need to freak out and act like saying he's not the best QB in the league automatically means he's a scrub. Guys like Flacco and Romo can't hold crap to him.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote