Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Which of the Following Steelers Mock Drafts Would You Be Most Pleased With?

As we all know, the draft is anything but predictable. So rather than come up with just one scenario for the Steelers this year, I decided to put together a bunch of different scenarios and let you all vote on which you like best. I tried to avoid using names more than once, so feel free to mix and match to come up with your own draft in the comments. ALL the scenarios will assume the following:

•Ike Taylor is re-signed
•Willie Colon signs his first round tender (or is re-signed long term)

SCENARIO 1:

1. Mike Pouncey G, Florida

2. Deandre McDaniel S, Clemson

3. Kendrick Ellis NT, Hampton

4. Davon House CB, New Mexico St.

5. Derrick Locke RB, Kentucky

6. Zach Hurd OL, Connecticut

7. Kai Forbath K, UCLA

If Pouncey is there when the Steelers pick at No. 31, I can't imagine the they would pass on him. This draft is a little more rounded than the others, but the downside is that we don't get a CB till the 4th round. Still, an elite OL, 3 potential starters on defense (not in 2011, but maybe 2012), a 3rd down back, a versatile OL project and a kicker to compete with Suisham. Not too shabby.

SCENARIO 2:

1. Rahim Moore FS, UCLA

2. Danny Watkins G, Baylor

3. Rashad Carmichael CB, Virginia Tech

4. Sione Fua NT, Stanford

5. Steven Friday OLB, Virginia Tech

6. Mario Fannin RB, Auburn

7. Kai Forbath K, UCLA

Verryyyy defense heavy draft, especially in the secondary. I think if Pouncey and Phil Taylor are gone, Moore would be our next best option in the first. He has just as good a chance to beat out Ryan Clark as a CB would have beating out McFadden, and is a true center-fielding FS that would allow Troy to freelance more. Watkins is a quality G who should be able to start right away too. Fua and the two VT guys give us some quality youth and depth on defense, while Fannin can contribute on 3rd downs.

SCENARIO 3:

1. Phil Taylor NT, Baylor

2. Ras-I Dowling CB, Virginia

3. Orlando Franklin OG, Miami

4. Marcus Gilbert OT, Florida

5. Alex Henery K, Nebraska

6. Curtis Marsh CB, Utah St

7. Lazarius Levingston DE, LSU

Getting Taylor seems unlikely at this point, who has solidified his 1st round status as this year's top NT. Dowling in the second would be a dream come true though. Franklin and Gilbert are both massive linemen who should be able to contribute early. We also get the best Kicker this year. The only problem I see with this draft is that Marsh and Levingston will have a hard time making the roster.

SCENARIO 4:

1. Brandon Harris CB, Miami

2. Jerrell Powe NT, Ole Miss

3. Lee Ziemba OL, Auburn

4. Lawrence Guy DE, Arizona State

5. Alex Henery K, Nebraska

6. Cheta Ozougwu OLB, Rice

7. Dejon Gomes S, Nebraska

Harris is a bit small for a corner, but is a playmaker. He was great in combine workouts and ran a good 40. Powe had a disappointing year, but with a few years to learn behind Casey he should be ok. Between him, Ziemba and Guy we'll add a lot of youth and talent to our trenches. Henery is back at K, and we grab some good late round projects on defense with Ozougwu and Gomes.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Default Re: Which of the Following Steelers Mock Drafts Would You Be Most Pleased With?

i like #3 but since Taylor will be gone before we pick scenario #4 is my favorite. we get a good CB and our future NT as well as a good kicker, lineman and a OLB that can come in and compete
Old 03-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default Re: Which of the Following Steelers Mock Drafts Would You Be Most Pleased With?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i like #3 but since Taylor will be gone before we pick scenario #4 is my favorite. we get a good CB and our future NT as well as a good kicker, lineman and a OLB that can come in and compete
I was thinking the exact same thing!

However in the 4th scenario I was pushing for Mark Legree in the 7th round with my first mock. I don't think he will go there anymore, he put up the second best 40 time (faster than Moore) for a safety and looked good in the drills. Plus he produced at his school with 22 interceptions, even if it was Appalachian State.

Anyways I would be fine with almost any of these scenarios. The one I like the least is 2.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

Definitely number 4, I don't like numbers 1 or 2 at all, both wait too long to take a CB and the safety class this year is not only quite lackluster but I really don't think we need a safety either, Clark and Troy aren't exactly ready to keel over yet and both are good except when our CBs completely get burned, which happens quite often.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

We need a corner, Tackle , and Guard in the first three rounds...period
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #6
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

i love Harris and pray we land him but i think he will be gone. Harris had a great combine and may even get picked before Smith. as for Williams, i dont think he is worth a 1st round pick and is probably better suited at saftey