Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2006, 04:31 AM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Worth the read....

its not my own, I stole it from bengals board, but I thought it was funny, and true



There have a couple of Clown fans on this board expressing how much the Clowns improved.
My response was it didn't matter what they did 'cause they're still in Cleveland. If you take any great team, (Pit, Cin, Colts, Pats ect.) dress them in Clown uni's, and send them to Cleveland they would automatically suk.

I felt the poem I wrote is so good it deserves it's own thread for everyone to read:

No matter who they sign,
No matter who they fire,
No matter who they draft,
No matter who they hire,
The Browns will forever suk,
I give you my solemn word,
'cause no matter how hard you try,
You can't polish a turd!!
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
Milkman
Starter
 
Milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Centerville, Ohio
Posts: 478
Member Number: 1055
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Worth the read....

How true that is indeed.
__________________

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
j-dawg
Team Captain
 
j-dawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 789
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Worth the read....

i read this on the bungals message board... it was the predictions of this years season...

steelers4life posted..
AFC North
Steelers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Bengals 9-7
Browns 5-11

so i wrote back...
the Browns went 6-10 last year... we made some good free agency/draft acquisitions and you think we're not going to improve this year?

note* i'm not saying we're going to win the division, superbowl... i'm saying that we're not going to win one LESS game than last year.

as for the poem... i'll repost my critique...

i find your prose low in development.

is it times like this, when your pouring out your sad little heart in rhyming verse, that you ask yourself if you're a poet?

repetition can be used effectively in writing. not in this nonsense of course. the principal object of attention, in your discourse of attempted artistic composition, has no inner significance or central meaning. it's known that EVERYONE drafted and hired by the browns has NOT sucked.... sure we've had our fair share of bad players... but not every browns team has been terrible. i'll give meanJoe the benefit of the doubt and say he's just pretending he thinks the browns will forever stink.

as for the turd polishing: i guess that didn't work out to well for you, how hard did you try to polish it before you realized that it wouldn't work? did your hands stink as bad as this poem?

__________________
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Worth the read....

How about this?

(From Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky")

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did pixies and fairies in the pound
All mimsy were the Dawgs,
And their mouths ran with sound

"Beware the dawgerwocks, my son!
The jaws so lite, the claws that (don’t) catch!
Beware the drunken bum, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his terrible towel in hand:
Long time the shitstained foe he sought --
So rested he by the Rivers Three,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in toughened thought he stood,
The Dawgerwock, bloodshot drunken eyes in flame,
Came whiffling through the Cleveland hood,
Chiming “I’m a souljah” as it came.

Touchdown’s come! And through and through
The terrible towel did wave!
Steel left clowns dead, the dawgs done fled
An asswhooping was gave.

"And, has thou slain the Dawgerwock?
Let’s celebrate, the men of steel!
O frabjous day! Boo Clowns, Steel Horay!'
The Division title we will seal.

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
No more pixies and fairies in the pound
Not mimsy were the Dawgs,
And from their mouths came no more sound.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Worth the read....

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
i read this on the bungals message board... it was the predictions of this years season...

steelers4life posted..
AFC North
Steelers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Bengals 9-7
Browns 5-11

so i wrote back...
the Browns went 6-10 last year... we made some good free agency/draft acquisitions and you think we're not going to improve this year?

note* i'm not saying we're going to win the division, superbowl... i'm saying that we're not going to win one LESS game than last year.

as for the poem... i'll repost my critique...

i find your prose low in development.

is it times like this, when your pouring out your sad little heart in rhyming verse, that you ask yourself if you're a poet?

repetition can be used effectively in writing. not in this nonsense of course. the principal object of attention, in your discourse of attempted artistic composition, has no inner significance or central meaning. it's known that EVERYONE drafted and hired by the browns has NOT sucked.... sure we've had our fair share of bad players... but not every browns team has been terrible. i'll give meanJoe the benefit of the doubt and say he's just pretending he thinks the browns will forever stink.

as for the turd polishing: i guess that didn't work out to well for you, how hard did you try to polish it before you realized that it wouldn't work? did your hands stink as bad as this poem?

Hmm good comeback.

I think some Steeler fans are quite worried about the Browns this year - not as genuine contenders for the AFCN - but they will be more capable than they have been in recent history in taking a game from Pittsburgh.

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Worth the read....

LOL
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Worth the read....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
How about this?

(From Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky")

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did pixies and fairies in the pound
All mimsy were the Dawgs,
And their mouths ran with sound

"Beware the dawgerwocks, my son!
The jaws so lite, the claws that (don?t) catch!
Beware the drunken bum, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his terrible towel in hand:
Long time the shitstained foe he sought --
So rested he by the Rivers Three,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in toughened thought he stood,
The Dawgerwock, bloodshot drunken eyes in flame,
Came whiffling through the Cleveland hood,
Chiming ?I?m a souljah? as it came.

Touchdown?s come! And through and through
The terrible towel did wave!
Steel left clowns dead, the dawgs done fled
An asswhooping was gave.

"And, has thou slain the Dawgerwock?
Let?s celebrate, the men of steel!
O frabjous day! Boo Clowns, Steel Horay!'
The Division title we will seal.

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
No more pixies and fairies in the pound
Not mimsy were the Dawgs,
And from their mouths came no more sound.
Beautiful Suit.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #8
shimmysteelerfan
Bench Warmer
 
shimmysteelerfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 313
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Worth the read....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hmm good comeback.

I think some Steeler fans are quite worried about the Browns this year - not as genuine contenders for the AFCN - but they will be more capable than they have been in recent history in taking a game from Pittsburgh.

NM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........thats just absurd!!!!! taking a game from pittsburgh........
__________________
shimmysteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #9
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach
 
HburgXL06's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HBG reppin til I die!
Posts: 1,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Worth the read....

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
i read this on the bungals message board... it was the predictions of this years season...

steelers4life posted..
AFC North
Steelers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Bengals 9-7
Browns 5-11

so i wrote back...
the Browns went 6-10 last year... we made some good free agency/draft acquisitions and you think we're not going to improve this year?

note* i'm not saying we're going to win the division, superbowl... i'm saying that we're not going to win one LESS game than last year.

as for the poem... i'll repost my critique...

i find your prose low in development.

is it times like this, when your pouring out your sad little heart in rhyming verse, that you ask yourself if you're a poet?

repetition can be used effectively in writing. not in this nonsense of course. the principal object of attention, in your discourse of attempted artistic composition, has no inner significance or central meaning. it's known that EVERYONE drafted and hired by the browns has NOT sucked.... sure we've had our fair share of bad players... but not every browns team has been terrible. i'll give meanJoe the benefit of the doubt and say he's just pretending he thinks the browns will forever stink.

as for the turd polishing: i guess that didn't work out to well for you, how hard did you try to polish it before you realized that it wouldn't work? did your hands stink as bad as this poem?

Good comeback man. Does it seem the bengals fans spend more time discussin other teams than they do their own? What does that tell you? Anyway, rep points for the good comeback. Peace.

BuFu
__________________


"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts