Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Statement from Art Rooney II

Statement from Art Rooney II
Posted 38 minutes ago
http://www.steelers.com/news/article...d-529ef75f55cd

I am very disappointed that we were not successful in reaching an agreement with the Players Association in the round of mediation that the Players Association walked away from on Friday. The NFL Owners put a very fair offer on the table that we felt provided the framework for completing an agreement.

The NFL is willing to negotiate an agreement that is fair to the players, our teams and our fans. We do not believe the decertification of the Players Association is a legitimate bargaining tactic, and we have asked the National Labor Relations Board to review the conduct of the Players Association.

I can assure our fans that we are committed to negotiating an agreement that will allow us to get back to football as soon as possible. I remain optimistic that eventually cooler heads will prevail and we will be back at the bargaining table in the near future.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,189 Times in 1,778 Posts
Default Re: Statement from Art Rooney II

Quote:
I am very disappointed that we were not successful in reaching an agreement with the Players Association
let me translate....
" i am very disappointed that our scheme to keep ALL of the guaranteed TV money while paying nothing to the people on our payrolls or offering a product to our fans fell through."

Quote:
We do not believe the decertification of the Players Association is a legitimate bargaining tactic
sorry Art , but the little scam the owners were trying to pull was 10x more underhanded.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i have to disagree. From everything i've seen so far, i think the players side has been more unreasonable.

Besides, in the big picture, the owners should get more money..they own the teams. Where you work, doesn't the owners of the company make more than you? Walk in to work tomorrow and start demanding that you start getting "your fair share" of the companies profits and see what happens.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,023 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Walk in to work tomorrow and start demanding that you start getting "your fair share" of the companies profits and see what happens.
they'll fire your ass on the spot
fer522 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Both sides need to get their heads out of their respective asses.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Both sides need to get their heads out of their respective asses.
Ding Ding Ding We have a winner!
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,189 Times in 1,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i have to disagree. From everything i've seen so far, i think the players side has been more unreasonable.

Besides, in the big picture, the owners should get more money..they own the teams. Where you work, doesn't the owners of the company make more than you? Walk in to work tomorrow and start demanding that you start getting "your fair share" of the companies profits and see what happens.
the day my employer starts making millions just because i work there , you can rest assure that i will be demanding a huge raise. how many people do you see paying hundreds of dollars for a jersey with the team owners name on it ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i dont see how the players can complain, they make alot of money. its not like normal people can go complain that they want millions more because there CEO made 20million in bonus money the year before. i think the players should be happy they get what they do
Old 03-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i dont see how the players can complain, they make alot of money. its not like normal people can go complain that they want millions more because there CEO made 20million in bonus money the year before. i think the players should be happy they get what they do
I agree they get paid plenty.....Every place that we suvilians work could never go into work and tell them we know the company makes millions so we want a cut of that. It dont work that way. Its called a business for a reason.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote