Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Steeler Fans are worthless

Let's face it. You aren't paying enough. The Steelers and the Rooneys have given Steeler nation 2 Lombardi trophies and a 2nd place finish last year. How do we show our gratitude? By letting the players go underpaid,by denying the players and their families healthcare, by forcing Rookies to play for less than peanuts, by telling the owners, that no, you can't make tens of billions of dollars a year off your team,

It's all real simple. If we in Steelers Nation agree to pay more, chip in, then we can have an NFL season this fall.

Big Ben has an expensive wedding coming up.

We have to fix the exploitation of college football players. Rookies that have not played a down of professional football all deserve multi million dollar contracts like Sam Bradford. These are athletes who are exploited by the college system. They earn millions of dollars for the Universities and get only an education in return. These players don't go to class. Who are we kidding?

The NFLPA wants better healthcare. I thought this was decided last March with Obamacare. But the players want the platinum coverage for life. We the fans need to give it to them. It's their civil right. Who are we to deny them their rights?

Plaxico Burress and Michael Vick both had to file for bankruptcy a few years ago when they went to jail. You would think that this multi millionaires would at least ensure them of financial security. You are wrong. A player has to maintain his image and his posse and his harem, his 5 benzes, his 3 mansions, and his tiffany jewelry collection. That takes big dough. The NFL is just not paying them enough. We need to make sure that when a franchise tag is put on a player, he's getting paid what the franchise is worth. This is the right thing to do.

I know everybody was impressed with the Jones's Cowpalace. That takes more than just bling to build. That's real capital. Every owner deserves a Jones style cowpalace. Most owners are billionaires. Times are tough. Can you imagine if a billionaire's net worth fell to the hundreds of millions? What would the neighbors say? If the billionaire had to downsize his 737 to a Learjet? Please, people. We can't have the Housewives of Dallas and Atlanta going to sit in the endzone. Come on. The NFL owners deserve 55% of the revenue. How many of you got the balls to go to your local politicians, fund their campaign and in return ask them to build a billion dollar stadium at taxpayer expense?

So the NFL season depends on you? Yes, you the cheap arse fan who works long hours but apparently not long enough to pay $600 for NFL Ticket instead of $300. Yes, you will pay stub hub or some schlep on E Bay $200 for a ticket, but you won't pay the Rooney's for the same privilege. Then you complain about the high cost of hot dogs and beer at the stadium. You try to smuggle in your own brew. You go to Turtle creek outlet to buy your apparel instead of NFL.com. I'm just saying that you are the cause of the lockout. If we just paid more, then everyone would be happy.

Do you want to go back to the days when players often got free beer after games and a league minimum of $6,000 dollars per season? When an NFL ticket was less than $5. When you could not see the Steelers on TV because they was Direct TV? There weren't satellites either.

Come on. Football is one of the most expensive games played by some of the best paid athletes. Billionaire playboys run the teams. They want more and more. Do we have the right to deny them more? Are you with me?
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Steeler Fans are worthless

LMFAO! Didn't you make a thread about capping ticket prices? And now we aren't paying enough?

I'm sorry if I don't feel sorry for people who...at peanut prices...are playing for at least hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, and at most millions of dollars a year.

Underpaid? Denying them healthcare? We the fans need to provide them with platinum healthcare for life?

I'm not they're goddamned employer. I've got my own shit to take care of. If they can't manage on their salaries that's their problem, not mine.

Chip in.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

the NFLPA kills me. They want better healthcare. Waah.Waah. Waaaaaaaaaah.

Even with lousy healthcare or if they have to pay it all themselves. they still pay FAR less as a percentage of income than almost every American family in existence. Boo F-ing Hoo.
I have NO sympathy for that.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Dont know where you work but, most of us cant afford expensive ticket prices. Id rather make sure theres food on my own table before a millionare athlete gets it!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Hopefully he's trying to be facetious. If not he needs a reality check.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048

Guys, it's pretty clear he's being sarcastic. Calm yourselves lol.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #7
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post

I love satire.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #8
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
Yeah...I realized it was a couple of hours later. But I run on fumes most of the time and have frequent blonde moments...plus it seemed like a good enough excuse for me to use the "What the shit" picture.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Normally when it comes to collective bargaining, there's a cartel on one end - labor - negotiating with a single entity - a single business. I side with businesses in these instances because it's labor trying to drive up prices above market value. In the case of the NFL, we have owners banding together forming a cartel of their own. It seems to me the owners are being quite disengenious and ask for a lot out of the players. Owners build stadiums when unnecessary and receive subsidies from local government to do so - and then have the nerve to complain about money. The NFL has never been more popular than it is today, and I find it entirely rediculous that the NFL would even try to claim it has money problems.

I'm with the union on this one. Combined with the fact owners are lying through their teeth, the players have been more willing to compromise and have even yielded on the 18 game schedule.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #10
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Hayeksheroes is right! If we don't step to the plate and pay fees that support the demands from both the players and owners, we might just find out our heroes aren't playing for the love of the game. Can you imagine getting a pound of sliced turkey handed to you at the local grocery store by a former NFL linebacker? And I'd hate for the owners to have to go through the process of getting huge tax write offs when they fold their teams. Given current politics, those write offs will probably disappear. So you just might find Jerry Jones standing in line with you waiting for his sliced turkey holding a handful of coupons. This is America dammit and we have to ensure we keep the elite entitled!
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote