Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
55BaileyFan
Starter
 
55BaileyFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 645
Member Number: 13479
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default New Guys...Anyone Stick Out.

Baraka Atkins LB Miami
* Since 07 has spent time with Seattle, San Francisco and Denver
*29 tackles 2 sacks in his career
Chris Ellis LB Virginia Tech
*Spent 3 years with Buffalo
*8 tackles 1 sack in his career
Mortty Ivy LB West Virginia
*Since 09 has spent time with Carolina, St. Louis, Miami
*Hasn't played an NFL game
James Johnson RB Kansas State
*Spent 08 with Cincinnati
*9 carries 29 yards and 6 catches 47 yards
Wes Lyons WR West Virginia
*Spent last season with Jets
*Hasn't played an NFL game
Nevin McCaskill OG Hampton
*Since 07 has spent time with Buffalo, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Jets, Miami and Tennessee
*Hasn't played an NFL game
Chris McCoy LB Middle Tennessee State
*Spent last season with Miami and Houston
*Hasn't played an NFL game
Jamie McCoy RB/TE Texas A&M
*No NFL exp.
Swaye Waters K UAB

I personally don't think any will stick and will be first round cuts. The hopeful is probably Wes Lyons the 6'8 WR/TE. Being from West Virginia and having two friends who played there I have heard that he doesn't have a great work ethic and was a huge disappointment. In his career at WVU he caught only 42 passes for 517 yards and 0 TDS.

I know they are trying to find diamonds in the rough...but I don't think any will make the roster. Thoughts?
__________________
55BaileyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New Guys...Anyone Stick Out.

Not a single one of these guys will amount to a cup or
\warm spit. They are camp fodder, nothing more.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,351
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 373
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts
Default Re: New Guys...Anyone Stick Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Not a single one of these guys will amount to a cup or
\warm spit. They are camp fodder, nothing more.
Tell that to James Harrison or guys like Willie Parker or Redman.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New Guys...Anyone Stick Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Tell that to James Harrison or guys like Willie Parker or Redman.
The examples you bring up are the Exception to the rule, not
the norm. Yes, free agents or 12th round draft picks have
made it to probowls or even the Hall. But if I was betting
on whether any of these guys would even make the team,
I'd put a decent amount of $ on them not making it and would
most likely win. I would put $ on it. Is it 100% certain they
will never make a mark and start in the NFL? No. Is it unlikely
they will do anything? Very much so.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,351
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 373
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts
Default Re: New Guys...Anyone Stick Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
The examples you bring up are the Exception to the rule, not
the norm. Yes, free agents or 12th round draft picks have
made it to probowls or even the Hall. But if I was betting
on whether any of these guys would even make the team,
I'd put a decent amount of $ on them not making it and would
most likely win. I would put $ on it. Is it 100% certain they
will never make a mark and start in the NFL? No. Is it unlikely
they will do anything? Very much so.
You're correct. Most of these guys are just stunt double's and be bitches to the starting units and to the one's that are actually being hard looked at. But that's not saying one of these guys has what it takes to step up and surprise somebody. That's all one of them needs is to have a good outing. The Steelers look for this more than any team out there. Gems. You just never know.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
55BaileyFan
Starter
 
55BaileyFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 645
Member Number: 13479
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: New Guys...Anyone Stick Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
You're correct. Most of these guys are just stunt double's and be bitches to the starting units and to the one's that are actually being hard looked at. But that's not saying one of these guys has what it takes to step up and surprise somebody. That's all one of them needs is to have a good outing. The Steelers look for this more than any team out there. Gems. You just never know.
Agreed. The biggest idea is you can have over eighty guys on your roster during camp...so fill them up.
__________________
55BaileyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts