Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Default Cal Senior DE Cameron Jordan to Talk with the Steelers

http://steelershallway.blogspot.com/...n-to-talk.html

The Steelers will have a pre-draft visit with California defensive end Cameron Jordan. The senior will visit not only the Steelers, but Buffalo and Tampa Bay, as well, according to Joe Fortenbaugh of the National Football Post. Jordan has already sat down with the Lions.

Last season with Cal he had 34 tackles for loss and 17.5 sacks, he also was dominant at the 2011 Senior Bowl, though he did not play on Chan Gailey’s South squad. Jordan measured in at 6′4″ and 287 pounds at the Combine, with gigantic arms (35″) and hands (11.1″) – perfect for a 3-4 defensive end. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.78 seconds.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,666 Times in 1,153 Posts
Default Re: Cal Senior DE Cameron Jordan to Talk with the Steelers

it sure would be nice to have a DE thats just as good at pass rushing than clogging up lanes.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i would love to land him in the draft, i just wonder if we would play him at end or OLB. I would assume OLB and with his size and speed he may be one of the best
Old 03-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,296 Times in 646 Posts

He would be a great addition, but what does that mean?? Aaron Smith is done???

I still think we need more help at OT, CB or even a real ILB successor to Farrior.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Cameron Jordan to visit Steelers

According to published reports, California defensive lineman Cameron Jordan is among the players scheduled to visit the Steelers.

The 6-4, 287-pound Jordan is a classic 3-4 end with plenty of upside potential. He's also a player capable of moving inside on passing downs. He's a first-round talent.

Also scheduled to meet with the Steelers are Eastern Washington running back Taiwan Jones and Citadel cornerback Cortez Allen.

Jones, 6-1, 200, is considered a mid-round prospect. He's had some injury problems, so the visit could have been to clear up some medical issues. He missed three games, including a pair of playoff games with a broken foot.

Jones did have nine 100-yard games, including a pair over 200 yards, in 2010, finishing second in FCS in rushing.

Allen, 6-1, 197, is a mid- to late-round talent who could be a small-school gem. He had just 22 tackles and two interceptions in 2010 as most opponents stayed away from him.

California University of Pennsylvania QB Josh Portis visited the Miami Dolphins last week. That has been his lone visit thus far.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907

Jordan will go top 20, and the only way we will get him is to trade up for him. And I would HATE it if we traded up and didn't get a CB or OL.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,666 Times in 1,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
He would be a great addition, but what does that mean?? Aaron Smith is done???

I still think we need more help at OT, CB or even a real ILB successor to Farrior.
would you prefer that they wait till he announces his retirement to find his successor ? i've been saying for awhile now that i wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with another DE as the first pick. not because its a glaring need , but because of the talent depth at DE in this draft , a DE may very well be the BPA at 31.
it might just be another " mendenhall " like situation.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
would you prefer that they wait till he announces his retirement to find his successor ? i've been saying for awhile now that i wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with another DE as the first pick. not because its a glaring need , but because of the talent depth at DE in this draft , a DE may very well be the BPA at 31.
Brandon Harris better not be on the board.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
I wouldn't like this move at all. Smith already has his replacement in Ziggy Hood. Is Cameron Jordon going to rot on the bench for the next few seasons? Because Keisel still has a good 3 years left in the tank by the looks of it. This years' draft is stacked with good DBs.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
Navy86
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18326

I can't see a scenario where we wouldn't have to give up at least a 2nd and a 3rd or a high 2012 pick to get him. I'm not sure we need to give up that much for someone that will not impact our game in the immediate future.
Navy86 is offline   Reply With Quote