Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Farrior looking forward to Ben's wedding

Farrior looking forward to Ben's wedding

By John Harris
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, April 7, 2011

What do you give the man who signed a $102 million contract for his wedding gift?

"I don't know. You have to be real creative, I guess,'' said Steelers linebacker James Farrior about teammate Ben Roethlisberger's upcoming wedding to Ashley Harlan on July 23 in the Pittsburgh area.

"I received an invitation. I plan on going. I'm not really sure about the gift yet. I have to find out where he's registered. I don't know what you give the guy that has everything.''

Farrior isn't a big wedding person. He turns down invitations regularly.

Roethlisberger, however, is different. Farrior considers his teammate of seven NFL seasons a special friend.

"I go to my friends' weddings. When I get invited to other people's weddings, I try to get out of those,'' Farrior said Wednesday. "But I definitely try to go when my friends are involved.''

With players scattered across the country, and with the lockout preventing them from working out together at the Steelers' facility on the South Side, Farrior hasn't had much time to discuss Roethlisberger's impending wedding with teammates or how many of them plan to attend.

"I haven't talked to a lot of people about it,'' Farrior said. "I really didn't know his dating situation. I heard he was dating a girl. When I heard they were getting married, I guess they were dating longer than I thought.''

Farrior said there's one thing Roethlisberger's teammates should agree on the timing of the wedding day is ideal.

"We usually go to (training) camp the week after that,'' Farrior said. "It's perfect for me.''

Asked again about his wedding gift for Roethlisberger, Farrior said he felt confident he would make the right choice.

"I usually buy for the wife,'' Farrior said, "something that will make her happy. I don't worry about him.''

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Read more: Farrior looking forward to Ben's wedding - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1IoML0BGp
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote