Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Spring Spheres ... not Easter Eggs

I'm not religious, but I've always loved Christmas and Easter. Hey, what's not to like about presents and candy?
And I've never been offended by the words Christmas or Easter. If you don't want to believe in or worship Jesus, that's fine. But stop bitching and just enjoy the presents and candy.
------------------

Quote:
Policy on Easter Eggs/Spring Spheres

A sophomore at a local private high school thinks an effort to make Easter politically correct is ridiculous.

Jessica, 16, told KIRO Radio's Dori Monson Show that a week before spring break, the students commit to a week-long community service project. She decided to volunteer in a third grade class at a public school, which she would like to remain nameless.

"At the end of the week I had an idea to fill little plastic eggs with treats and jelly beans and other candy, but I was kind of unsure how the teacher would feel about that," Jessica said.

She was concerned how the teacher might react to the eggs after of a meeting earlier in the week where she learned about "their abstract behavior rules."

"I went to the teacher to get her approval and she wanted to ask the administration to see if it was okay," Jessica explained. "She said that I could do it as long as I called this treat 'spring spheres.' I couldn't call them Easter eggs."

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=459668
Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,117 Times in 439 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Spring Spheres ... not Easter Eggs

nope, not religious either, for me christmas has always been about santa and easter is for the bunny
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote