Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Fate
Water Boy

Member Number: 16605
Default Some questions about tickets for games.

I plan on making my first trip to Heinz field on Dec. 24th with a buddy who is a Rams fan for the game. We had a few questions I figured you all could help us with.

1. Are tickets on sale officially? If not, when will they be? I clicked the link at the top of this forum but none are listed and they look like resales. Resold tickets are insanely priced and we're looking to buy tickets straight. Which site officially sells tickets to Heinz field?

2. What happens if there is a lockout? Do we get refunded? Are we taking a chance buying these tickets or is there some type of guarantee?

We have travel down so that won't be a problem. A train from Philly to Pitt. is around $30 and a nice ride from what I hear. I'll look into hotels / attractions in the future after we get these first 2 questions figured out. Thanks
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Some questions about tickets for games.

You're chances of getting tickets for face value are slim. Most seats are PSL season tickets. The few that are sold on a single game basis will go in a matter of seconds when they go on sale. The only seats that go on sale to the public are a few upper endzone bleacher seats. If you want good seats, you have to go the secondary market route.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Fate
Water Boy

Member Number: 16605

Man, that is bad news. Resale value is like $300+ most of the time. Do you know when they go on sale?
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

The past two games I've been to... low $200s for the lower section. StubHub is usually where I go.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Man, that is bad news. Resale value is like $300+ most of the time. Do you know when they go on sale?
Yeah. They usually go on sale in late June. With the pending lockout, that may change a little. If there is no game, they can't legally keep your money so don't fear that. The good news is, a Christmas Eve game against the Rams will not be a big draw compared to the others on the schedule. In fact, in looking at the games, it is likely 8th out of 8 home games in marketability. So, if you are unable to secure face value tickets through the onsale in June, I think you will be able to get them for a reasonable price later in the season. Probably $125/ticket for upper cheap seats and $200/ticket for lowers.

Many will not be willing to travel on Christmas Eve. I live almost 6 hours away and have a family, so that game will likely be out for me. Many other season ticket holders come from a few hours away and will have plans with family. I think you'll see a lot of tickets for sale for this game, which will keep the prices reasonable.
Unless of course the Rams are 12-2 and the Steelers are 13-1 at that time, then you'll pay through the nose as always.

Last edited by steelerchad; 04-20-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Tx777
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14928

If you head over to nflticketexchange or stubhub you will notice you can buy tickets to be mailed out later. Stubhub guarantees the tickets in case the game doesnt take place cause of the lock out.

Im debating on buying tickets now thinking that the prices might be set lower cause of the chance of the lockout effecting the game.
Or waiting till a few weeks before the game im going to when prices usually drop a bit due to over saturation

any thoughts
Tx777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
Tx777
Draft Prospect

bump
Old 05-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #8
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx777 View Post
If you head over to nflticketexchange or stubhub you will notice you can buy tickets to be mailed out later. Stubhub guarantees the tickets in case the game doesnt take place cause of the lock out.

Im debating on buying tickets now thinking that the prices might be set lower cause of the chance of the lockout effecting the game.
Or waiting till a few weeks before the game im going to when prices usually drop a bit due to over saturation

any thoughts

Depends on which game you pick. If your not patient enough to wait inside of a few weeks, now is the better time to get them. If you can stick it out to the week of the game you will likely get a decent deal. I wouldn't mess with the Pats or Ravens games as these could be one of those games where you can't even get into the upper bleachers for under $200/ticket. A lot of it depends on our start. If we are better than .500 after 5 or 6 games, then tickets will go up for mid and late season games.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Tx777
Draft Prospect

I bit the bullet today and bought tickets for the Texans v Steelers in Houston. I know there is a huge Steelers following in San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas so im sure there gonna be a lot of road trippers like myself. Im in upper deck first row in the end zone paid 108 before tax and service charge
Old 05-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

I drop around 300 for individual games. Best bet is to search for away games...they are ALWAYS cheaper.