Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #11
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Re: Ravens Ask NFL Not To Play In Pittsburgh At Night. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fart View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but this is old news. Look at the two articles posted, they're identical. Also, the OP article is incorrect, because it is old. It states...

If I recall, the Ravens haven't played a night game in Pitt since 2008 and, in 2010, the Ravens beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

The story is old. I can't find a date for the OP article posted so I can't tell if it's "new" but it's an old story. If you or the OP had taken the time to look at the article, or the video attached, you would have noticed that. Also, how does one misspell "afraid"? The more I look at that article, the stupider I get.

EDIT: looks like they put a date there, now... March 23rd, 2009...
You're right ... I didn't take the time to read the articles in their entirety or watch the video. But I will take the time to tell you that you're an arrogant douche.

The article that Deserei posted originally had yesterday's date on it before it was changed. The copyright at the end of the article still says: Copyright 2011 by wtov9.com. So I think its relatively easy to understand why me and others thought it was a new story on first glance.

I don't mind being corrected, but you don't have to act like an arrogant prick about it. So I suggest you take your superiority complex and go sit back down at the kiddie table.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board.

Last edited by Wallace108; 04-20-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
fart
Water Boy

Member Number: 18364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
You're right ... I didn't take the time to read the articles in their entirety or watch the video. But I will take the time to tell you that you're an arrogant douche.

The article that Deserei posted originally had yesterday's date on it before it was changed. The copyright at the end of the article still says: Copyright 2011 by wtov9.com. So I think its relatively easy to understand why me and others thought it was a new story on first glance.

I don't mind being corrected, but you don't have to act like an arrogant prick about it. So I suggest you take your superiority complex and go sit back down at the kiddie table.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board.
Don't know how I was being "arrogant". I said you and the OP had not taken the time to really look at the article or the attached video before proclaiming it "news", I was right about that. I'd say it's more arrogant to post ignorance as fact.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #13
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Don't know how I was being "arrogant". I said you and the OP had not taken the time to really look at the article or the attached video before proclaiming it "news", I was right about that.
It's all in your wording, bro. All you had to do was point out the fact that it was an old article. And I would have given myself a .

There was no need to take a cheap shot at me and Deserei.

And WE didn't "proclaim it news" ... the website "proclaimed it news" when, for whatever reason, they put the current date on an old article.

Quote:
I'd say it's more arrogant to post ignorance as fact.
We were arrogant to post and comment on a story that had yesterday's date on it? I didn't realize I had to fact check news articles before commenting on them.

EDIT: After reading our exchange again, it's much ado about nothing. Welcome to the board seriously this time.

Last edited by Wallace108; 04-20-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #14
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:

EDIT: After reading our exchange again, it's much ado about nothing. Welcome to the board seriously this time.
Have you seen the Kenneth Branagh film? I enjoyed it very much.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #15
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
Have you seen the Kenneth Branagh film? I enjoyed it very much.
Much Ado About Nothing? Nope ... haven't seen it. And I just exceeded my literary reference allowance for the day. So that's all I can say.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #16
tunes4life
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8219

Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #17
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Have some cheese to go with that whine Ravens fans....
Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #18
Wallace108

Member Number:

This same article was posted on several other Steelers boards with posters laughing at the whiny Ravens. It looks like we weren't the only ones to get suckered by the incorrect date.

I might be a moron ... but at least I've got company.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #19
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
This same article was posted on several other Steelers boards with posters laughing at the whiny Ravens. It looks like we weren't the only ones to get suckered by the incorrect date.

I might be a moron ... but at least I've got company.
It's not like the Ravens have stopped their constant whining since the real date the article was published anyways...so it's really a a non-issue.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #20
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
It's not like the Ravens have stopped their constant whining since the real date the article was published anyways...so it's really a a non-issue.

Regardless of the date ... it's still relevant.

Closed Thread