Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Just spend 10 minutes defending Bradshaw...

on the official Steelers board.Some of those people must be idiots and/or bandwagoners.

Quote:
You people that are making fun of Terry Bradshaw and talking about a 'self-made pedistil' need to just shut your yaps and jump on the next bandwagon that comes along,because you obviously have no respect for or knoledge of the history of the Pittsburgh Steelers or Terry Bradshaw.

Terry Bradshaw is currently the most successful Steelers QB there has ever been.He won four Super Bowls,is a Hall of Famer,and holds most if not all Steelers QB records.He won two Super Bowl MVP's.He was one of the toughest players on the team.He took hits probally nobody on this board could take,and he'd get up and in the huddle if he was conscience after the hit.

However,his first few years with the Steelers were tough.He was adjusting to the NFL,a new city,new teammates,not to mention his illnesses of being Bipolar (formerly known as Manic Depressive) and having ADD.He was never diagnosed with either during his playing days.I don't think either of them technically existed back in the 70's.Throughout his early years he struggled.The fans in Pittsburgh booed him and yelled really hurtful things about him.There was a fan who had a Bradshaw doll hanging from a nuce for goodness sakes!Chuck Noll was no help,he wasn't the type of coach to hug you after you threw a pick or fumbled away the football.He didn't yell,but he didn't make you feel any better about it,he didn't offer words of encouragment.

Even while winning Super Bowls,he felt hated by the fans.So he stayed away from the Burgh.He knew of no such pedistil some people are claiming he's on.He didn't even know the fans of the Steelers loved him until he came back.And when he came back,he was so afraid of getting booed he brought his daughters with him in the hope that having them with him,the fans wouldn't boo him.And they didn't,he got a standing ovation at half time when he walked onto the field that day.

Also,Bradshaw isn't stupid like so many of you people think he is.The man is very smart,he has an IQ around 140,higher than most of the people on this board I would guess.He ran the offense in the 70's,a dumb person can't run an NFL offense,I would bet a lot of money that I don't have that 98% of the people on this board couldn't run an NFL offense back then or now.The offense ran in the 70's IS THE MODERN DAY OFFENSE.Not very much has changed.So I bet he has more insight into the game of professional football than you,me,or anyone else that sits on thier couch with a beer watching the game.Most people never played a more organized level beyong flag football or peewee football.

Also,he may say the New Orleans Saints are his favorite team because he is from the state of Loisiana.Ever think about that?Did you even know he was from Loisiana?Also,if he were to say the Steelers were his favorite team,he'd be labled a complete and total homer,which wouldn't yield well for his career in television.And if you all don't know,they Saints stink,they always have...so when he said the Saints were his favorite team,it's not like he was picking the defending Super Bowl Champs.And I have never seen him not back the Steelers.Terry Bradshaw is and always will be a Steelers fan.

If you don't like Terry Bradshaw,that's fine,you don't have to.But don't make fun of him or his illnesses,that's just not right.If you don't care about him,then stay out of the threads about him,it's that easy.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
Steelhorse
Water Boy

Member Number: 2158
Default Re: Just spend 10 minutes defending Bradshaw...

Don't ever argue with idiots - they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If they don't realize Bradshaw was a great player and was able to reinvent himself as a very successful tv personality through his own intelligence, then they probably won't realize much of anything.
Steelhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Bradshaw, my favorite , should never need defending! He is awesome on th efield and off.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #4
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

/me bows before Bradshaw.

Any "Steeler Fan" who disrespects Terry Bradshaw should be deported to Cleveland.

That is all.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

no Steeler fans i personally know have ever had anything but admiration for bradshaw. He was my childhood idol, wore his number in football. I live in Illinois so not sure if those comments were directed to Steeler fans elsewher.. but i have never heard of people that are/ arent Steeeler fans say anything bad about the man except that he can be a dork on t.v sometimes .. never about his playing ability. is true that he sucked for his first few years, it isnt that uncommon and he played on some shitty teams those first couple of years so helps explain some of it. Terry has always been and always will be a legend in my book.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Bradshaw, my favorite , should never need defending! He is awesome on th efield and off.

well said and to me anyone who says anything bad about Bradshaw is only a Bandwagon fan who knows nothin about Pittsburgh Football and the 70's or is just an Compleat Idiot
Old 05-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

So true, if you have to defend Bradshaw, they are idots. Good post Roeth.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #8
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Bradshaw was one of the best. No need to defend him to anyone. If you are a "football fan", you have nothing but respect for what he accomplished.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Thanks for having my back guys.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #10
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Good ole #12 for the Steelers - all he is, is a QB who threw a 4th quarter TD in 4 different Super Bowls!!!!!!!!

A guy who played his best on the biggest stage.....nuff said
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote