Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,809 Times in 2,684 Posts
Default Judge Lifts Lockout - Ryan Clark Going To Work Tomorrow

The superior intellect of Roger Goodell gets blasted once again as District Judge Nelson has lifted the lockout this evening

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6424084

Link to the order here

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...1nflruling.pdf

Ryan Clark in turn tells everyone to show up for work tomorrow

Steelers' Clark: Players planning to report to work tomorrow morning

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

With the NFL lockout lifted, Steelers players plan to start reporting to work at the team's facility as soon as 8 a.m. Tuesday.

Safety Ryan Clark, the NFL Players Association representative for the Steelers, began calling and texting teammates this evening to inform them that they are free to report to work and urging them to do so early Tuesday.

"I'm trying to get guys there at 8 o'clock, to get out there and show we want to be here, we want too be part of this organization and we want to be on the field," Clark told the Post-Gazette this evening. "We want to show this is not a litigation process but an attempt to have football in 2011."

http://post-gazette.com/pg/11115/1141865-100.stm
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #2
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
Default Re: Judge Lifts Lockout - Ryan Clark Going To Work Tomorrow

Dam,I hope this is true!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

It's only one development in the line of many that will need to go down
for us to have football, but it is on the side of good news, even tho
we have more events that need to transpire for this to be settled.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
It's only one development in the line of many that will need to go down
for us to have football, but it is on the side of good news, even tho
we have more events that need to transpire for this to be settled.
I'm not sure this is good news. The players cracking because many thought they may miss a paycheck would have been a quicker resolution imo. I tend to side with players but I'm for football in 2011.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Going to work to get turned away...I think this is a crock. I want to see football next year but we are letting a judge rule of labor issues. They all claim to love football...PROVE it. Split everything 50/50 and take care of older players. There is plenty of money to go around.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
Wallabeast17
Starter

Member Number: 18370

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
Going to work to get turned away...I think this is a crock. I want to see football next year but we are letting a judge rule of labor issues. They all claim to love football...PROVE it. Split everything 50/50 and take care of older players. There is plenty of money to go around.
Summed up perfectly!
Wallabeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,809 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
That was the players proposal in early March

NFL owners walked away from the negotiating table Wednesday when the NFL Players Association proposed to take an average of 50 percent of all revenue generated by the league, according to player sources.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6107737

Owners rejected that then locked the players out - so the players had the audacity to take the owners to court to force them to comply with the law.

These two columns sum it up for me

The owners donít get it, and havenít from the beginning. But they better get it fast, or the entire structure of the league may come down around their ears. On Tuesday, it suddenly became clear what a doomsday scenario they put into play when they picked a financial fight with their players, and locked them out. It was a profound mistake, committed out of arrogance. While they were calculating revenue, studying profit-loss statements and betting on how many unplayed games it would take the players to fold, they should have taken a crucial fact into account: They are in the legal wrong.

They had no right to lock out the players, they are in violation of anti-trust law, and whatís more they are repeat, recidivist offenders. They are guilty as charged, and this is the trouble with their hope for relief on appeal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...y.html?hpid=z3

Perhaps it's time for Goodell and the owners to admit the obvious. They've been outflanked by the players' union/"trade association" on every front: on the negotiating front, the legal front and the public relations front.

Most of all, it's time for the owners to realize they overplayed their position. They went for the pump fake and got burned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...6&sportCat=nfl
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
That was the players proposal in early March

NFL owners walked away from the negotiating table Wednesday when the NFL Players Association proposed to take an average of 50 percent of all revenue generated by the league, according to player sources.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6107737

Owners rejected that then locked the players out - so the players had the audacity to take the owners to court to force them to comply with the law.

These two columns sum it up for me

The owners donít get it, and havenít from the beginning. But they better get it fast, or the entire structure of the league may come down around their ears. On Tuesday, it suddenly became clear what a doomsday scenario they put into play when they picked a financial fight with their players, and locked them out. It was a profound mistake, committed out of arrogance. While they were calculating revenue, studying profit-loss statements and betting on how many unplayed games it would take the players to fold, they should have taken a crucial fact into account: They are in the legal wrong.

They had no right to lock out the players, they are in violation of anti-trust law, and whatís more they are repeat, recidivist offenders. They are guilty as charged, and this is the trouble with their hope for relief on appeal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...y.html?hpid=z3

Perhaps it's time for Goodell and the owners to admit the obvious. They've been outflanked by the players' union/"trade association" on every front: on the negotiating front, the legal front and the public relations front.

Most of all, it's time for the owners to realize they overplayed their position. They went for the pump fake and got burned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...6&sportCat=nfl
I read that. I am not siding with the owners or the players I am saying that both sides keep declaring how much they love football but no one wants to prove it. I keep hearing players say that the lockout lifted is a win for fans...yeah, and you get your 57% of over 4 billion dollars. I just wish both sides would actually say what the hell they are thinking.

Players first said how the system was good and the owners didn't need to lock them out. Now, they are telling a judge that free agency, franchise tags and things that keep the NFL from becoming baseball are unconstitutional?

Hell, the owners are greedy as hell too. Goodell says cost are too large and in some cases teams are losing money...but he won't share finances of the NFL and its teams.

It is all really shady. I just wish they would put their egos aside and sit down together. NO WALK OUTS or baby sissy fights because someone hurt their feelings by their proposal, and get the deal done.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
jwmann2
Water Boy

Member Number: 18374

Good to see Batch and Clark show up for their workouts. A lot of these guys have incentives in their contracts for attending a certain percentage of the offseason workouts.
jwmann2 is offline   Reply With Quote