Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 04-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

I thought this wasn't going to happen.....I'm so glad it did!!!!
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

With Bowers on the board Im a bit disgusted by this but I guess Colbert knows best, as he usually does.

Still hate Ohio State trash though
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

The reason we got him so quick is because the Packers were probably eyeing Heyward with their 32....I'm just happy we got him there otherwise the Packers would of had him...
Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

CB.......................................CB....... ..............................CB

Perhaps we need a replay of SB 45?
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

yeah, when was the last time we had a pure bust of a 1st round pick?

Right now our biggest bust in recent memory would be Holmes, if only because he's no longer on the team, but that's not for lack of talent or production (Superbowl MVP)
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #6
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

CB is very deep this year....we can get Dowling in the 2nd round if we trade up...or hopefully he falls to us....or we can get williams teammate Brown...I think Brown would be a better pro than Williams....seriously....why would we draft a nickle CB that would have to play S in the future(Williams)....I say we go Dowling in the 2nd...he should be our number 1 priority....I wouldn't mind Curtis Brown and Curtis Marsh in the 3rd/4th...
Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

cb's you can find later on in the draft, we don't play a tampa 2 so it's not particularly an area of great need, nor could we ever really fill drafting in the latter part of most drafts. I don't think williams would of been the answer at CB, certainly not next season. Makes sense, draft another DE with a huge motor like ziggy, and let them open up the holes for our LB's to hit the QB. Just needed a little more pressure in the SB, and CB's don't apply pressure...LB's and DE's do. It's really that simple. Pressure is better than any cover CB imo, makes any QB inaccurate, rattles em, makes them unsure of themselves, causes INT's...etc

All that being said, I was a little bummed they didn't go after the guy the giants landed...but now they still have all their picks and could find some gems hopefully along the O and D line with a couple project CB's in the mix. Wouldn't be surprised by the obligatory WR pick in the 4th or 5th.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #8
rangerman
Water Boy

Member Number: 18371

but are we really in the position for project corners i mean remember ike maybe gone this year leaving gay mcfadden and butler. and we still have holes on the Oline that need to be addressed. if we dont find some answer to the secondary your going to be watching last years superbowl every game against us. but that is just my opinion
rangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
cb's you can find later on in the draft, we don't play a tampa 2 so it's not particularly an area of great need, nor could we ever really fill drafting in the latter part of most drafts. I don't think williams would of been the answer at CB, certainly not next season. Makes sense, draft another DE with a huge motor like ziggy, and let them open up the holes for our LB's to hit the QB. Just needed a little more pressure in the SB, and CB's don't apply pressure...LB's and DE's do. It's really that simple. Pressure is better than any cover CB imo, makes any QB inaccurate, rattles em, makes them unsure of themselves, causes INT's...etc

All that being said, I was a little bummed they didn't go after the guy the giants landed...but now they still have all their picks and could find some gems hopefully along the O and D line with a couple project CB's in the mix. Wouldn't be surprised by the obligatory WR pick in the 4th or 5th.
, I totally agree with you....LB's and DL put the pressure on QB which if we do that with our guys...we don't need the most elite type CB...so there are a lot of guys later in the rounds that we can pick up but I would love them to pick up Ras I Dowling or Curtis Brown in the 2nd.... or maybe even Curtis Marsh in the 3rd/4th....I just think we might go OLB in the 2nd again...maybe even Sam Acho........I hope we go CB in the 2nd....

What would youguys think if we take WR G. Little in the 2nd if he falls to us???
Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
Navy86
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18326

A bit surprised they passed on Sherrod, but they probably felt he wasn't "nasty" enough to play on our line. Love the pick though. Glad it wasn't Williams.
Navy86 is offline   Reply With Quote