Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #21
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149
Default Re: My Draft Grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Sure, and the Steelers three turnovers to the Packers zero had nothing to do with it. It was all because they didn't draft a corner in the first who more than likely wouldn't have started anyway, due to the complexity of LeBeau's scheme. Drafting Pouncey to replace the speed bump known as Hartwig? Huge mistake.
Pitt was still in the game with the 3 turnovers....Poor secondary play ultimately done them in...Pouncey was a smart choice, the beat choice, but that doesn't excuse not drafting a quality corner the last 3 years...
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #22
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
Pitt was still in the game with the 3 turnovers....Poor secondary play ultimately done them in...Pouncey was a smart choice, the beat choice, but that doesn't excuse not drafting a quality corner the last 3 years...
The Steelers win that game without the turnovers, despite the secondary. Particularly the last one by Mendenhall where they had the momentum, were driving towards a possible go ahead score, had Green Bay's defense on their heels and were beginning to literally shove the ball down the Packers throats. Stop blaming the loss on the draft.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #23
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
The Steelers win that game without the turnovers, despite the secondary. Particularly the last one by Mendenhall where they had the momentum, were driving towards a possible go ahead score, had Green Bay's defense on their heels and were beginning to literally shove the ball down the Packers throats. Stop blaming the loss on the draft.
With a better secondary they probably do win the game...then they could have stopped Rodgers from completing passes all over the field on that drive after Mendy fumbled..the drafts of the last 3 years doesn't deserve all the blame ...but it deserves some of it.
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #24
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrob68 View Post
Cortez Allen wasn't a reach. He is what they like in a CB. Same body type as Ike. He's raw but had an outstanding Sr Bowl week & Combine. He had a 4th - 5th grade. Grabbing Brown & Allen is just what we needed. Brown can play inside or out and will be our Nickel his rookie year. Cortez Allen will be a Starting CB in his 2nd year after getting coached by Carnell Lake.
I loved the draft and knew they were drafting off of their Draft Visits. The only exception was Chris Carter who they interviewed at the combine.
Cant wait until the labor BS is over.
Brandon Burton was a much better prospect than Cortez Allen and is a much more polished corner. He had a much better grade than Allen, who I never even heard of prior to getting him in the 4th. I would of bet money he would have been there in the 6th. I'm not saying he'll be a bad player but there were much better prospects at that pick similar to last year when we got Sanders in the 3rd.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote