Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #21
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i will leave this here for a while because its great news and a great day in american history. i really wished we could of took him to america and made him suffer for a few months but im glad to see him burn in hell
Oh oops lol. I pretty much merged it with the thread posted in the Locker Room.

It is great news...I'm glad they got him. In the grand scheme of things though, I don't know how much of a victory it is yet. Only time will tell I guess. Be safe everyone!
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #22
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
So then what is the difference between terrorists and American soldiers?
It's a fine line I think sometimes. And believe me, I support our troops...I'm not saying they are terrorists, but I know where SH is coming from. Just because we feel one way about our troops and government, doesn't mean that another countries people feel the same way. Not everything is as black and white as some would like it to be I think.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,661
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 411
Thanked 954 Times in 374 Posts
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
So then what is the difference between terrorists and American soldiers?
Difference between American Soldiers and Terrorists:

American Soldiers:
Are there for the freedom of the oppressed people, which I don't doubt.
Have killed innocent men, women and children

Terrorists:
Just bad to the bone

Well it's war, so how can we judge what's right and wrong. Oh and I'm not an American. I'm Canadian.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #24
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
It's a fine line I think sometimes. And believe me, I support our troops...I'm not saying they are terrorists, but I know where SH is coming from. Just because we feel one way about our troops and government, doesn't mean that another countries people feel the same way. Not everything is as black and white as some would like it to be I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
Difference between American Soldiers and Terrorists:

American Soldiers:
Are there for the freedom of the oppressed people, which I don't doubt.
Have killed innocent men, women and children

Terrorists:
Just bad to the bone

Well it's war, so how can we judge what's right and wrong. Oh and I'm not an American. I'm Canadian.
Like they say ... war is hell. A lot of bad things happen during war. And innocent people get killed.

The difference between our soldiers and terrorists is we don't target civilians, especially women and children. Sure there's going to be mistakes, and you're going to have some rogue soldiers who step over the line. We've seen it in every war. But that goes against what we believe in, and those soldiers are dealt with.

So I have to disagree with Mom that there's a fine line. The terrorists purposefully target civilians. Our goal is peace. There goal is destruction. Look at how we've fought the war in Iraq. We could have won that war in one day if we were like the terrorists. Could you imagine what the world would look like if the terrorists had our military and nuclear capabilities?

And our soldiers don't just kill. They do a lot of good as well. Just in the last few years, they were sent to help in Haiti and Japan after the earthquakes. I don't recall seeing al-Qaida over there helping.

And SH-Rock, the reason Canada hasn't had to worry about all the atrocities of war is because you've had America to stand behind and do all the heavy lifting for you. You're welcome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #25
fer522
ACERERO
 
fer522's Avatar
 
Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: right here
Posts: 3,153
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16190
Thanks: 2,961
Thanked 1,909 Times in 866 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

i glad that he was dealt with i really am
but honestly i don't feel safer today than i did yesterday
if anything i worry that al qaeda or any other terrorist group
will try to harm as many people as possible here or abroad
and that kinda scares and bottom line theres always gonna
be an osama bin laden out there i just dont think this will ever end
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #26
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
Like they say ... war is hell. A lot of bad things happen during war. And innocent people get killed.

The difference between our soldiers and terrorists is we don't target civilians, especially women and children. Sure there's going to be mistakes, and you're going to have some rogue soldiers who step over the line. We've seen it in every war. But that goes against what we believe in, and those soldiers are dealt with.

So I have to disagree with Mom that there's a fine line. The terrorists purposefully target civilians. Our goal is peace. There goal is destruction. Look at how we've fought the war in Iraq. We could have won that war in one day if we were like the terrorists. Could you imagine what the world would look like if the terrorists had our military and nuclear capabilities?

And our soldiers don't just kill. They do a lot of good as well. Just in the last few years, they were sent to help in Haiti and Japan after the earthquakes. I don't recall seeing al-Qaida over there helping.

And SH-Rock, the reason Canada hasn't had to worry about all the atrocities of war is because you've had America to stand behind and do all the heavy lifting for you. You're welcome.
I guess I should have worded my statement better, because I didn't want to imply at all that I thought our soldiers were anything like terrorists. I just think that by some outside of the US, they are perceived that way. That (IMO) has more to do with our foreign policies than anything else. For a long time now, the US has been seen as kind of an international bully, and have sometimes had a policy of "it's our way or no way at all". If that makes any sense.

That's kind of what I meant by the fine line. I'll always support our troops...I just don't always support those in charge of our troops.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,883
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 805
Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
Difference between American Soldiers and Terrorists:

American Soldiers:
Are there for the natural resources of the oppressed people, which I don't doubt.
Have killed innocent men, women and children

.
fixed it for ya ...

if anyone doubts it , please explain the difference between libya , sudan , syria , nigeria , darfur.
what makes libya "citizens" worthy of NATO , "protection" , from an oppressive regime , but not the citizens of the other countries mentioned ?

this sure is good timing for obama and his poll ratings ..maybe america will forget about its economy being sucked into a black hole ....
bush rode bin laden's "deeds" to a second term...maybe obama can ride bin laden's corpse to a second term.....
he'll probably put pictures of osama's "sea burial" on his campaign posters...
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson


Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 05-02-2011 at 01:40 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

I'm still waiting for pictures. I trust not the government.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #29
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,082
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,844
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,682 Posts
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I'm still waiting for pictures. I trust not the government.
I doubt Obama will have a press conference but I bet they are formally disclosed or "leaked."

I got a call around 10:30 to turn on the TV since Obama was going on the air (to announce the Martians would be landing at midnight?)

I turn on the TV and in my dazed state saw "Osama dead" as "Obama dead" - after I get past that up until 2 am watching coverage

Wonder when we find out the identity of the Seal who put 2 bullets into Osama?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #30
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,661
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 411
Thanked 954 Times in 374 Posts
Default Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I doubt Obama will have a press conference but I bet they are formally disclosed or "leaked."

I got a call around 10:30 to turn on the TV since Obama was going on the air (to announce the Martians would be landing at midnight?)

I turn on the TV and in my dazed state saw "Osama dead" as "Obama dead" - after I get past that up until 2 am watching coverage

Wonder when we find out the identity of the Seal who put 2 bullets into Osama?
Probably not anytime soon. He'll need maximum security 24/7.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts