Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #101
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069
Default Re: Rashard Mendenhall Twitter Remarks About Osama bin Laden Will Cause Backlash

All I know is Mendenhall better not say anything else, because his comments is already making news in other cities such as Atlanta.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #102
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Rashard Mendenhall Twitter Remarks About Osama bin Laden Will Cause Backlash

Mendenhall is a professional athlete. The only people putting his opinions in any regard (high or otherwise) are 8-13 year old boys and the media. Let's not inflate the affect this incident will have on our team. The Rooneys will tell him to shut his hole & it'll be over.

By the way, I'm glad Bin Laden is dead. I smile when I picture him frantically running around hell looking for the promised 77 virgins. All the while, his a$$ is on fire...and it's finally dawning on him that he was punked...:
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #103
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,255 Posts

i understand the idea of it, that we are as bad as them if were celebrating someones death, but even if you believe that, just shushh and keep it to your self, but what the heck do you expect from rashard.

my only complaint would be,

hey mendy how about you hold on to the ****ing football in a big spot you chump!!!
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #104
ebsteelers
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSU A Dub View Post
So 9/11/01 happens, and a bunch of terrorists are celebrating the death of innocent people. They are dancing in the street, waving flags, and feeling accomplished.

5/2/11 happens, and a bunch of Americans are celebrating the death of a human being the orchestrated the death of innocent people. There are American people dancing in the street, waving flags, and feeling accomplishment and closure.

So the next attack happens on American soil- one in retaliation for the murder of Osama. Terrorists will feel accomplishment and closure.

What we have started here is a tennis match of sorts. So what is it that we are REALLY celebrating? Gaining an advantage in the match or that some closure was gained for people that lost loved ones?

I will wait to save my dancing, waving flags, and feelings of accomplishment for peace.

post of the year
Old 05-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #105
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Would be interested to hear "the other side" that justifies killing 3000 people
I imagine it's the same thing that justifies us killing the Vietnamese in the 1960s, or killing at least 70,000 Iraqis during the previous decade, or any other choice of the numerous wars we've waged.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #106
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

just because he plays for the Steelers doesn't mean he should get his ass kissed like i've seen on a couple comments.
This is the SECOND time, and recently, that he's said something both stupid and wrong, and he's really shown his true colors. I have no tolerance for either one, let alone both. Mark my words...sometime in the future, he's going to pull a "race" card into something...just watch..
I continue to pull for the great Steeler team, but i no longer like Rashad...in fact, i dislike him a great deal.

Death is normally not something to celebrate, but this is one instance where, YES, it is and should be. The ones saying it shouldn't be didn't lose a husband. Or a wife. It's not unruly crowds celebrating. It's family members who lost one of their own celebrating and as i watched some of them interviewed, i felt good watching them celebrate that a small amount of justice was served....but you still feel a bit bad that there son, daughter, spouse, cousin, whatever, is gone forever.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #107
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
The killing was just, but the media celebration is what I don't agree with.
I've seen much celebration by families of the murder victims who were interviewed and i'm happy to be able to see them celebrate some, even if they can't get their loved ones back.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #108
ebsteelers
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
This is the SECOND time, and recently, that he's said something both stupid and wrong, and he's really shown his true colors. I have no tolerance for either one, let alone both. .
its an opinion, so there is no right or wrong, answer. Just because you disagree with him doesnt make him wrong and your right, or vice versa.

I personally agree with BGSU... I'll celebrate when there is peace

Everyone in America can say as they wish, and thats why America is so great.

Go Steelers
Old 05-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #109
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
its an opinion, so there is no right or wrong, answer. Just because you disagree with him doesnt make him wrong and your right, or vice versa.

I personally agree with BGSU... I'll celebrate when there is peace

Everyone in America can say as they wish, and thats why America is so great.
I agree!
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #110
StylCurtainXL
Water Boy

Member Number: 3469

People would be celebrating just as hard if he was just captured. However, we can't celebrate that, he would not surrender. This celebration of Americans is justified in my opinion. It isn't the man it is the symbol. He represented to our enemies someone who could strike at the US and survive. It is a very symbolic but important achievement in our efforts.

Just as celebrating the VJ day was our expression of joy for the end of WWII. I believe everyone understood the cost then. I bet we do today too.

Perhaps with many of the Islamic regimes under pressure, and the take down of one THE leaders of terrorism, we may be able to push forward to the goal where we no longer need to be over there en masse.
StylCurtainXL is offline   Reply With Quote