Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #241
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: Rashard Mendenhall Twitter Remarks About Osama bin Laden Will Cause Backlash

Hopefully Mendenhall now will realize that nobody really gives a f**k what he or any other player thinks about anything unrelated to how the Steelers are playing

Good points by Don Banks of SI.com

Mendenhall just the latest NFL player to spout utter nonsense

Don Banks>INSIDE THE NFL

What exactly is it these days with certain NFL players and their penchant for never having an unexpressed thought? I get it that Twitter has made us all eminently capable of falling into the speak-first, think-later trap, but NFL players really have spewed an impressive amount of utter nonsense in recent months.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...p&sct=hp_wr_a1

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 05-04-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #242
davidtrout
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17600
Default Re: Rashard Mendenhall Twitter Remarks About Osama bin Laden Will Cause Backlash

It occurs to me that in all the fun I've been having in this thread, I haven't given my opinion on Mendy's comments. So here it is.

He's 23. While the rest of his body has reached full maturity, the mind takes a whole lot longer. I'm on the plus side of 40 and very grateful that I can't be held to the fire for the things I said, thought, or did when I was 23.

It's not as if he is in a position where his thoughts and opinions could do any harm to anyone, as opposed to a federal judge, senator, etc. He's just a kid that plays football. I don't agree with him and although his opinions may anger or disappoint me, I would never condemn a 23 yard old merely for his thoughts.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #243
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtrout View Post
It occurs to me that in all the fun I've been having in this thread, I haven't given my opinion on Mendy's comments. So here it is.

He's 23. While the rest of his body has reached full maturity, the mind takes a whole lot longer. I'm on the plus side of 40 and very grateful that I can't be held to the fire for the things I said, thought, or did when I was 23.

It's not as if he is in a position where his thoughts and opinions could do any harm to anyone, as opposed to a federal judge, senator, etc. He's just a kid that plays football. I don't agree with him and although his opinions may anger or disappoint me, I would never condemn a 23 yard old merely for his thoughts.
Well said, and I agree with you. God forbid my family know some of the things I did or said at that age...I can't imagine how much trouble Twitter or Facebook would have caused me 20 years ago.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #244
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,404 Posts

im 22 gonna be 23 soon, when i heard mendy was only 23 i almost shit, for some reason i thought he was at least mid/upper twenties. maybe its the fact that hes in the nfl, and im use to nfl guys being older then me..
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #245
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
im 22 gonna be 23 soon, when i heard mendy was only 23 i almost shit, for some reason i thought he was at least mid/upper twenties. maybe its the fact that hes in the nfl, and im use to nfl guys being older then me..
Hmmm.....could be because Mendy LOOKS like he's 50.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #246
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Hmmm.....could be because Mendy LOOKS like he's 50.
Yea most 50-year olds have giant ripped arms and thighs
like an Olympic sprinter. What, because his eyes bug out
he looks 50? I don't see it.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #247
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hopefully Mendenhall now will realize that nobody really gives a f**k what he or any other player thinks about anything unrelated to how the Steelers are playing

Good points by Don Banks of SI.com

Mendenhall just the latest NFL player to spout utter nonsense

Don Banks>INSIDE THE NFL

What exactly is it these days with certain NFL players and their penchant for never having an unexpressed thought? I get it that Twitter has made us all eminently capable of falling into the speak-first, think-later trap, but NFL players really have spewed an impressive amount of utter nonsense in recent months.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...p&sct=hp_wr_a1
I got an idea. As as far as I know, no one was forced to follow RM on twitter
that I know of. Until the media crapped his pants on it, no one would even
know what his thoughts were. You don't like his stuff, don''t pay attention
to it. Whoopity dooo. That was so hard to do.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #248
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Yea most 50-year olds have giant ripped arms and thighs
like an Olympic sprinter. What, because his eyes bug out
he looks 50? I don't see it.
No, just his general facial appearance. He just looks "older" to me. Who said anything about his eyes?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #249
thumper
Banned

Quote:
No, just his general facial appearance. He just looks "older" to me. Who said anything about his eyes?
Well, I just didn't know what physical features made him look like
he was 50; the only trait I could think of that was unusual was his
eyes. When I look at someone, I don't just look at their face only -
I look at their total person. And I haven't seem many 50-year olds
who looked liked RM, with his massive, ripped arms, slim waist
with massive legs. Just doesn't look like any 50-year old I know.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #250
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Humans have been lying to each other since the beginning. Our government is no worse than any other & better than most, if not all others. What would be your alternative suggestion to our form of government? Somalia maybe? Communism? Aristocracy? Caste? For those of you with such a disdain for our government, can you please suggest a fix? I love it when I hear people complain, complain, complain, but offer no viable solutions or alternatives. What would you suggest to fix this horrible government we are subjected to?

Our government has built in checks and balances to prevent conspiracies of the highest order. Can they happen? Have they happened? Maybe, but as another poster said, the chances of a conspiracy of this magnitude not being exposed are so infinitesimal that it's laughable.

Considering the level of animosity within party politics I can assure you any misstep by a political authority is/will be fully investigated and exposed for political gain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

finesward is offline   Reply With Quote