Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #1
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default Dem Pistons.........

I know alot of you do not like dem Pistons but some of you do and I would like to know what you think of Flip's coaching ability in the playoffs. He is from MN right? Was he ever in the playoffs himself? The team seems divided, it seems like someone (and I would assume it would be the coach) needs to get these guys together and calm them down. Has anyone else noticed this, they look completely different from regular season play and I know that when it comes to the playoffs regular season doesn't count. Dang I never thought I would be wishing for Larry Brown. LOL
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: Dem Pistons.........

I am a huge Pistons fan and obviously I'm pretty pissed off about the way this series has went.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
24~show your love~43
Water Boy

Member Number: 2134

ok so i know you folks are pistons fans, but i am from c-town and i am a cavs fan. i have noticed that there team seems to be extremely divided and it's affecting teir game. now i like it that way, but like i said i am a cavs fan. and I AM A WITNESS!!!!!!
24~show your love~43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i ain't witness a damn thing yet lol. *not being bias just talkin basketball* flip is possibly the most overrated coach next to poopovich lol. he does not know how to coach in the playoffs, i don't get how you have a player like kg and can't get passed the first round more then once. and now he comes to a team that won and went to the finals the last two years and he's struggling against the cavs. obviously tonight is a must win, but it's a must win for the cavs too, i guranatee that the cavs will not win a game 7, so it's a must for them. so lets see how flip does in this type of situation, history says not so good
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #5
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

They won!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
Koopa
Living Legend

and they'll probably win it all, cause the spurs are once again choking
Old 05-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

several things about the pistons:

1 through 5 they are probably the only team who could have any of their players be starters on any other team, without that team making a serious downgrade.

they pissed away a #2 pick in the draft ( anthony or wade) and didnt suffer.

r. hamiilton is the only player to learn something from michael jordan and succeed, in jordans post bulls era.

the current pistons have been there and done that. most notably taking down the 3x champ lakers. losing to the spurs dont exacty make them slouches.

flip is a good coach who really only ever had 1 tool to work with (garnett). its hard to compete when you only have 1 player who could start on any other team. you give any coach JUST kobe, or garnett, or labron, and most likely they wont be able to get over the hump.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #8
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

Im also a big Pistons fan and am thrilled for the big win today :)
Old 05-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
i ain't witness a damn thing yet lol. *not being bias just talkin basketball* flip is possibly the most overrated coach next to poopovich lol. he does not know how to coach in the playoffs, i don't get how you have a player like kg and can't get passed the first round more then once. and now he comes to a team that won and went to the finals the last two years and he's struggling against the cavs. obviously tonight is a must win, but it's a must win for the cavs too, i guranatee that the cavs will not win a game 7, so it's a must for them. so lets see how flip does in this type of situation, history says not so good
i must say that coaching in the nba playoffs is one of the most over rated things ever. at this point, its all about the 5 men on the floor who get the job done. when every game in this 2nd round of the playoffs is coming down to 2-4 points there is NO way you can blame the coach for a loss. it comes down to a basket made here or there, or a tunover made here or there. its the players who shoot the ball, and its the players who turn it over or who dont rebound.

on average, the BEST team is gonna miss 50% of their shots. when 1 or 2 shots is making the difference in games, to blame coaches such as popovich, brown, flip, is absurd.

good thing being a steelerfan, i am used to people blaming the head coach all the time.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #10
Koopa
Living Legend

i hate poopovich, i'll blame him for everything lol

i don't like him because of the way he got his job, he fired bob hill for no reason, wasn't his fault david and elliot were out with injury. and he fired him right when david was scheduled to come back, but then david had a set back and he couldn't do any better then bob hill. and i don't like a coach that says as soon as tim retires ten mins later i'll call for a press conference to annonce my retirement. just shows he's riding the coattail of tim