Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
jwmann2
Water Boy

Member Number: 18374
Default Steelers Fans outside of Pittsburgh

How do Steelers fans feel about Steelers fans with no ties to Pittsburgh nor have they ever been to the state of Pennsylvania? I am not one of those people. Living in Cincinnati, you see this a lot. A lot of Cowboys, Packers and Steelers fans, aka teams with great tradition and championships to boot.
Fans are weak. Sports is the only entity in the world where rooting for a bad product is armirable.
jwmann2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479
Default Re: Steelers Fans outside of Pittsburgh

I have no problem with fans from anywhere. I am from Pittsburgh but live in southern Ohio. The only issue with "out of Burgh" fans is a lot seem to be wagon fans. Most don't know much about the Steelers history and trends.

I go to Steeler events every year and more fans go after successful years. I remember training camps where there are only 500 people but after Super Bowl XL, the Steelers recorded 7000. Another event I go to every year averages 1000 and after Super Bowl XLIII there where 5000 (this year though less than 500 showed up)

As long as people are true fans, they are a great fit for Steeler Nation.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
davidtrout
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17600

I've lived and traveled all over this great country and Steelers nation is always well represented, no matter where I go. Most have some sort of ties to Pittsburgh or the surrounding area, but not all. Doesn't seem to matter. You'll find good loyal fans wherever you go.

The ones that bother me are the sour grapes fans. You know the ones, they hate the FO because they don't chase high priced free agents or they don't draft the way they wish they would. The coach needs to go because we didn't win the SB. The QB sucks because we lost a game. The backups are always better than who's on the field. The team is always falling apart and the future is always bleak.

You'll find those fans anywhere you go, also. Even on this very website. Lol
Old 05-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Need4Sweed
Water Boy

Member Number: 15314

I am one of those guys that have no ties to the city of Pittsburgh. But have been a loyal fan since i was 8 yrs old. Became a fan around 79'-80', before the Colts left Baltimore. And my knowledge of Steelers history is second to non. I always say i was born to be a Steelers fan. My loyalty to the Black n Gold has been questioned by many Ratbird fans. They ask "how can you still be a Steelers fan once we were awarded the Ravens?" A. Why would i leave a team i've supported for 20+ yrs, "your just a bandwagon fan?" A. This wagon chose me, i didn't choose it. And i truly would be a "bandwagon" fan if i supported the Ravens. I stand firm and true to my childhood team in the face of Ravens faithful. I am sure their are many out there in Steeler Nation that have adopted this team as their own.
Need4Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

See...fans like this make Steeler Nation the best. LOYALTY.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Shreveport Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 11229

I had no other choice but to be a Steelers fan growing up with my dad. Both of us are from Shreveport, LA with no ties to Pittsburgh. Terry Bradshaw is from Shreveport and my dad was a big fan of his while he was at LA Tech, so when he got to the NFL, my dad remained a fan and became hooked on the Steelers in the 70s. We haven't missed a game in years on tv. I've only had the chance to make it to Pittsburgh for a game one time which was in 08 against the Colts. Planning on making a trip this year. Will always bleed black and gold! Can't wait for the season!
Shreveport Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18105

Myself nor any of my family have ever had any ties to Pittsburgh. However I am a third generation steelers fan. And I have 3 sons and 3 daughters who are all steelers fans. My grandfather on my dad side has been a steelers fan from the beginning. My Dad and two of his brothers are steelers fans.

I had 3 brothers, one was a cowboys fan, one an eagles fan and the only living of the three is a patriots fan. And the one thats a patriots fan all his sons are a steelers fan. So not having any ties to Pittsburgh does not make me or anyone else a bandwagon fan or less of a fan than any other member of the black and gold
Old 05-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
davidtrout
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17600

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocckbottomxmen View Post
Myself nor any of my family have ever had any ties to Pittsburgh. However I am a third generation steelers fan. And I have 3 sons and 3 daughters who are all steelers fans. My grandfather on my dad side has been a steelers fan from the beginning. My Dad and two of his brothers are steelers fans.

I had 3 brothers, one was a cowboys fan, one an eagles fan and the only living of the three is a patriots fan. And the one thats a patriots fan all his sons are a steelers fan. So not having any ties to Pittsburgh does not make me or anyone else a bandwagon fan or less of a fan than any other member of the black and gold
Awesome!

The Steelers fans in my family span five generations, six if you count the ones that aren't yet old enough go know they're Steelers fans. :-)

My family originates in Morgantown, WV which is only an hour away from the burgh so our story isn't uncommon, considering. Having such a history without any ties like your family has is quite rare I would guess. At any rate, ties to Pittsburgh or not, we are the greatest fans in the world.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Nobody cares
Old 05-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #10
bahama steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 18419
Talking Re: Steelers Fans outside of Pittsburgh

hi there i live in the bahamas,i have been a steeler fan for 35 years,there are a few steeler fans out here.i watch the steelers as much as i can.hope to see some games this year
bahama steeler is offline   Reply With Quote