Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2006, 02:08 AM   #1
SteelersFever
Founder
 
SteelersFever's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,038
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1
Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Default AFC Divisional Breakdown

Title: AFC Divisional Breakdown
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: Nick Signorelli

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0614.html
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

"Miami Dolphins - Yep, I said it. It is the time for the Mighty New England Patriots to lose their grip on the East crown. Between Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington, they upgraded the QB position. RB Ricky Williams is suspended again, but that will give Ronnie Brown more carries, and if he can stay healthy, could be a top 10 back in the league. The secondary is improved by the addition of Will Allen. If Nick Saban can keep the momentum of their late season run, Miami will win the division easily.

New England Patriots - I was talking to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. He told me he is thinking about not getting the Sunday Ticket this year because he is just going to be too busy to watch all of the games. So they understand their dire situation. Patriot fans, yes, you still have a great QB, but if you don't give him a real weapon, and let your best offensive lineman leave without replacing him, you are in trouble. I think the biggest loss in free agency is Adam Vinatieri. All three Super Bowls were won by his foot, and they let him go to the Colts, of all places. That, my friends, is the straw that broke the Patriots back."


That is just embarrassingly dim. First of all, the only reason the division was close last year (10-6,9-7) was because the Patriots werent even trying to win that last game. it should have been 11-5 to 8-8. Culpepper is overated. Harrington sucks.
Who was the "best offensive lineman" the Patriots lost?
more like New England 12-4, Miami 9-7 or 10-6
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Yeah, who is this Nick Signorelli?

Who exactly is the mystery O-Lineman that we have lost?

I agree that Miami should improve next year - but all this bandwagon hopping onto the Dolphins is turning into something of a plague - its the most fashionable prediction of this offseason.

If people are going to write articles like this they would do well to check their facts first, and possibly try and add a bit of realism.

This is what Steelers fans want to happen - because a repeat SB would be alot easier of they didnt have to get past Tom Brady and the Patriots, not something that is likely to happen.

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Quote:
They signed DT Ted "Mount" Washington, but he is getting old. I remember a game against Buffalo when Randle-El knocked Teddy on his rear. I still think they need more help on defense before they dethrone us. And for all you Bungles fans, the division crown is nice, but when we won the Lombardi, we took it back!
Ted Washington? Last time I checked we signed Sam Adams and the Browns signed Ted Washington.

Not exactly the best article I've ever read.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,578
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,383
Thanked 10,813 Times in 4,475 Posts
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Yeah, who is this Nick Signorelli?

Who exactly is the mystery O-Lineman that we have lost?

I agree that Miami should improve next year - but all this bandwagon hopping onto the Dolphins is turning into something of a plague - its the most fashionable prediction of this offseason.

If people are going to write articles like this they would do well to check their facts first, and possibly try and add a bit of realism.

This is what Steelers fans want to happen - because a repeat SB would be alot easier of they didnt have to get past Tom Brady and the Patriots, not something that is likely to happen.

NM
actually this is what the majority of football fans want. the pats have become boring, and alot of people would just rather see a different team in the playoffs. you notice when pats go on the road they dont pack the stadiums with their fans. in their last sb their fans were outnumbered by eagles fans. the only people who want to see the pats succeed is patfans.

and if you think the pats are in the steelers heads, or theres a mental hump the steelers cant get over you are under a false sense of security. infact the pats may want to concern themselves with getting past teams like the broncos, colts and chargers before they thump their chests in the direction of the world champs.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
actually this is what the majority of football fans want. the pats have become boring, and alot of people would just rather see a different team in the playoffs. you notice when pats go on the road they dont pack the stadiums with their fans. in their last sb their fans were outnumbered by eagles fans. the only people who want to see the pats succeed is patfans.

and if you think the pats are in the steelers heads, or theres a mental hump the steelers cant get over you are under a false sense of security. infact the pats may want to concern themselves with getting past teams like the broncos, colts and chargers before they thump their chests in the direction of the world champs.
Im guessing most of the fans of other teams just have a horrible feeling about what the Patriots will do to their team - thats probably why they dont want to pay hard earned money to see their team humiliated.

I related it directly to Steeler fans purely because the 'article' was written by a Steeler fan.

Lets face it - which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB - they may like to pretend its the Chargers or the Bengals or maybe even the Panthers - but if they are honest its the Patriots who bring the biggest threat.

Steelers fans can write all they like about how 'boring' this Patriot team is, I guess multiple SB success can be monotonous - but they should at least try and get some of the facts straight before they go to press.

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,578
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,383
Thanked 10,813 Times in 4,475 Posts
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

"which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB"

most definitely an NFC team. as for the afc, the colts will be the steelers biggest threat. (again)

pats can no longer rely on a rookie steelers qb making mistakes and brady wont be able to pick on a young immature secondary. infact the steelers can match up with all the pats wr's now man to man, and bring the heat whenever they want. they will use the same defensive gameplan that worked so well against manning and the same one that denver proved to be so effective against brady. the blueprint has been written how to beat these 2 qb's. thats why they call the nfl a "copycat league"
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
"which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB"

most definitely an NFC team. as for the afc, the colts will be the steelers biggest threat. (again)

pats can no longer rely on a rookie steelers qb making mistakes and brady wont be able to pick on a young immature secondary. infact the steelers can match up with all the pats wr's now man to man, and bring the heat whenever they want. they will use the same defensive gameplan that worked so well against manning and the same one that denver proved to be so effective against brady. the blueprint has been written how to beat these 2 qb's. thats why they call the nfl a "copycat league"
Well i'll look forward to a match up in the post season if we get one - until then the regular season will have to do.

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Im guessing most of the fans of other teams just have a horrible feeling about what the Patriots will do to their team - thats probably why they dont want to pay hard earned money to see their team humiliated.

I related it directly to Steeler fans purely because the 'article' was written by a Steeler fan.

Lets face it - which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB - they may like to pretend its the Chargers or the Bengals or maybe even the Panthers - but if they are honest its the Patriots who bring the biggest threat.

Steelers fans can write all they like about how 'boring' this Patriot team is, I guess multiple SB success can be monotonous - but they should at least try and get some of the facts straight before they go to press.

NM
Well people are entitled to their opinion. Granted I disagree that the Phins will over take the Pats for AFC East. I still think the Pats are the team to beat in the AFC east and are a real threat. As long as Brady in under center I won't bet against them. But I do think the Pats are not as strong as they were during their Super Bowl runs. I think your defense still has some issues that were not addressed. Also you don't have the best clutch kicker in NFL history anymore. Sorry I don't see your rookie kicker or Gramatica replacing Adam Vinatieri.

About us Steelers fans fearing the Pats. We don't fear them. Yea you did beat us twice in the AFC title game in our stadium. But that was with Kordell Stewart at QB in 01 and a rookie QB in Ben Roethlisberger in 04. If you think the results will be the same this year if our two teams do indeed meet again in the AFC title game you will be mistaken. Yea the Steelers did lose some players from last year but still have fewer holes then the Pats.

The AFC will be interesting like always. But the Steelers have to considered the favorite. Looking at the other teams. I see the Pats, Colts, Broncos, Bengals and Chiefs as the other playoff teams but all have more question marks in my eyes then the Steelers. You might call me a homer and I am. But really if the Steelers don't suffer any major injuries I really think they are step above the rest of the teams in the AFC. We will see though.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Well people are entitled to their opinion. Granted I disagree that the Phins will over take the Pats for AFC East. I still think the Pats are the team to beat in the AFC east and are a real threat. As long as Brady in under center I won't bet against them. But I do think the Pats are not as strong as they were during their Super Bowl runs. I think your defense still has some issues that were not addressed. Also you don't have the best clutch kicker in NFL history anymore. Sorry I don't see your rookie kicker or Gramatica replacing Adam Vinatieri.

About us Steelers fans fearing the Pats. We don't fear them. Yea you did beat us twice in the AFC title game in our stadium. But that was with Kordell Stewart at QB in 01 and a rookie QB in Ben Roethlisberger in 04. If you think the results will be the same this year if our two teams do indeed meet again in the AFC title game you will be mistaken. Yea the Steelers did lose some players from last year but still have fewer holes then the Pats.

The AFC will be interesting like always. But the Steelers have to considered the favorite. Looking at the other teams. I see the Pats, Colts, Broncos, Bengals and Chiefs as the other playoff teams but all have more question marks in my eyes then the Steelers. You might call me a homer and I am. But really if the Steelers don't suffer any major injuries I really think they are step above the rest of the teams in the AFC. We will see though.
Hey 32,

I agree that the team to beat is the Steelers - they are in a group of their own and should be favorites to win this years SB.

What I am talking about is the ridiculous amount of people who are picking the Dolphins to beat the Patriots to the AFC East - there is no real rhyme or reason to it - if they said it was going to be too close to call then I could see that.....

You are right about Vinatieri - players like him are not easily replaced, if at all.

Im not saying that the Steelers should 'fear' the Patriots either - all im saying is suddenly that Pats have gone from 3 time champs to a team that won't even win its division - and the people who predict this demise just want it to happen, without any real logic.

Ill take a $10 bet with anyone who wants to bet me (on paypal) that the Dolphins will beat the Patriots to the AFC East title.

Anyway, yours was a nice post - we're all homers when it comes down to it but sometimes you just have to draw attention to the craziness.

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts