Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #11
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
pats can no longer rely on a rookie steelers qb making mistakes
I see. What was his SB rating again? Yeah, the mighty Steelers.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #12
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
What was the result of that Super Bowl again? Yeah, the mighty Steelers.
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,775 Times in 2,938 Posts

Quote:
randle els sb passer rating > tom bradys sb passer rating

any pats ever have a 75 yard run?

ever hold a team to 10 points or less in a sb? for such a mighty patriots defense, they sure let people score on them at will.

good thing football is a team game huh? i bet brady would be good at tennis or golf.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:21 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Ben's passer rating in the three playoff before the Super Bowl was great. Yea he had a bad rating in the Super Bowl. But you know what the Steelers won and thats all that matters. Plus Ben really had a messed up thumb. I know what you will say I'm just making up excuses. Ben almost had season ending surgery after the second Bengals game because of that thumb. The thumb is important when throwing a football. Keep doubting the mighty Steelers all you want. Ben will be 100 percent and with the new weapons the Steelers have added the last few years. The Steelers offense has the chacne to be really special.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #15
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Well I'm just saying people are entitled to their opinions even if how crazy you think they are. As long as Tom Brady is under center I don't see the Pats lossing that division. Plus the Pats have added to the offense this year. Plus I really see Ben Watson having a really good year. My problem with the Pats is to me they still have some issues on the defensive side of the ball which I feel they didn't address totally. I'm not a Pats expert and I won't try to be. You would know better they I would and if I'm wrong on this correct me.

Plus lossing the best clutch kicker in NFL history is the reasons i think the Pats will lose if the playoffs this year. But its also way to early to even think or talk playoffs. Alot of things still can happen between now and the start of the season. Also even though I hate Brady and the Pats. They have my respect. The 3 Super Bowl in fours proved the Pats to be a great team. Thats why I'm not totally sweeping them under the rug like some people. Then again even if people do thats their right to think that.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:53 PM   #16
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
"which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB"

most definitely an NFC team. as for the afc, the colts will be the steelers biggest threat. (again)

pats can no longer rely on a rookie steelers qb making mistakes and brady wont be able to pick on a young immature secondary. infact the steelers can match up with all the pats wr's now man to man, and bring the heat whenever they want. they will use the same defensive gameplan that worked so well against manning and the same one that denver proved to be so effective against brady. the blueprint has been written how to beat these 2 qb's. thats why they call the nfl a "copycat league"
Can`t think of anyone standing in our way. KC needs some defense but I`m tired of hearing next year from them. NE has not forgot how to lose. With Brady there anythingis possible. not meaning to sound biased though, we really have a strong chance to repeat. We have running and passing, we have a great defense. And dman good sp. We lost nothing really, nothing!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Can`t think of anyone standing in our way. KC needs some defense but I`m tired of hearing next year from them. NE has not forgot how to lose. With Brady there anythingis possible. not meaning to sound biased though, we really have a strong chance to repeat. We have running and passing, we have a great defense. And dman good sp. We lost nothing really, nothing!
there will be only 1 team standing in our way: whoever represents the nfc. it would be cool if it were the cardinals (a rematch of the 1st preseason game) but in a way i hope its the cowboys so we can beat them for a 3rd time, avenge our only sb loss, and once again reiterate who americas team really is.

then again, the cowboys have the record for making it to the bowl 8 times and the steelers need to break that record. screw the cowboys. any nfc team will do. (maybe the saints)
Old 05-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I see one team standing in our way and its the Pittsburgh Steelers. Only way we don't make it back to the Super Bowl is if we beat ourselves. Or if we have major injury problems. I really like the makup of this team. Ben is going into his third year. The third year is really the year when a QB really takes off.

Ben already has a Super Bowl ring. The first one is always the hardest in my eyes. Willie Parker and Heath Miller both have a year of starting under their belts. The Oline has had year to play with each other. Last year Max Starks was a first time starter. Kendall Simmons was coming back from injury and struggled to retune his game at first. I expect our Oline to be even better this year. The added speed we have now on offense and special teams. I expect to see alot more fireworks from the offense and special teams this upcoming season.

On defense we lost Kimo and Hope. But Brett Keisel is ready to be a starter and I wouldn't be suprised if Brett nets 7-8 sacks this year. He had three as a backup last year. The LB is still intack and remains one of the best in the NFL. Porter and Haggans netted 19.5 sacks between them last year. James Farrior and Larry Foote are solid inside. James Harrison is the super sub of the group. Andre Frazier showed he had some skills last year.

The secondary even with the loss of Hope will continue to be better. Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu continued to improve. Troy is already one of the NFL's best. Taylor showed he could be a really good corner in this league. Byrant McFadden had a good rookie year and I expect improvement from him. Townsend is back and is still a really good player as well. Ricardo Colclough could make that third year jump like Ike did last year. If that happend the Steelers secondary could be one of the NFL's best.

But our special teams really could be awesome this year. Both kickers are back and will do a solid job like always. But Willie Reid should show that we won't miss El at all on punt returns. Plus Holmes can return also. There is going to be some major fireworks from the special teams this year. Plus Anthony Smith our rookie safety will play on special teams. Smith blocked 6 kicks in his college career. I'm making a bet that Smith blocks a kick or two this year.

Sorry about the novel. But I just watched my Super Bowl XL DVD earlier today and it really got me pumped for some Steelers football.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #19
Burghman
Water Boy

Member Number: 2324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Im guessing most of the fans of other teams just have a horrible feeling about what the Patriots will do to their team - thats probably why they dont want to pay hard earned money to see their team humiliated.

I related it directly to Steeler fans purely because the 'article' was written by a Steeler fan.

Lets face it - which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB - they may like to pretend its the Chargers or the Bengals or maybe even the Panthers - but if they are honest its the Patriots who bring the biggest threat.

Steelers fans can write all they like about how 'boring' this Patriot team is, I guess multiple SB success can be monotonous - but they should at least try and get some of the facts straight before they go to press.

NM
I might agree but the Pats are getting a little long in the tooth. This is not the same team it was a couple years ago.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:37 PM   #20
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
But our special teams really could be awesome this year. Both kickers are back and will do a solid job like always. But Willie Reid should show that we won't miss El at all on punt returns. Plus Holmes can return also. There is going to be some major fireworks from the special teams this year. Plus Anthony Smith our rookie safety will play on special teams. Smith blocked 6 kicks in his college career. I'm making a bet that Smith blocks a kick or two this year.

great take. i was most concerned about special teams going into the draft, especially if keisel will be relieved of st duties, but after the draft, i think our special teams could be one of the most potent in the league, whether we are kicking or receiving the ball.