Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,240 Times in 3,618 Posts
Default Troy - Players Fighting "Big Business"

Yesterday we got Ray-Ray Lewis saying the labor dispute needs to end because if the lockout continues into the season crime rates will soar

Not surprisingly, cool and calm Troy has a different take

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu doesn't know when the NFL lockout will end, but he does believe the players are representing the everyday person in their battle against the NFL.

"It's unfortunate right now. I think what the players are fighting for is something bigger," Polamalu said Sunday night. "A lot of people think it's millionaires versus billionaires and that's the huge argument. The fact is its people fighting against big business. The big business argument is 'I got the money and I got the power therefore I can tell you what to do.' That's life everywhere. I think this is a time when the football players are standing up and saying, 'No, no, no, the people have the power.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6580041

[youtube]2WHe5fxS3dA[/youtube]

Fight The Power!
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415
Default Re: Troy - Players Fighting "Big Business"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Yesterday we got Ray-Ray Lewis saying the labor dispute needs to end because if the lockout continues into the season crime rates will soar

Not surprisingly, cool and calm Troy has a different take

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu doesn't know when the NFL lockout will end, but he does believe the players are representing the everyday person in their battle against the NFL.

"It's unfortunate right now. I think what the players are fighting for is something bigger," Polamalu said Sunday night. "A lot of people think it's millionaires versus billionaires and that's the huge argument. The fact is its people fighting against big business. The big business argument is 'I got the money and I got the power therefore I can tell you what to do.' That's life everywhere. I think this is a time when the football players are standing up and saying, 'No, no, no, the people have the power.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6580041

[youtube]2WHe5fxS3dA[/youtube]

Fight The Power!
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Thumper - when you quote my posts please do not edit them - I had no after Troy's quote

I may agree with what Troy said but I prefer what I post here not to be edited when quoted

Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Thumper - when you quote my posts please do not edit them - I had no after Troy's quote

I may agree with what Troy said but I prefer what I post here not to be edited when quoted

Thanks
It was an error. Relax, Francis.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
It was an error. Relax, Francis.
Errors can be fixed - FYI I find your attitude as tiresome as many other posters do - since you now have trained it on me I have no problem calling you on it
Old 05-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #6
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
"The big business argument is 'I got the money and I got the power therefore I can tell you what to do.' That's life everywhere. I think this is a time when the football players are standing up and saying, 'No, no, no, the people have the power.'"
I think I'm going to try Troy's philosophy on my boss and see how it goes. Wish me luck.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Still think it is a fight between millionaires and billionaires...but Goodell is destroying the NFL with his crappy rules and not letting the players play football. The owners turned down a really good deal because they wanted more money. How much of this is Goodell and shady owners like Jerry Jones and Snyder (redskins)