Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #31
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
OK, I believe you have just broken rules for this message board.
There are to be no personal attacks. You just broke this rule. Either
apologize or risk risk a temporary ban. Mods please note.


Thumper, I wouldn't be so quick to call people out for making personal attacks. What do they say about people who live in glass houses? Just saying.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #32
davidtrout
Draft Prospect
 
davidtrout's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 149
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17600
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post


Thumper, I wouldn't be so quick to call people out for making personal attacks. What do they say about people who live in glass houses? Just saying.
I've had thumpy on my ignore list for quite a while now. It's made this board much more enjoyable to read.
__________________
davidtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #33
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post


Thumper, I wouldn't be so quick to call people out for making personal attacks. What do they say about people who live in glass houses? Just saying.
Are you going to resort to personal attacks too? Careful
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #34
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtrout View Post
I've had thumpy on my ignore list for quite a while now. It's made this board much more enjoyable to read.
Thumper is OK. He keeps things interesting, especially during a lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Are you going to resort to personal attacks too? Careful
When did I resort to a personal attack? I was just pointing out that you make personal attacks all the time. It was comical to see YOU accuse Zu of making a personal attack. And quite honestly, it isn't me who needs to be careful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #35
ConvertedSteelersFan
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Member Number: 17901
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

nothing wrong with the occasional toke
ConvertedSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #36
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter
 
bornaSteelersfan's Avatar
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

The problem with Santonio was/is that he seems to think don't apply to him. He thinks it is OK to smoke weed , beat up girls , or throw a drink in a woman's face that cuts her. He couldn't even make it to the Jets without an altercation on an airplane .

There is no "I" in team, but there is an M and an E if you can reverse the ME.

Furthermore, you cannot have a TEAM without T & A...BRING ON THE NAKED CHEERLEADERS!

bornaSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #37
zulater
Team Owner
 
zulater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,883
Member Number: 5296
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I am embarrassed for you. Sad thing is, you have no clue how sad
your attempt at debate is. No idea.
And I'm embarrased that you call yourself a Steeler fan. I mean really , first off you cry like a lttle girl trying to get me banned or suspended.

Then you basically assert, while offering no proof, that the Rooney's are murderers and further compare them to Stalin.....



If a mod feels the need to ban or suspend me for pointing out how moronic it is for anyone to assert the Steelers as a team have no right to dismiss Holmes on character issues due to their supposed "degenerate" owership, then have at me, because I'm taking back nothing.
__________________
"A man's got to know his limitations."
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #38
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

Quote:
And I'm embarrased that you call yourself a Steeler fan. I mean really , first off you cry like a lttle girl trying to get me banned or suspended.
Cry? I accurately detailed your breaking of forum rules. If one is going
to bother making rules, I am assuming the said rules would be followed.
If not, why bother to make them?
Quote:
Then you basically assert, while offering no proof, that the Rooney's are murderers and further compare them to Stalin.....
I asserted no such thing. You claimed that since Rooneys were never
arrested for anything it proved their lily white history while I provided
examples of others who have never been arrested for anything yet were
clearly criminal regardless. Big difference. The fact that you can't discern
the difference is a clear indication of low-level, single-plain thinking.

Quote:
If a mod feels the need to ban or suspend me for pointing out how moronic it is for anyone to assert the Steelers as a team have no right to dismiss Holmes on character issues due to their supposed "degenerate" owership, then have at me, because I'm taking back nothing.
The mods will probably take pity on you because it is clear that you lack
the ability to perceive things accurately. Your above assertion is yet another
straw man argument, where you try to strike at assertions that were never
made. I never indicated that the Steelers had no "right" to dump Holmes,
ever. (Go back and read the whole thread and you should blush in
embarrassment as you will see that assertion was never made.) I merely
indicated that dumping him over some hippie lettuce may have caused us
another ring. Show me where I said they had "no right" to get rid of him. (If
I wait for you to do so, I will die sitting here of old age, as no such assertion
was ever made.)

Please try to react to assertions that were actually made, as opposed to
assuming what they are and reacting to them in an inaccurate manner. Anyone
can strike down a straw man argument. Offering knee-jerk reactions to things
that were never asserted showcases a faulty thought model. You will find
life is far more forgiving if you perceive things accurately and then react
accordingly. Huffing and puffing, gnashing teeth and howling at the moon
just creates lots of unproductive energy leaks. Take a breath and try to
apply this logical approach where one deals with the truth, not just barks
at trucks going down the road, mindlessly. I think you will find a colossal
upgrade in your quality of life.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #39
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
The problem with Santonio was/is that he seems to think don't apply to him. He thinks it is OK to smoke weed , beat up girls , or throw a drink in a woman's face that cuts her. He couldn't even make it to the Jets without an altercation on an airplane .

There is no "I" in team, but there is an M and an E if you can reverse the ME.

Furthermore, you cannot have a TEAM without T & A...BRING ON THE NAKED CHEERLEADERS!

thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #40
Big
Draft Prospect
 
Big's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Now living in Virginia
Posts: 129
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16315
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: A little weed costs us a Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I still can't remove myself from the fact that if Holmes was
on the team and on the field that last drive in the SB, Pgh wins
the game. That last drive looked horrible, with the WRs not knowing
where they were supposed to be - very herky jerky. So Rooneys dump
Holmes for a warm six-pack over some weed. Mean while, they suck
down scotches but somehow puffing some weed is worse.

Yea, it's over. Time to move on, but it still burns me that Holmes was
sent packing over some weed. There hasn't been a single instance
where they proved weed was even bad for you, yet they have found
evidence that it can be beneficial. Not a single death has been
attributed to weed, yet how many ppl die from booze every single year
in accidents alone?

Yea, it's illegal. So is having oral sex in some states. Does that make
it right?

I am glad their paranoia and pointing the dirty end of the stick at
Holmes cost us a SB. Great.
He didnt get cut for smoking weed. He was cut because he was caught smoking weed for the 2nd time by the police, going to be suspended for 4 games and Ben was already bringing enough negative energy our way. If he didnt get caught, he'd still be a Steeler. It's hard getting caught smoking weed, you almost have to be stupid.
__________________
Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts