Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #11
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

Willie Parker a game breaker yea I agree. Thats his game with that speed. But while you are tooting Willie's post season it wasn't as great as you claim. Willie had 16 carries for 38 yards against the Bengals. Willie had 17 carries for 59 yards against the Colts. Willie had 14 carries for 35 yards against the Broncos. Then in the Super Bowl Willie had 10 carries for 93 yards and a TD. Most of those yards coming on that 75 yard TD run. So Willie really didn't light it up in the post season and that was with Ben coming out and firing the football early in the playoff games.

Trust me I'm not knocking Willie Parker. I love the kid and even though he has his share of 1 yard runs. I love the fact he can take it the distance on the next play. Willie proved he is our starting running back and I think he will have a very good year.

But I'm telling you. Ben will show all how good he really is this year. If you really think Ben is only going to be a great game management QB I think you are mistaken. Plus if you think this is Willie's team I have to disagree again. I don't see Willie carrying the ball more then 20 times a game. Is that a knock on him no it isn't. He just isn't the typical power back we usually employ. I know Parker compares in size to Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk and LaDanian Tomlinson. But in their primes Holmes and Faulk were among the best in the NFL. L.T. is the best back in the NFL currently. Willie Parker is a very good running back but I wouldn't put him in the class of those guys.

Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 05-21-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #12
steelcity984
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 91
Member Number: 2312
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

hah thats right

its weird though. madden loves big ben. and he sucks in that game (his vision cone is comparable to mike vick)
steelcity984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #13
steelcity984
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 91
Member Number: 2312
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

oh, and I think they generally give MVP to not only someone who performs on the field, but a clubhouse leader. At least it seems like that to me. I don't really think Willie is that much of a leader, at least not yet, so I cant see him getting team MVP unless he has an unbelievable 1800 yard season or something
steelcity984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity984
hah thats right

its weird though. madden loves big ben. and he sucks in that game (his vision cone is comparable to mike vick)
I play on allmadden and tear it up with Big Ben.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #15
Stillers#1
Banned
 
Stillers#1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Living in Spokane, WA because fo the Air Force.
Posts: 1,178
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1082
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Willie Parker a game breaker yea I agree. Thats his game with that speed. But while you are tooting Willie's post season it wasn't as great as you claim. Willie had 16 carries for 38 yards against the Bengals. Willie had 17 carries for 59 yards against the Colts. Willie had 14 carries for 35 yards against the Broncos. Then in the Super Bowl Willie had 10 carries for 93 yards and a TD. So Willie really didn't light it up in the post season and that was with Ben coming out and firing the football early in the playoff games.

Trust me I'm not knocking Willie Parker. I love the kid and even though he has his share of 1 yard runs. I love the fact he can take it the distance on the next play. Willie proved he is our starting running back and I think he will have a very good year.

But I'm telling you. Ben will show all how good he really is this year. If you really think Ben is only going to be a great game management QB I think you are mistaken. Plus if you think this is Willie's team I have to disagree again. I don't see Willie carrying the ball more then 20 times a game. Is that a knock on him no it isn't. He just isn't the typical power back we usually employ. I know Parker compares in size to Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk and LaDanian Tomlinson. But in their primes Holmes and Faulk were among the best in the NFL. L.T. is the best back in the NFL currently. Willie Parker is a very good running back but I wouldn't put him in the class of those guys.
I'm saying he is in their class yet either, but if you compare Marshall and LT's first years as starters to Willie's, pretty similar with the exception of TD's, and they didnt have a 280 lb. mass transportation vehicle on the sidelines waiting to score TD's.

Willie has a little more power than people give him credit for, he doesn't go down easily, the boy is rock solid. I could see him putting on 5-10 lbs of muscle this off-season, and seriously tearing the house down.

He does need to work on his recieiving out of the backfield though. I would like to see a back like him, with his speed and shiftiness, catch the ball downfield or in the flat more often. The screens are nice, but D's will be ready for them this year.

I promise you, 10-12 TD's this year, and a Pro Bowl invite (I'm going to vote 80,000 times).
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #16
Stillers#1
Banned
 
Stillers#1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Living in Spokane, WA because fo the Air Force.
Posts: 1,178
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1082
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity984
oh, and I think they generally give MVP to not only someone who performs on the field, but a clubhouse leader. At least it seems like that to me. I don't really think Willie is that much of a leader, at least not yet, so I cant see him getting team MVP unless he has an unbelievable 1800 yard season or something
I know Ben is considered a leader b/c he is the QB, but after watching the Super Bowl DVD, 1,000 times while I was deployed, I realized that Ben says some stupid shit. Being a former center, I have a lot of love for QB's, but my little sister could give better pep-speeches than Ben. I guess I should say that I do love Ben, and I was elated when they picked him up, and he is the perfect QB for this team, but he is still season away from a 3,500 yard 25 TD season. Like I said before though, when it happens, watch out NFL.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #17
Stillers#1
Banned
 
Stillers#1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Living in Spokane, WA because fo the Air Force.
Posts: 1,178
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1082
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
I play on allmadden and tear it up with Big Ben.
Duce is my man on Madden. I run the ball like 80% of the time. Look for me online on X-box sometime. teemont is my tag.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1
I'm saying he is in their class yet either, but if you compare Marshall and LT's first years as starters to Willie's, pretty similar with the exception of TD's, and they didnt have a 280 lb. mass transportation vehicle on the sidelines waiting to score TD's.

Willie has a little more power than people give him credit for, he doesn't go down easily, the boy is rock solid. I could see him putting on 5-10 lbs of muscle this off-season, and seriously tearing the house down.

He does need to work on his recieiving out of the backfield though. I would like to see a back like him, with his speed and shiftiness, catch the ball downfield or in the flat more often. The screens are nice, but D's will be ready for them this year.

I promise you, 10-12 TD's this year, and a Pro Bowl invite (I'm going to vote 80,000 times).
Well I hope your right. Thats for sure. That would be cool if could add the weight. Trust me I know he can break some tackles. The first game against the Titans he broke some tackles and gave that one Titan defender a nice stiff arm. I hope Willie's uses his natural instincts more this year. I do think he followed the orginal hole to much last year instead of maybe cutting back for a big gain. I think he will so I'm with you on the 1400 yards. Like I said I hope your right about the 10 to 12 TD's. That would be cool and mean alot of exciting long TD runs.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #19
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1
Duce is my man on Madden. I run the ball like 80% of the time. Look for me online on X-box sometime. teemont is my tag.
I have PS2 bro sorry. Yea you play like my brother he runs the ball non stop. I think he had Duce Staley rushing for 2500 yards and 20+TD's one year. He also turns Dan Krieder into a beast. Kreider usually ends up with 15 TD's also a year.

I pass the ball all the time. Don't get me wrong I run also. I use Willie Parker mostly. But I love throwing the pigskin. I can't wait to throw bombs to Santonio Holmes.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #20
Blitzburgh55
Starter
 
Blitzburgh55's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: phila
Posts: 411
Gender: Male
Member Number: 481
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 06 Steelers MVP ???

I say big ben gets it this year
__________________

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts